Swans in Canon City, Fremont Co.

mille...@aol.com

Dec 11, 2012, 5:54:08 PM12/11/12
to cob...@googlegroups.com
This afternoon there were seven (plus one) swans a-swimming in the east Valco Pond on MacKenzie Ave.  I believe they all were Tundra Swans.  Most but not all had the yellow lore spot.  A second opinion on these would be welcomed (if they stick around.)

Rich Miller
Canon City

Nancy Rynes

Dec 11, 2012, 7:22:46 PM12/11/12
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Rich - Sounds like it might be the group that has been hanging around Boulder until the recent cold weather hit. Is one of them banded?  Photos of the Boulder swans here:

Some had the yellow lore spot, a few had a very very faint spot and Trumpeter-like characteristics, although all were Tundras.

I'm glad to find out where they flew off to!

Nancy Rynes
Lafayette, CO

Christian Nunes

Dec 11, 2012, 7:27:57 PM12/11/12
to CObirds List
There were still several swans on Baseline around mid-day today when I drove by.

Christian Nunes
Boulder, CO
paja...@hotmail.com

Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 16:22:46 -0800
From: nancy...@live.com
To: cob...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [cobirds] Re: Swans in Canon City, Fremont Co.

Nancy Rynes

Dec 11, 2012, 7:40:22 PM12/11/12
to cob...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Christian! I hadn't checked on the Boulder swans today so perhaps this is a different group in CC.

Rich - if you have a chance to check to see if there is a banded bird (large adult, male, U856), please let me know. I also may be down in that area this weekend so could give a second opinion or take pics if needed.

Nancy Rynes