Couchbase providers for Coldbox

Andrew Scott

Nov 9, 2013, 11:05:31 PM11/9/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
I wanted to have a play around with this today and well sort of at a loss to explain why this doesn't work.

1) grab from github the zip file
2) Copy provider into model directory.
3) Copy mapping from application.cfc
4) Copy properties and provider class to cachebox .cfc for ColdBox
5) Restart ColdFusion

Sort of got multiple problems here.

First when browsing I get all these null pointer ORM exceptions, until I remove the mapping from step 3, which then throws an error can't find

couchbaseApp.model.contentbox.content.basecontent

So remove the step 4 modification and reset ColdFusion and the application runs fine. So I then do the following

1) Manually type the mapping for couchbaseApp and re-add the properties in step 4.

Again all these null pointer errors. Eventually with some fiddling and retyping I was able to then get an error that it can't connect to couchbase, something along the lines of can't use an interface which is the usual message that appears when there are dependency missing from the jar loading.

I haven't tried dropping the jars into the classlib of ColdFusion as Brad showed in a connect session a month ago.

I was hoping that this method would work, but alas it has no signs of working like this. Even adding the jarPath has no effect and the jars must be added to ColdFusion.

Anyone else experience this?

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/

br...@bradwood.com

Nov 9, 2013, 11:40:05 PM11/9/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Andrew, are you trying to use Couchbase as a secondary ORM cache or with CacheBox?

Are you following one of the blog posts in our Couchbase series? http://www.ortussolutions.com/blog/category/couchbase
I don't think either one of those use ColdFusion mappings, so I'm a little unsure of what you're doing.

Also, I assume you have Couchbase installed and running?  Is this Adobe CF or Railo?  Please paste in the full stack trace, and look in your servlet container's "out' log file for additional logging. Railo specifically has a bug that loses exception causes so they don't show up in the exception thrown to the screen.

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox Platform Evangelist
Ortus Solutions, Corp

E-mail: br...@coldbox.org
ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org
Blog: http://www.codersrevolution.com

Nov 9, 2013, 11:48:54 PM11/9/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
As instructed I downloaded the project from github, in the application.cfc it has a mapping that is used for the cachebox provider classes. So your blog posts may not, but the code actually does.

Yes, from within Cachebox.

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/

br...@bradwood.com

Nov 10, 2013, 2:32:33 AM11/10/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Ahh, are you talking about this mapping?

this.mappings[ "/couchbaseApp"] = COLDBOX_APP_ROOT_PATH;

That's just some code I put in the sample app so it would work in a subfolder without any logic in the CacheBox config to determine the app mapping.  It's in no way required.  By the way, here are the docs if you haven't seen them:

So basically, if you create a mapping or not is up to you.  The important bit is that the provider path that you specify in the CacheBox config resolves to wherever you've put the CFCs.

So I've no clue about the null pointer exceptions you were getting.  I've never seen that before so it might be completely unrelated.  You would need to provide a full stack trace to determine anything further about those.  You didn't touch any ORM settings did you?  Using Couchbase as your ORM secondary cache is a completely different beast than setting up the CacheBox provider.

By default, the CacheBox provider assumes that the jars are in a relative path to the CFC as long as you've kept the folder structure together.  Can you provide this "interface' error that you're seeing with a full stack trace?  Placing the jars in the lib folder should not be necessary.  When you saw me do that in the Connect session, that was to use Couchbase as the Hibernate 2nd level cache.

Also, again-- is this CF or Railo?  Have you installed anything else on this server (such as a trial of our Ortus Railo Couchbase Extension) that might have dropped a different version of the jars in the classpath somewhere?

Andrew Scott

Nov 10, 2013, 2:56:54 AM11/10/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Brad, I know it is not required and I added it rather than type a long path to the component in the cacheBox config.

But I think you're missing the issue.

1) When copying that one line to Application.cfc I get a null exception, if I manually type the line into CFBuilder then I get an error saying it can't find a ContentBox domain model. Which happens to begin with couchbaseApp instead of contentbox when trying to load the domain model and its services...

2) if I remove the mapping and put the full path into the cacheBox config, it at least runs to the point that it tries to connect to couchbase, but I get an error about not able to instantiate an interface.

Now I know you skipped over this, because all the answers to your questions where clearly stated.

Now my question is if I leave the jars in the model folder it is in and use couchbase providers load the jars, it won't work as it I stated that error is usually when you are not including a required jar in the class path in ColdFusion.

But more importantly, how the hell is ContentBox appending the couchabase mapping to all the contentbox mappings?

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/

Andrew Scott

Nov 13, 2013, 7:33:53 AM11/13/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Ok does anyone have any idea why I can't get this couchbase provider installed on ColdFusion 10 ? Brad you make it look so easy.... But there must be something missing.

All I am getting is

There was an error connecting to the Couchbase server. Config: {"BUCKET":"default","OPTIMEOUT":5000,"OBJECTDEFAULTTIMEOUT":15,"SERVERS":["http:////127.0.0.1:8091//pools"],"OPQUEUEMAXBLOCKTIME":5000,"TIMEOUTEXCEPTIONTHRESHOLD":5000,"USERNAME":"","IGNORECOUCHBASETIMEOUTS":true,"PASSWORD":"","JARPATH":"D://Projects//ColdFusion//ContentBox//model//providers//Couchbase//jars//"}

Object instantiation exception. An exception occurred while instantiating a Java object. The class must not be an interface or an abstract class. Error: ''.

The error occurred in D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/model/providers/Couchbase/CouchbaseProvider.cfc: line 251
Called from D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/coldbox/system/cache/CacheFactory.cfc: line 643
Called from D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/coldbox/system/cache/CacheFactory.cfc: line 599
Called from D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/coldbox/system/cache/CacheFactory.cfc: line 165
Called from D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/coldbox/system/cache/CacheFactory.cfc: line 97
Called from D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/coldbox/system/web/services/LoaderService.cfc: line 210
Called from D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/coldbox/system/web/services/LoaderService.cfc: line 74
Called from D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/coldbox/system/Coldbox.cfc: line 71
Called from D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/Application.cfc: line 78
249 : 				e.printStackTrace();
250 : 				instance.logger.error("There was an error connecting to the Couchbase server. Config: #serializeJSON(config)#: #e.message# #e.detail#", e );
251 : 				throw(message='There was an error connecting to the Couchbase server. Config: #serializeJSON(config)#', detail=e.message & " " & e.detail);
252 : 			}
253 :

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/

br...@bradwood.com

Nov 13, 2013, 3:56:40 PM11/13/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Everything always works on my machine :)

The error is "Object instantiation exception. An exception occurred while instantiating a Java object. The class must not be an interface or an abstract class. Error: "

In reality, that's not the real error at all.  The bit about the interface or abstract class is a complete guess.  We need the FULL stack trace of the error.  At the bottom will be a "caused by" but with the actual reason.

Double check that your jar path is correct and has all the jar in it.  Also, check for any other copies of the couchbase or memcache jars on your server (this includes a trial of the Railo Extension that could be installed).

Also, have you set a password in your config?  I don't see one in the error message, but you may have just removed it prior to posting.

Andrew Scott

Nov 13, 2013, 11:33:14 PM11/13/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Brad, as I stated very clearly the only time I have ever seen this message, with JavaLoader is that a dependency library is missing.

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/

br...@bradwood.com

Nov 13, 2013, 11:43:07 PM11/13/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
That's great Andrew.  Provide the full stack trace or I can't help you though.  That is a generic Java error and can mean anything.

