Re: [celery-users] Help in "selling" Celery

Ask Solem

Oct 12, 2012, 9:34:44 AM10/12/12
to celery...@googlegroups.com

On 11 Oct 2012, at 22:20, Miki Tebeka <miki....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> We're evaluating several frameworks at work and one of the leading candidates is Celery.
> Is there material out there that will help me "sell" Celery?
>
> I'm mostly looking for project stability, big companies using it (other than what's in the wiki), support ...
> But anything else that will help is highly appreciated.

My policy is that it's up to the companies to reveal what they are using,
and the wiki is a place where they can do so, but I fear that most people
aren't even aware of it.

I don't have an overview of who is using it, but there are many.
You can search for job listings mentioning Celery.
I've seen Amazon, Ebay and JP Morgan Chase and many others, but I have no idea
if and if so, what they're using it for.

Being a popular tool there are many people skilled in using it,
and commercial support is available (just contact me).

--
Ask Solem
twitter.com/asksol | +44 (0)7713357179

Miki Tebeka

Oct 12, 2012, 9:56:34 AM10/12/12
to celery...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

Harel Malka

Oct 12, 2012, 9:59:08 AM10/12/12
to celery...@googlegroups.com
I can't divulge too many details but I can tell you I'm running a celery salad (with a rabbitmq queue) here hitting APIs and lifting heavy things to the amount of 4-5 million requests a day without breaking a sweat. So far the problems we encountered were our own fault and not celery's.
Harel

Harel Malka
Software Architect & Developer
http://www.harelmalka.com