prepend-top and append-bottom

George Cumming

Sep 14, 2011, 6:27:55 PM9/14/11
to Blueprint CSS
Hi,

Is it possible to use either prepend-top or append-bottom in multiples?
I assume that it would be easy enough to rewrite the css but what about
just using multiples without rewriting the css like the span and append
classes? I suppose that you could also nest divs but that gets real ugly
looking. In any case, I do want to thank everyone for Blueprint. I've
been using it for over 5 years now and wouldn't do a website any other way.

Thanks all,

-George

Franz Josef Kaiser

Sep 19, 2011, 11:54:14 AM9/19/11
to bluepr...@googlegroups.com
Sry, but it's hard to understand your Q. What are - in your case - "multiples"? And what do you want to do with the append-/prepend- classes? Could you pls provide a test case (see download folder) and attach it here or link a paste?

George Cumming

Sep 19, 2011, 1:06:22 PM9/19/11
to bluepr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

If you use prepend-top or append-bottom to add vertical space, it does so as a certain fixed amount of space. I would like to use larger amounts of space in the same manner but in multiples of the original.
I obviously could write tailor made versions of the original Blueprint code below.

div.prepend-top, .prepend-top {margin-top:1.5em;}
div.append-bottom, .append-bottom {margin-bottom:1.5em;}

I was just wondering if there was another way to achieve this, just like the span divs do like

.span-1 {width:30px;}
.span-2 {width:70px;}
.span-3 {width:110px;}
Does anyone think that this would be a worthwhile to Blueprint?

George

On 9/19/2011 11:54 AM, Franz Josef Kaiser wrote:
Sry, but it's hard to understand your Q. What are - in your case - "multiples"? And what do you want to do with the append-/prepend- classes? Could you pls provide a test case (see download folder) and attach it here or link a paste? --
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Blueprint CSS" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/blueprintcss/-/Xf5IaC41MyAJ.

George M.A. Cumming Jr.

Kevin A. Cameron

Sep 19, 2011, 1:13:16 PM9/19/11
to bluepr...@googlegroups.com
This was my solution to that problem.

Kevin

BBunny

May 3, 2012, 2:32:59 AM5/3/12
to bluepr...@googlegroups.com
Kevin, I like this idea very much. Could you clarify one thing for me? By "gutter size," I'm assuming you mean the margin between columns. Is that correct? The standard BP margin is a right margin of 10px, but your values seem to be based on a gutter of 20px. For example, mr-100 and pr-100 assign a right margin and right padding of 20px, respectively. If the "100" represents a percentage of the BP screen.css values, it would seem mr-100 and pr-100 should be 10px (100% of the 10px gutter). Am I missing something here? Also, the instructions say to see the ReadMe file for additional instructions, but my download included no ReadMe file, just the css file.