Andrew Scott

Nov 14, 2013, 12:28:33 AM11/14/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
coldfusion.runtime.CustomException: There was an error connecting to the Couchbase server. Config: {"BUCKET":"default","OPTIMEOUT":5000,"OBJECTDEFAULTTIMEOUT":15,"SERVERS":["http:\/\/127.0.0.1:8091\/pools"],"OPQUEUEMAXBLOCKTIME":5000,"TIMEOUTEXCEPTIONTHRESHOLD":5000,"USERNAME":"","IGNORECOUCHBASETIMEOUTS":true,"PASSWORD":"","JARPATH":"D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\model\\providers\\Couchbase\\jars\/"}
at coldfusion.tagext.lang.ThrowTag.doStartTag(ThrowTag.java:142)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._emptyTcfTag(CfJspPage.java:2799)
at cfCouchbaseProvider2ecfc81393320$funcCONFIGURE.runFunction(D:\Projects\ColdFusion\ContentBox\model\providers\Couchbase\CouchbaseProvider.cfc:251)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)
at coldfusion.filter.SilentFilter.invoke(SilentFilter.java:47)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)
at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:220)
at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:655)
at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:444)
at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:414)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2432)
at cfCacheFactory2ecfc872477428$funcREGISTERCACHE.runFunction(D:\Projects\ColdFusion\ContentBox\coldbox\system\cache\CacheFactory.cfc:643)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)
at coldfusion.filter.SilentFilter.invoke(SilentFilter.java:47)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)
at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:220)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invokeUDF(CfJspPage.java:2659)
at cfCacheFactory2ecfc872477428$funcCREATECACHE.runFunction(D:\Projects\ColdFusion\ContentBox\coldbox\system\cache\CacheFactory.cfc:599)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)
at coldfusion.filter.SilentFilter.invoke(SilentFilter.java:47)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)
at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:518)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invokeUDF(CfJspPage.java:2624)
at cfCacheFactory2ecfc872477428$funcCONFIGURE.runFunction(D:\Projects\ColdFusion\ContentBox\coldbox\system\cache\CacheFactory.cfc:165)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)
at coldfusion.filter.SilentFilter.invoke(SilentFilter.java:47)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)
at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:220)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invokeUDF(CfJspPage.java:2659)
at cfCacheFactory2ecfc872477428$funcINIT.runFunction(D:\Projects\ColdFusion\ContentBox\coldbox\system\cache\CacheFactory.cfc:97)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)
at coldfusion.filter.SilentFilter.invoke(SilentFilter.java:47)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)
at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:220)
at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:655)
at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:444)
at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:414)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2432)
at cfLoaderService2ecfc1941503082$funcCREATECACHEBOX.runFunction(D:\Projects\ColdFusion\ContentBox\coldbox\system\web\services\LoaderService.cfc:210)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)
at coldfusion.filter.SilentFilter.invoke(SilentFilter.java:47)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)
at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:220)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invokeUDF(CfJspPage.java:2659)
at cfLoaderService2ecfc1941503082$funcLOADAPPLICATION.runFunction(D:\Projects\ColdFusion\ContentBox\coldbox\system\web\services\LoaderService.cfc:74)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)
at coldfusion.filter.SilentFilter.invoke(SilentFilter.java:47)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)
at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:220)
at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:655)
at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:444)
at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:414)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2432)
at cfColdbox2ecfc232480061$funcLOADCOLDBOX.runFunction(D:\Projects\ColdFusion\ContentBox\coldbox\system\Coldbox.cfc:71)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)
at coldfusion.filter.SilentFilter.invoke(SilentFilter.java:47)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)
at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:220)
at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:655)
at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:444)
at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:414)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2432)
at cfApplication2ecfc624837150$funcONAPPLICATIONSTART.runFunction(D:\Projects\ColdFusion\ContentBox\Application.cfc:78)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)
at coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)
at coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:220)
at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:655)
at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:444)
at coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:414)
at coldfusion.runtime.AppEventInvoker.invoke(AppEventInvoker.java:108)
at coldfusion.runtime.AppEventInvoker.onApplicationStart(AppEventInvoker.java:231)
at coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:309)
at coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:48)
at coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40)
at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:112)
at coldfusion.filter.LicenseFilter.invoke(LicenseFilter.java:30)
at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:94)
at coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28)
at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)
at coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:58)
at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)
at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)
at coldfusion.filter.CachingFilter.invoke(CachingFilter.java:62)
at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:219)
at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
at coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42)
at coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:224)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:169)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:928)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:414)
at org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:204)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:539)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:298)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/

br...@bradwood.com

Nov 14, 2013, 12:41:54 AM11/14/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I should have been more specific.  That stack trace is just for the throw() which isn't going to have the original Java exception.  The two lines before that are:

e.printStackTrace();
logger.error("There was an error connecting to the Couchbase server.", e);

That should print the original Java error out to your CF logs, and also log to LogBox (which I *think* includes the stack trace).

Please try find the original error in your ColdBox/Java/Servlet container logs as it will contain the "caused by" part with the original Java error.

Alternatively, you could temporarily remove the try/catch/throw in the code to let the original error bubble up.

Andrew Scott

Nov 14, 2013, 12:58:34 AM11/14/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
This is the error, and is in the stack trace.

at cfCouchbaseProvider2ecfc81393320$funcCONFIGURE.runFunction(D:\Projects\ColdFusion\ContentBox\model\providers\Couchbase\CouchbaseProvider.cfc:251)

If you bothered to look at the above line you will see there is just one line of code inside a try / catch block, it doesn't take an Einstein to work out that what I have clearly stated every single time is correct.

Just so I don't sound like a smart arse, why do you not comment that one line out and try to run it? If you did you will notice that it doesn't error.

The code is

try{
// Instantiate the client with out connection factory.  This is in a separate try catch to help differentiate between
// Java classpath issues versus Couchbase connection issues.
/*setCouchbaseClient( CouchbaseClientClass.init( CouchbaseConnectionFactory ) );*/
}
catch(any e) {
e.printStackTrace();
instance.logger.error("There was an error connecting to the Couchbase server. Config: #serializeJSON(config)#: #e.message# #e.detail#", e );
throw(message='There was an error connecting to the Couchbase server. Config: #serializeJSON(config)#', detail=e.message & " " & e.detail);
}

And you can see that I have commented the offending code out, you will also notice that if you run the code like this it will not throw an error.

And I will make this very clear one more time, the fact that when you try to instantiate a java object with this error message, clearly is a missing dependency.

Sorry Brad, if you have been dealing with JavaLoader and this error message, you will know what this error means. It is all over Google if you Google

coldfusion The class must not be an interface or an abstract class

You will see all the people who have had this issue for the last 7 years or more, the answer is always the same. You are missing other required libraries for it to run.

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/

br...@bradwood.com

Nov 14, 2013, 1:13:28 AM11/14/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Yes, if you remove the only line of code in the "try" block it will not error.  What else did you expect?  I have read all your replies and I am also very familiar with the code on line 251, I wrote it myself.  No one is arguing with you about the line of code that is producing the error.

The actual Java class is being created on line 235 though.  I'm not instantiating it until line 246 and as the comments state, that's so I can try to differentiate between class loader issues and configuration errors.  Errors from the Couchbase Java SDK can be a bit confusing.  For instance, if I supply an incorrect password, I simply get a null pointer exception.  Unfortunately, I have no control over the Java error handling.

Please remove the try/catch entirely and let the underlying error be thrown without being caught and provide the full stack trace here.

Andrew Scott

Nov 14, 2013, 1:20:04 AM11/14/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Brad,

I am not going to go back and forth on this with you, if you read how ColdFusion provides wrappers then you will know that line 246 is the actual error and is also the error that I commented out. I am done trying to explain this to you and I don't have the patience to go back and forth with this error.

Whether the try catch is there or not, we both agree that the code on line 246 is causing the error, but you know this because you clearly stated that you don't instatiate the object till line 246, line 246 is the line that I commented out. And is the line that is causing the issue.

I have done my job, reported it and told you what the issue is. I am done trying to explain to you how and why that error occurs.

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/

Andrew Scott

Nov 14, 2013, 1:28:28 AM11/14/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
And if I knew what other Jars that are needed to be added to the jars folder to get this to run, I would do that. But I don't have the time to research what libraries are needed to be added to that folder.

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/

br...@bradwood.com

Nov 14, 2013, 1:30:10 AM11/14/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Why do you refuse to follow such simple instructions Andrew?  The line of code is irrelevant and I don't even know why you keep going on about it. I can't do a single thing to help you without the ORIGINAL FULL STACK TRACE.  If you won't provide me with that, I can do nothing to help you.  Just remove the try/catch and report back the error.  I've never said you are wrong, just that I need more information.

Andrew Scott

Nov 14, 2013, 1:39:17 AM11/14/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
And people wonder what sets me off so f'ing easily when I have to deal with attitudes like this Brad.

The stack trace is the same, the error message is the same. It doesn't excuse the fact that there is another external library needed to the jars that you have provided.

I have seen this error message enough to know what it means.

But because you are damn stubborn on this here is the new stack trace.

AND NOW TELL ME HOW THIS IS ANY DIFFERENT TO WHAT I ALREADY POSTED.....

Object instantiation exception.

An exception occurred while instantiating a Java object. The class must not be an interface or an abstract class. Error: ''.

The error occurred in D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/model/providers/Couchbase/CouchbaseProvider.cfc: line 246

Called from D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/coldbox/system/cache/CacheFactory.cfc: line 643
Called from D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/coldbox/system/cache/CacheFactory.cfc: line 599
Called from D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/coldbox/system/cache/CacheFactory.cfc: line 165
Called from D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/coldbox/system/cache/CacheFactory.cfc: line 97
Called from D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/coldbox/system/web/services/LoaderService.cfc: line 210
Called from D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/coldbox/system/web/services/LoaderService.cfc: line 74
Called from D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/coldbox/system/Coldbox.cfc: line 71
Called from D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/Application.cfc: line 78
Called from D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/model/providers/Couchbase/CouchbaseProvider.cfc: line 246

Called from D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/coldbox/system/cache/CacheFactory.cfc: line 643
Called from D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/coldbox/system/cache/CacheFactory.cfc: line 599
Called from D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/coldbox/system/cache/CacheFactory.cfc: line 165
Called from D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/coldbox/system/cache/CacheFactory.cfc: line 97
Called from D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/coldbox/system/web/services/LoaderService.cfc: line 210
Called from D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/coldbox/system/web/services/LoaderService.cfc: line 74
Called from D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/coldbox/system/Coldbox.cfc: line 71
Called from D:/Projects/ColdFusion/ContentBox/Application.cfc: line 78
244 : 				// Instantiate the client with out connection factory.  This is in a separate try catch to help differentiate between
245 : 				// Java classpath issues versus Couchbase connection issues.
246 : 				setCouchbaseClient( CouchbaseClientClass.init( CouchbaseConnectionFactory ) );
247 : /*			}
248 : 			catch(any e) {

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/

Andrew Scott

Nov 14, 2013, 1:41:42 AM11/14/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Oh and if you want to use the original error in ColdFusion, may I suggest you use rethrow and not throw!!!

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/

br...@bradwood.com

Nov 14, 2013, 1:47:04 AM11/14/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
That's not the full trace.  The full trace shows the actual Java methods, not just the cfm/cfc templates.

Andrew Scott

Nov 14, 2013, 1:48:31 AM11/14/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
I am done....

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/

br...@bradwood.com

Nov 14, 2013, 1:50:31 AM11/14/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
I'm aware of the difference between throw and rethrow.  I used throw on purpose so I could add additional information to the error.  When I was developing the provider, most java errors were cryptic and unhelpful, so I put in error handling to throw more useful messages that described what was going on at the time of the error (along with the original message and detail).  The unfortunate part is that the original trace is lost.  I can include it, but it would all have to be in the detail.  I consider this to be a failure in CFML.  In Java we wouldn't have this issue since we can wrap an exception as a "cause".

Andrew Scott

Nov 14, 2013, 1:53:24 AM11/14/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Not in your case Brad and I have also made it very clear HOW MANY TIMES NOW..... Go back to where I provided the stack trace, if you want that it is IDENTICAL....

And I am NOT going to go back and forth on this when I have already provided it.

End of conversation.

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/

br...@bradwood.com

Nov 14, 2013, 2:12:48 AM11/14/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry Andrew, but you haven't provided what I asked for.  You have provided only one full stack trace and it is here:

You will see that is a stack trace of the throw on line 251, not the Java instantiation on line 246.

Andrew Scott

Nov 14, 2013, 3:10:09 AM11/14/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Brad,

I know what you are saying and I have debugged and looked at enough stack traces to tell you that apart form that line number the stack trace between the two traces are identical.

And since I have used 15 VM's fresh install of Windows 7 / 8 or Server 2008 / 2012 with a fresh install of ColdFuison and a fresh install of ContentBox, every single VM instance has this problem. It is not like it is hard to duplicate either.

Now like I stated if I knew which java library that is missing or required, I would have done this myself rather than waste time talking to someone who is being dogmatic about this problem. The problem is that the stack trace doesn't tel you what you need to know, which is basically what I have been trying to tell you.

I have no more to say on the situation. I have provided everything that is needed and what the error means, also how to replicate it. What you do with this information is up to you.

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/

br...@bradwood.com

Nov 14, 2013, 3:34:56 AM11/14/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately I am unable to replicate it.  The same code works fine on my machine as well as several servers I have installed the provider on.  Perhaps some more people on the list can give the provider a try and report back if they encounter the same issue.  That may help us track down the culprit.

Andrew Scott

Nov 14, 2013, 3:38:17 AM11/14/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Did you create a VM with Windows 7/8/2008/2012 with ColdFusion 10 latest updates and install ContentBox on there with this provider, every time I do this it happens each and every time. I would be surprised if that doesn't happen for you.

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/

br...@bradwood.com

Nov 14, 2013, 3:46:12 AM11/14/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
My current machine is Windows 7, ColdFusion 10 latest.  I've installed it on regular ColdBox and ContentBox.  I'll try a fresh install of everything.  But not tonight.  Now I sleep.

Andrew Scott

Nov 14, 2013, 4:41:16 AM11/14/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Well I don't know Brad I downloaded ContentBox Express added the provider for couchBase to the same location and applied the same config file as I did for ColdFusion 10 started Railo and browsed to 127.0.01:8085 and didn't get that error. So there is a major difference running on a stock standard install of ColdFusion.

So I then switched ContentBox Express to use that caching mechanism and tried to browse the same page.

The error message I am getting in Railo is below, so even a stock standard ContentBox Express install has issues for me.

No matching Method/Function for String.get(string) found
	at railo.runtime.reflection.Reflector.throwCall(Reflector.java:832):832
	at railo.runtime.reflection.Reflector.callMethod(Reflector.java:798):798
	at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:718):718
	at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1455):1455
	at model.providers.couchbase.couchbaseprovider_cfc$cf._3(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\model\providers\Couchbase\CouchbaseProvider.cfc:555):555
	at model.providers.couchbase.couchbaseprovider_cfc$cf.udfCall(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\model\providers\Couchbase\CouchbaseProvider.cfc):-1
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:106):106
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:377):377
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.callWithNamedValues(UDFImpl.java:276):276
	at railo.runtime.type.scope.UndefinedImpl.callWithNamedValues(UndefinedImpl.java:709):709
	at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:735):735
	at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunctionWithNamedValues(PageContextImpl.java:1465):1465
	at model.providers.couchbase.couchbaseprovider_cfc$cf._3(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\model\providers\Couchbase\CouchbaseProvider.cfc:542):542
	at model.providers.couchbase.couchbaseprovider_cfc$cf.udfCall(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\model\providers\Couchbase\CouchbaseProvider.cfc):-1
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:106):106
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:377):377
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.call(UDFImpl.java:283):283
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:604):604
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:487):487
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl.call(ComponentImpl.java:1698):1698
	at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:709):709
	at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1455):1455
	at model.content.basecontent_cfc$cf._4(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\modules\contentbox\model\content\BaseContent.cfc:652):652
	at model.content.basecontent_cfc$cf.udfCall(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\modules\contentbox\model\content\BaseContent.cfc):-1
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:106):106
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:377):377
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.call(UDFImpl.java:283):283
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:604):604
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:487):487
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl.call(ComponentImpl.java:1698):1698
	at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:709):709
	at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1455):1455
	at modules.contentbox.layouts._default.templates.entry_cfm$cf.call(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\modules\contentbox\layouts\default\templates\entry.cfm:62):62
	at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:813):813
	at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:760):760
	at system.plugins.renderer_cfc$cf._1(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\plugins\Renderer.cfc:338):338
	at system.plugins.renderer_cfc$cf.udfCall(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\plugins\Renderer.cfc):-1
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:106):106
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:377):377
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.call(UDFImpl.java:283):283
	at railo.runtime.type.scope.UndefinedImpl.call(UndefinedImpl.java:700):700
	at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:709):709
	at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1455):1455
	at system.plugins.renderer_cfc$cf._1(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\plugins\Renderer.cfc:301):301
	at system.plugins.renderer_cfc$cf.udfCall(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\plugins\Renderer.cfc):-1
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:106):106
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:377):377
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.call(UDFImpl.java:283):283
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:604):604
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:487):487
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl.call(ComponentImpl.java:1698):1698
	at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:709):709
	at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1455):1455
	at system.plugins.renderer_cfc$cf._1(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\plugins\Renderer.cfc:179):179
	at system.plugins.renderer_cfc$cf.udfCall(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\plugins\Renderer.cfc):-1
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:106):106
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:377):377
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.callWithNamedValues(UDFImpl.java:276):276
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:605):605
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:487):487
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl.callWithNamedValues(ComponentImpl.java:1715):1715
	at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:735):735
	at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunctionWithNamedValues(PageContextImpl.java:1465):1465
	at system.frameworksupertype_cfc$cf._2(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\FrameworkSupertype.cfc:171):171
	at system.frameworksupertype_cfc$cf.udfCall(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\FrameworkSupertype.cfc):-1
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:106):106
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:377):377
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.callWithNamedValues(UDFImpl.java:276):276
	at railo.runtime.type.scope.UndefinedImpl.callWithNamedValues(UndefinedImpl.java:709):709
	at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:735):735
	at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunctionWithNamedValues(PageContextImpl.java:1465):1465
	at modules.contentbox.plugins.cbhelper_cfc$cf._9(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\modules\contentbox\plugins\CBHelper.cfc:862):862
	at modules.contentbox.plugins.cbhelper_cfc$cf.udfCall(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\modules\contentbox\plugins\CBHelper.cfc):-1
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:106):106
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:377):377
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.call(UDFImpl.java:283):283
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:604):604
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:487):487
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl.call(ComponentImpl.java:1698):1698
	at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:709):709
	at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1455):1455
	at modules.contentbox.layouts._default.views.index_cfm$cf.call(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\modules\contentbox\layouts\default\views\index.cfm:61):61
	at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:813):813
	at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:760):760
	at system.plugins.renderer_cfc$cf._1(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\plugins\Renderer.cfc:338):338
	at system.plugins.renderer_cfc$cf.udfCall(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\plugins\Renderer.cfc):-1
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:106):106
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:377):377
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.call(UDFImpl.java:283):283
	at railo.runtime.type.scope.UndefinedImpl.call(UndefinedImpl.java:700):700
	at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:709):709
	at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1455):1455
	at system.plugins.renderer_cfc$cf._1(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\plugins\Renderer.cfc:183):183
[...]
	at modules.contentbox.plugins.cbhelper_cfc$cf._a(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\modules\contentbox\plugins\CBHelper.cfc:961):961
	at modules.contentbox.plugins.cbhelper_cfc$cf.udfCall(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\modules\contentbox\plugins\CBHelper.cfc):-1
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:106):106
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:377):377
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.call(UDFImpl.java:283):283
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:604):604
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:487):487
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl.call(ComponentImpl.java:1698):1698
	at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:709):709
	at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1455):1455
	at modules.contentbox.layouts._default.layouts.blog_cfm$cf.call(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\modules\contentbox\layouts\default\layouts\blog.cfm:126):126
	at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:813):813
	at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:760):760
	at system.plugins.renderer_cfc$cf._1(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\plugins\Renderer.cfc:338):338
	at system.plugins.renderer_cfc$cf.udfCall(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\plugins\Renderer.cfc):-1
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:106):106
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:377):377
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.call(UDFImpl.java:283):283
	at railo.runtime.type.scope.UndefinedImpl.call(UndefinedImpl.java:700):700
	at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:709):709
	at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1455):1455
	at system.plugins.renderer_cfc$cf._call000031(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\plugins\Renderer.cfc:475):475
	at system.plugins.renderer_cfc$cf._1(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\plugins\Renderer.cfc:429):429
	at system.plugins.renderer_cfc$cf.udfCall(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\plugins\Renderer.cfc):-1
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:106):106
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:377):377
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.callWithNamedValues(UDFImpl.java:276):276
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:605):605
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:487):487
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl.callWithNamedValues(ComponentImpl.java:1715):1715
	at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:735):735
	at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunctionWithNamedValues(PageContextImpl.java:1465):1465
	at coldbox.system.coldbox_cfc$cf._1(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\Coldbox.cfc:256):256
	at coldbox.system.coldbox_cfc$cf.udfCall(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\Coldbox.cfc):-1
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:106):106
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:377):377
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.call(UDFImpl.java:283):283
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:604):604
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:487):487
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl.call(ComponentImpl.java:1698):1698
	at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:709):709
	at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1455):1455
	at application_cfc$cf.udfCall(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\Application.cfc:104):104
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:106):106
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:377):377
	at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.call(UDFImpl.java:283):283
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:604):604
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:487):487
	at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl.call(ComponentImpl.java:1698):1698
	at railo.runtime.listener.ModernAppListener.call(ModernAppListener.java:372):372
	at railo.runtime.listener.ModernAppListener._onRequest(ModernAppListener.java:108):108
	at railo.runtime.listener.MixedAppListener.onRequest(MixedAppListener.java:18):18
	at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.execute(PageContextImpl.java:2113):2113
	at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.execute(PageContextImpl.java:2081):2081
	at railo.runtime.engine.CFMLEngineImpl.serviceCFML(CFMLEngineImpl.java:318):318
	at railo.loader.servlet.CFMLServlet.service(CFMLServlet.java:29):29
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728):728
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305):305
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210):210
	at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.RuleChain.handleRewrite(RuleChain.java:176):176
	at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.RuleChain.doRules(RuleChain.java:145):145
	at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriter.processRequest(UrlRewriter.java:92):92
	at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:394):394
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243):243
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210):210
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:749):749
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:487):487
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:412):412
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:339):339
	at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.NormalRewrittenUrl.doRewrite(NormalRewrittenUrl.java:213):213
	at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.RuleChain.handleRewrite(RuleChain.java:171):171
	at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.RuleChain.doRules(RuleChain.java:145):145
	at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriter.processRequest(UrlRewriter.java:92):92
	at org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter.doFilter(UrlRewriteFilter.java:394):394
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243):243
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210):210
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222):222
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123):123
	at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472):472
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171):171
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:99):99
	at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:936):936
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118):118
	at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:407):407
	at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1004):1004
	at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:589):589
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:312):312
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source):-1
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source):-1
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source):-1

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/

Andrew Scott

Nov 14, 2013, 5:07:22 AM11/14/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Btw I am keen to get these two caching issues fixed as quickly as possible, the reason being is that I have enquired whether Hostek would / could be interested in setting up such caching for their customers.

I think from their point it would be beneficial, as it moves so much away from the server itself.

And I think if we can get just one hosting company to think about it, it could open up the door for more like services for those of who need the extra caching, on shared ColdFusion servers.

It is a small step and hopefully it is something they will do.

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/

Andrew Scott

Nov 14, 2013, 5:18:04 AM11/14/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Ok got it to error in Railo and ContentBox Express as well.

Maybe the Railo stack trace might be better as it is a 100% completely different error than what ColdFusion produces.

org/jboss/netty/channel/ChannelFactory
  at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source):-1
  at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source):-1
  at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method):-2
  at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source):-1
  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source):-1
  at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source):-1
  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source):-1
  at java.lang.ClassLoader.findSystemClass(Unknown Source):-1
  at com.compoundtheory.classloader.NetworkClassLoader.loadClass(NetworkClassLoader.java:473):473
  at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source):-1
  at com.couchbase.client.vbucket.ConfigurationProviderHTTP.subscribe(ConfigurationProviderHTTP.java:329):329
  at com.couchbase.client.CouchbaseClient.(CouchbaseClient.java:247):247
  at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method):-2
  at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source):-1
  at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source):-1
  at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source):-1
  at railo.runtime.reflection.pairs.ConstructorInstance.invoke(ConstructorInstance.java:34):34
  at railo.runtime.reflection.Reflector.callConstructor(Reflector.java:755):755
  at railo.runtime.java.JavaObject.init(JavaObject.java:274):274
  at railo.runtime.java.JavaObject.call(JavaObject.java:204):204
  at railo.runtime.java.JavaObject.call(JavaObject.java:238):238
  at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:709):709
  at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1455):1455
  at model.providers.couchbase.couchbaseprovider_cfc$cf._2(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\model\providers\Couchbase\CouchbaseProvider.cfc:246):246
  at model.providers.couchbase.couchbaseprovider_cfc$cf.udfCall(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\model\providers\Couchbase\CouchbaseProvider.cfc):-1
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:106):106
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:377):377
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.call(UDFImpl.java:283):283
  at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:604):604
  at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:487):487
  at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl.call(ComponentImpl.java:1698):1698
  at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:709):709
  at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1455):1455
  at system.cache.cachefactory_cfc$cf._3(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\cache\CacheFactory.cfc:643):643
  at system.cache.cachefactory_cfc$cf.udfCall(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\cache\CacheFactory.cfc):-1
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:106):106
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:377):377
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.call(UDFImpl.java:283):283
  at railo.runtime.type.scope.UndefinedImpl.call(UndefinedImpl.java:700):700
  at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:709):709
  at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1455):1455
  at system.cache.cachefactory_cfc$cf._3(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\cache\CacheFactory.cfc:599):599
  at system.cache.cachefactory_cfc$cf.udfCall(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\cache\CacheFactory.cfc):-1
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:106):106
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:377):377
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.callWithNamedValues(UDFImpl.java:276):276
  at railo.runtime.type.scope.UndefinedImpl.callWithNamedValues(UndefinedImpl.java:709):709
  at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:735):735
  at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunctionWithNamedValues(PageContextImpl.java:1465):1465
  at system.cache.cachefactory_cfc$cf._1(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\cache\CacheFactory.cfc:165):165
  at system.cache.cachefactory_cfc$cf.udfCall(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\cache\CacheFactory.cfc):-1
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:106):106
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:377):377
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.call(UDFImpl.java:283):283
  at railo.runtime.type.scope.UndefinedImpl.call(UndefinedImpl.java:700):700
  at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:709):709
  at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1455):1455
  at system.cache.cachefactory_cfc$cf._1(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\cache\CacheFactory.cfc:97):97
  at system.cache.cachefactory_cfc$cf.udfCall(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\cache\CacheFactory.cfc):-1
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:106):106
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:377):377
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.call(UDFImpl.java:283):283
  at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:604):604
  at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:487):487
  at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl.call(ComponentImpl.java:1698):1698
  at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:709):709
  at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1455):1455
  at system.web.services.loaderservice_cfc$cf.udfCall(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\web\services\LoaderService.cfc:210):210
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:106):106
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:377):377
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.call(UDFImpl.java:283):283
  at railo.runtime.type.scope.UndefinedImpl.call(UndefinedImpl.java:700):700
  at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:709):709
  at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1455):1455
  at system.web.services.loaderservice_cfc$cf.udfCall(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\web\services\LoaderService.cfc:74):74
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:106):106
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:377):377
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.call(UDFImpl.java:283):283
  at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:604):604
  at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:487):487
  at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl.call(ComponentImpl.java:1698):1698
  at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:709):709
  at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1455):1455
  at coldbox.system.coldbox_cfc$cf._1(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\Coldbox.cfc:71):71
  at coldbox.system.coldbox_cfc$cf.udfCall(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\coldbox\system\Coldbox.cfc):-1
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:106):106
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:377):377
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.call(UDFImpl.java:283):283
  at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:604):604
  at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:487):487
  at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl.call(ComponentImpl.java:1698):1698
  at railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(VariableUtilImpl.java:709):709
  at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1455):1455
  at application_cfc$cf.udfCall(D:\ContentBox Express\www\ROOT\Application.cfc:81):81
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:106):106
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:377):377
  at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.call(UDFImpl.java:283):283
  at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:604):604
  at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:487):487
  at railo.runtime.ComponentImpl.call(ComponentImpl.java:1698):1698
  at railo.runtime.listener.ModernAppListener.call(ModernAppListener.java:372):372
  at railo.runtime.listener.ModernAppListener.onApplicationStart(ModernAppListener.java:250):250
  at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.initApplicationContext(PageContextImpl.java:2627):2627
  at railo.runtime.listener.ModernAppListener._onRequest(ModernAppListener.java:95):95
  at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:310):310
  at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source):-1
  at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source):-1
  at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source):-1

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/

Andrew Scott

Nov 14, 2013, 5:26:12 AM11/14/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
And I found this in the ColdFusion log files.

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/netty/channel/ChannelFactory
at com.couchbase.client.vbucket.ConfigurationProviderHTTP.subscribe(ConfigurationProviderHTTP.java:329)
at com.couchbase.client.CouchbaseClient.<init>(CouchbaseClient.java:247)
... 137 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.netty.channel.ChannelFactory
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.findSystemClass(ClassLoader.java:1059)
at com.compoundtheory.classloader.NetworkClassLoader.loadClass(NetworkClassLoader.java:473)

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/

Andrew Scott

Nov 14, 2013, 5:48:46 AM11/14/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Ok Brad, I can now tell you I have now got passed that error. You will not believe this, but the jar file netty-3.5.5.Final.jar was corrupt in my download. Once I downloaded this version of the net I was able to get past the instantiation.

But I now get

CacheBox_allKeys as an error message in my logs the exact log is

Error running admin reload module action: Could not load design document "CacheBox_allKeys"

{"Message":"Could not load design document \"CacheBox_allKeys\"","StackTrace":"com.couchbase.client.protocol.views.InvalidViewException: Could not load design document \"CacheBox_allKeys\"\r\n\tat com.couchbase.client.CouchbaseClient.getDesignDocument(CouchbaseClient.java:540)\r\n\tat sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)\r\n\tat sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)\r\n\tat sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)\r\n\tat java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.StructBean.invoke(StructBean.java:508)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2465)\r\n\tat cfCouchbaseProvider2ecfc81393320$funcENSUREVIEWEXISTS.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\model\\providers\\Couchbase\\CouchbaseProvider.cfc:397)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:220)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invokeUDF(CfJspPage.java:2659)\r\n\tat cfCouchbaseProvider2ecfc81393320$funcGETKEYS._factor0(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\model\\providers\\Couchbase\\CouchbaseProvider.cfc:346)\r\n\tat cfCouchbaseProvider2ecfc81393320$funcGETKEYS.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\model\\providers\\Couchbase\\CouchbaseProvider.cfc:344)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.SilentFilter.invoke(SilentFilter.java:47)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:220)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:655)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:444)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:414)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2432)\r\n\tat cfElementCleaner2ecfc2124049783$funcCLEARBYKEYSNIPPET.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\coldbox\\system\\cache\\util\\ElementCleaner.cfc:37)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.SilentFilter.invoke(SilentFilter.java:47)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:220)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:655)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:444)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:414)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2432)\r\n\tat cfCouchbaseProvider2ecfc81393320$funcCLEARBYKEYSNIPPET.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\model\\providers\\Couchbase\\CouchbaseProvider.cfc:798)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.SilentFilter.invoke(SilentFilter.java:47)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:518)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:660)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:469)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2373)\r\n\tat cfContentService2ecfc1527508918$funcCLEARALLCACHES.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\modules\\contentbox\\model\\content\\ContentService.cfc:58)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:518)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:660)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:469)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2373)\r\n\tat cfdashboard2ecfc1132477178$funcRELOAD.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\modules\\contentbox-admin\\handlers\\dashboard.cfc:174)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:518)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2381)\r\n\tat cfMixerUtil2ecfc1695995148$func$WBAOPINVOKEPROXY.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\coldbox\\system\\aop\\MixerUtil.cfc:40)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.SilentFilter.invoke(SilentFilter.java:47)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:518)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:660)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:469)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2373)\r\n\tat cfMethodInvocation2ecfc168849005$funcPROCEED.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\coldbox\\system\\aop\\MethodInvocation.cfc:139)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.SilentFilter.invoke(SilentFilter.java:47)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:220)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:655)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:444)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:414)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2432)\r\n\tat cfcronusLoggingAOP2ecfc394250133$funcINVOKEMETHOD.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\modules\\cronus-profiler\\aspects\\cronusLoggingAOP.cfc:24)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:220)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:655)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:444)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:414)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2432)\r\n\tat cfMethodInvocation2ecfc168849005$funcPROCEED.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\coldbox\\system\\aop\\MethodInvocation.cfc:135)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.SilentFilter.invoke(SilentFilter.java:47)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:220)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:655)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:444)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:414)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2432)\r\n\tat cf3b7661332de0b62d4bd62d8d292da1d7720820692ecfm101422958$funcRELOAD.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\coldbox\\system\\aop\\tmp\\3b766133-e0b6-4bd6-8d29-a1d772082069.cfm:14)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.SilentFilter.invoke(SilentFilter.java:47)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:518)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:660)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:469)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2373)\r\n\tat coldfusion.tagext.lang.InvokeTag.doEndTag(InvokeTag.java:402)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._emptyTcfTag(CfJspPage.java:2800)\r\n\tat cfController2ecfc1306850354$funcINVOKER.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\coldbox\\system\\web\\Controller.cfc:764)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.SilentFilter.invoke(SilentFilter.java:47)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:220)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invokeUDF(CfJspPage.java:2659)\r\n\tat cfController2ecfc1306850354$funcRUNEVENT.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\coldbox\\system\\web\\Controller.cfc:648)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.SilentFilter.invoke(SilentFilter.java:47)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:518)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:660)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:469)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2373)\r\n\tat cfColdbox2ecfc232480061$funcPROCESSCOLDBOXREQUEST.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\coldbox\\system\\Coldbox.cfc:236)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:220)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:655)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:444)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:414)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2432)\r\n\tat cfApplication2ecfc624837150$funcONREQUESTSTART.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\Application.cfc:101)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:472)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ReturnTypeFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:405)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod$ArgumentCollectionFilter.invoke(UDFMethod.java:368)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.FunctionAccessFilter.invoke(FunctionAccessFilter.java:55)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.runFilterChain(UDFMethod.java:321)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.UDFMethod.invoke(UDFMethod.java:220)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:655)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:444)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.TemplateProxy.invoke(TemplateProxy.java:414)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.AppEventInvoker.invoke(AppEventInvoker.java:108)\r\n\tat coldfusion.runtime.AppEventInvoker.onRequestStart(AppEventInvoker.java:278)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.ApplicationFilter.invoke(ApplicationFilter.java:417)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.RequestMonitorFilter.invoke(RequestMonitorFilter.java:48)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.MonitoringFilter.invoke(MonitoringFilter.java:40)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:112)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.LicenseFilter.invoke(LicenseFilter.java:30)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:94)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:38)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.NoCacheFilter.invoke(NoCacheFilter.java:58)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:38)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.CachingFilter.invoke(CachingFilter.java:62)\r\n\tat coldfusion.filter.RequestThrottleFilter.invoke(RequestThrottleFilter.java:151)\r\n\tat coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:219)\r\n\tat coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapServlet.service(BootstrapServlet.java:89)\r\n\tat org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)\r\n\tat org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)\r\n\tat coldfusion.monitor.event.MonitoringServletFilter.doFilter(MonitoringServletFilter.java:42)\r\n\tat coldfusion.bootstrap.BootstrapFilter.doFilter(BootstrapFilter.java:46)\r\n\tat org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)\r\n\tat org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)\r\n\tat org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:224)\r\n\tat org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:169)\r\n\tat org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:472)\r\n\tat org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:168)\r\n\tat org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:98)\r\n\tat org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:928)\r\n\tat org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)\r\n\tat org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:414)\r\n\tat org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpProcessor.process(AjpProcessor.java:204)\r\n\tat org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:539)\r\n\tat org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:298)\r\n\tat java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)\r\n\tat java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)\r\n\tat java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)\r\n","Suppressed":[],"Type":"com.couchbase.client.protocol.views.InvalidViewException","TagContext":[{"RAW_TRACE":"\tat cfCouchbaseProvider2ecfc81393320$funcENSUREVIEWEXISTS.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\model\\providers\\Couchbase\\CouchbaseProvider.cfc:397)","ID":"CF_STRUCTBEAN","TEMPLATE":"D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\model\\providers\\Couchbase\\CouchbaseProvider.cfc","LINE":397,"TYPE":"CFML","COLUMN":0},{"RAW_TRACE":"\tat cfCouchbaseProvider2ecfc81393320$funcGETKEYS._factor0(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\model\\providers\\Couchbase\\CouchbaseProvider.cfc:346)","ID":"CF_UDFMETHOD","TEMPLATE":"D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\model\\providers\\Couchbase\\CouchbaseProvider.cfc","LINE":346,"TYPE":"CFML","COLUMN":0},{"RAW_TRACE":"\tat cfCouchbaseProvider2ecfc81393320$funcGETKEYS.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\model\\providers\\Couchbase\\CouchbaseProvider.cfc:344)","ID":"CF_COUCHBASEPROVIDER","TEMPLATE":"D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\model\\providers\\Couchbase\\CouchbaseProvider.cfc","LINE":344,"TYPE":"CFML","COLUMN":0},{"RAW_TRACE":"\tat cfElementCleaner2ecfc2124049783$funcCLEARBYKEYSNIPPET.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\coldbox\\system\\cache\\util\\ElementCleaner.cfc:37)","ID":"CF_TEMPLATEPROXY","TEMPLATE":"D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\coldbox\\system\\cache\\util\\ElementCleaner.cfc","LINE":37,"TYPE":"CFML","COLUMN":0},{"RAW_TRACE":"\tat cfCouchbaseProvider2ecfc81393320$funcCLEARBYKEYSNIPPET.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\model\\providers\\Couchbase\\CouchbaseProvider.cfc:798)","ID":"CF_TEMPLATEPROXY","TEMPLATE":"D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\model\\providers\\Couchbase\\CouchbaseProvider.cfc","LINE":798,"TYPE":"CFML","COLUMN":0},{"RAW_TRACE":"\tat cfContentService2ecfc1527508918$funcCLEARALLCACHES.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\modules\\contentbox\\model\\content\\ContentService.cfc:58)","ID":"CF_TEMPLATEPROXY","TEMPLATE":"D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\modules\\contentbox\\model\\content\\ContentService.cfc","LINE":58,"TYPE":"CFML","COLUMN":0},{"RAW_TRACE":"\tat cfdashboard2ecfc1132477178$funcRELOAD.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\modules\\contentbox-admin\\handlers\\dashboard.cfc:174)","ID":"CF_TEMPLATEPROXY","TEMPLATE":"D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\modules\\contentbox-admin\\handlers\\dashboard.cfc","LINE":174,"TYPE":"CFML","COLUMN":0},{"RAW_TRACE":"\tat cfMixerUtil2ecfc1695995148$func$WBAOPINVOKEPROXY.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\coldbox\\system\\aop\\MixerUtil.cfc:40)","ID":"CF_UDFMETHOD","TEMPLATE":"D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\coldbox\\system\\aop\\MixerUtil.cfc","LINE":40,"TYPE":"CFML","COLUMN":0},{"RAW_TRACE":"\tat cfMethodInvocation2ecfc168849005$funcPROCEED.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\coldbox\\system\\aop\\MethodInvocation.cfc:139)","ID":"CF_TEMPLATEPROXY","TEMPLATE":"D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\coldbox\\system\\aop\\MethodInvocation.cfc","LINE":139,"TYPE":"CFML","COLUMN":0},{"RAW_TRACE":"\tat cfcronusLoggingAOP2ecfc394250133$funcINVOKEMETHOD.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\modules\\cronus-profiler\\aspects\\cronusLoggingAOP.cfc:24)","ID":"CF_TEMPLATEPROXY","TEMPLATE":"D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\modules\\cronus-profiler\\aspects\\cronusLoggingAOP.cfc","LINE":24,"TYPE":"CFML","COLUMN":0},{"RAW_TRACE":"\tat cfMethodInvocation2ecfc168849005$funcPROCEED.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\coldbox\\system\\aop\\MethodInvocation.cfc:135)","ID":"CF_TEMPLATEPROXY","TEMPLATE":"D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\coldbox\\system\\aop\\MethodInvocation.cfc","LINE":135,"TYPE":"CFML","COLUMN":0},{"RAW_TRACE":"\tat cf3b7661332de0b62d4bd62d8d292da1d7720820692ecfm101422958$funcRELOAD.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\coldbox\\system\\aop\\tmp\\3b766133-e0b6-4bd6-8d29-a1d772082069.cfm:14)","ID":"CF_TEMPLATEPROXY","TEMPLATE":"D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\coldbox\\system\\aop\\tmp\\3b766133-e0b6-4bd6-8d29-a1d772082069.cfm","LINE":14,"TYPE":"CFML","COLUMN":0},{"RAW_TRACE":"\tat cfController2ecfc1306850354$funcINVOKER.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\coldbox\\system\\web\\Controller.cfc:764)","ID":"CFINVOKE","TEMPLATE":"D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\coldbox\\system\\web\\Controller.cfc","LINE":764,"TYPE":"CFML","COLUMN":0},{"RAW_TRACE":"\tat cfController2ecfc1306850354$funcRUNEVENT.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\coldbox\\system\\web\\Controller.cfc:648)","ID":"CF_UDFMETHOD","TEMPLATE":"D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\coldbox\\system\\web\\Controller.cfc","LINE":648,"TYPE":"CFML","COLUMN":0},{"RAW_TRACE":"\tat cfColdbox2ecfc232480061$funcPROCESSCOLDBOXREQUEST.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\coldbox\\system\\Coldbox.cfc:236)","ID":"CF_TEMPLATEPROXY","TEMPLATE":"D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\coldbox\\system\\Coldbox.cfc","LINE":236,"TYPE":"CFML","COLUMN":0},{"RAW_TRACE":"\tat cfApplication2ecfc624837150$funcONREQUESTSTART.runFunction(D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\Application.cfc:101)","ID":"CF_TEMPLATEPROXY","TEMPLATE":"D:\\Projects\\ColdFusion\\ContentBox\\Application.cfc","LINE":101,"TYPE":"CFML","COLUMN":0}]}

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/

Andrew Scott

Nov 15, 2013, 6:29:14 AM11/15/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Brad, do you know why this error happens in ColdFusion? All works in Content Express.

Could not load design document "CacheBox_allKeys

all works in ContentExpress though.

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/

br...@bradwood.com

Nov 15, 2013, 1:08:02 PM11/15/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
In order to be able to query out a list of keys in Couchbase, the provider code creates a Couchbase view on-the-fly that returns all the keys in the cache. Views exist in what's called a "design document".  (which can contain multiple views).  The code checks to see if the design document and view exist and it not, it creates them on-the-fly for you.  Creating views programmatically in Couchbase is a bit sticky, so what I do is create it, then try to access it in a loop for a bit until it becomes available.  (everything's asynch)  If the code gives up and isn't able to access the view it just created, it throws that error.

The last time I saw that message, it turned out to be an issue with ports not being open.  Couchbase uses a number of ports to connect from the client to the server, and the creation and querying of views uses a different port than other operations.  You'll need to check all your logs and look for clues.  The underlying Java libraries use Log4J and log to whatever log files the servlet container is pointed to.  Unfortunately I can't redirect or capture any of these logs as they happen at the java level.  If I recall, the last time I saw this error I figured it out when I saw log entries complaining about timeouts on port 8092.  Since Couchbase log entries can pop up in a number of different log files, (out, err, console) I'll watch the log directories sorted by date modified descending and see what files are being modified as the error occurs.   Sometimes errors get logged multiple times, so make sure you scroll up a bit to catch any information logged in the last minute or so.

If there's any network firewalls between your CF/Java client and Couchbase, make sure the proper ports are open.  To see the proper ports go here: http://docs.couchbase.com/couchbase-manual-2.0/ and search for a header called "Network Ports" down the page a bit.

Andrew Scott

Nov 15, 2013, 1:14:14 PM11/15/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Actually ColdFusion doesn't like the java object being caught, when I changed that to any it all started working.

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/

br...@bradwood.com

Nov 15, 2013, 1:25:31 PM11/15/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Can you show me the code you changed?

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox Platform Evangelist
Ortus Solutions, Corp

E-mail: br...@coldbox.org
ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org
Blog: http://www.codersrevolution.com

Nov 15, 2013, 2:06:25 PM11/15/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Interesting, the reason i didn't do "any" was so other general network errors, etc would still get thrown.  I only wanted to catch errors creating the view.  I wonder if there is a difference between how Railo and Adobe CF presents the Java error.  What was the type of the error being thrown for you?  The part that had to match 'com.couchbase.client.protocol.views.InvalidViewException'

br...@bradwood.com

Nov 15, 2013, 2:29:36 PM11/15/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Also Andrew, I just ran across another scenario where the "The class must not be an interface or an abstract class" error had nothing to do with missing dependencies, but rather a misspelled bucket name.  The reason is that ANY errors in a java constructor for a Java class will result in that message.

The CF message thrown from the CacheBox Couchbase provider was this:
cfc.com.coldbox.couchbase.CouchbaseColdboxProvider
There was an error connecting to the Couchbase server. Config: {"BUCKET":"CAfgER","OPTIMEOUT":5000,"OBJECTDEFAULTTIMEOUT":15,"SERVERS":["http:\/\/servername:8091\/pools"],"OPQUEUEMAXBLOCKTIME":5000,"TIMEOUTEXCEPTIONTHRESHOLD":5000,"USERNAME":"","IGNORECOUCHBASETIMEOUTS":true,"PASSWORD":"pass","JARPATH":"C:\\etc\\coldbox\\couchbase\\jars\/"}: Object instantiation exception. An exception occurred while instantiating a Java object. The class must not be an interface or an abstract class. Error: ''.

However, when looked in my coldfusion-error.log, the actual error is below.  As you can see, the constructor for the Java class that was being created threw a java.lang.NullPointerException, that was rethrown as a java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException, and was rethrown as a coldfusion.runtime.java.JavaObjectInstantiationException.  This was rethrown to the ColdFusion front end as Object instantiation exception. An exception occurred while instantiating a Java object. The class must not be an interface or an abstract class.

All I needed to do was fix the spelling of my Couchbase bucket and the error went away.  There was never any issues with jar files or dependencies.

2013-11-15 12:46:51.656 WARN com.couchbase.client.vbucket.ConfigurationProviderHTTP: Connection problems with URI http://servername:8091/pools ...skipping

java.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 401 for URL: http://serverName:8091/pools
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1625)
at com.couchbase.client.vbucket.ConfigurationProviderHTTP.readToString(ConfigurationProviderHTTP.java:417)
at com.couchbase.client.vbucket.ConfigurationProviderHTTP.readPools(ConfigurationProviderHTTP.java:210)
at com.couchbase.client.vbucket.ConfigurationProviderHTTP.getBucketConfiguration(ConfigurationProviderHTTP.java:147)
at com.couchbase.client.CouchbaseConnectionFactory.getVBucketConfig(CouchbaseConnectionFactory.java:231)
at com.couchbase.client.CouchbaseClient.<init>(CouchbaseClient.java:237)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525)
at coldfusion.runtime.java.JavaProxy.CreateObject(JavaProxy.java:166)
at coldfusion.runtime.java.JavaProxy.invoke(JavaProxy.java:80)
at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._invoke(CfJspPage.java:2432)
at cfCouchbaseProvider2ecfc535528278$funcCONFIGURE.runFunction(C:\etc\couchbase\CouchbaseProvider.cfc:246)

...etc...

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525)
at coldfusion.runtime.java.JavaProxy.CreateObject(JavaProxy.java:166)
... 165 more
at com.couchbase.client.vbucket.ConfigurationProviderHTTP.getBucketConfiguration(ConfigurationProviderHTTP.java:148)
at com.couchbase.client.CouchbaseConnectionFactory.getVBucketConfig(CouchbaseConnectionFactory.java:231)
at com.couchbase.client.CouchbaseClient.<init>(CouchbaseClient.java:237)
... 170 more

Thanks!

~Brad

ColdBox Platform Evangelist
Ortus Solutions, Corp

E-mail: br...@coldbox.org
ColdBox Platform: http://www.coldbox.org
Blog: http://www.codersrevolution.com

Nov 15, 2013, 3:00:15 PM11/15/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
I am not sure what the error was, it was posted a few posts ago. Something about no keys.

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/

Andrew Scott

Nov 15, 2013, 3:01:43 PM11/15/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Yeah thats where I had to go looking as well for the actual error, strange that Railo can display it right.... Well maybe not strange, it is Adobe after all :-)

Regards,
Andrew Scott
WebSite: http://www.andyscott.id.au/

br...@bradwood.com

Nov 15, 2013, 3:11:02 PM11/15/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Well, I've found Adobe and Railo both have quirks.  This bug in particular makes debugging issues with our Railo Couchbase extension a lot harder:

br...@bradwood.com

Nov 15, 2013, 3:20:43 PM11/15/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I think this is an Adobe CF and Railo difference.  The "type" of the Java exception that gets thrown from the Couchbase libraries is "com.couchbase.client.protocol.views.InvalidViewException'

Railo will allow me to catch that specifically with this:

catch('com.couchbase.client.protocol.views.InvalidViewException' e) {}

But Adobe CF won't do it.  The official docs on cfcatch say:

The custom_type type is a developer-defined type specified in a cfthrow tag. If you define a custom type as a series of strings concatenated by periods (for example,"MyApp.BusinessRuleException.InvalidAccount"), ColdFusion can catch the custom type by its character pattern. ColdFusion searches for a cfcatch tag in the cftry block with a matching exception type, starting with the most specific (the entire string), and ending with the least specific.

I think I may put in a ticket for this since it's a darn useful feature and Railo seems to work.  I've been on Adobe CF, but with the same Couchbase server and since I tested on Railo first, the view had already been created so the error was never being thrown for me.

I think for now I'll have to change the library to catch "any" like you did.

Andrew Scott

Nov 15, 2013, 4:18:08 PM11/15/13
to col...@googlegroups.com
I have to agree, many times I have tried to do that myself... So if there is a bug # I will vote for it as well.