BigBlueButton 0.9.0 Released

Fred Dixon

Apr 30, 2015, 8:56:40 AM4/30/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
Two weeks ago we delivered a release candidate (RC).  See

Previous to the delivery of RC, this release underwent over five months of extensive beta testing with educational institutions, commercial companies, and the BigBlueButton community at-large.

Following our development process, the release candidate has been available for two weeks.  No issues have been found to require further updates.  (We were pretty sure we had a final release in hand given the extensive testing).

Therefore, we've changed the label '0.9.0-RC' to '0.9.0'.

BigBlueButton 0.9.0 is released.

Enjoy!

See

for information on installation/upgrade of BigBlueButton and all other technical documentation related to this release.

Regards,... Fred

--
BigBlueButton Developer
BigBlueButton on twitter: @bigbluebutton

brunoBR

Apr 30, 2015, 9:43:14 AM4/30/15
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Great stuff!! Congratulations on the effort devs! Loving the WebRTC audio and on demand recording!

Do you have release date in mind for 1.0 yet? ...just kidding! =)

Fred Dixon

Apr 30, 2015, 10:22:31 AM4/30/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Bruno,

> Do you have release date in mind for 1.0 yet? ...just kidding! =)

:-)

Regards,... Fred

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 9:43 AM, brunoBR <brun...@gmail.com> wrote:
Great stuff!! Congratulations on the effort devs! Loving the WebRTC audio and on demand recording!

Do you have release date in mind for 1.0 yet? ...just kidding! =)

Jenny

Apr 30, 2015, 1:17:55 PM4/30/15
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
AWESOME job, thank you so much for all the hard work put into this project.

Paul

Apr 30, 2015, 9:00:44 PM4/30/15
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Amazing!
Really Great!
Thank You ALL.

2015년 4월 30일 목요일 오후 9시 56분 40초 UTC+9, Fred Dixon 님의 말:

Patrick Joschi

May 1, 2015, 11:58:32 PM5/1/15
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
This is great news! Even if I can't use bbb without an html5 client I thank all devs and testers for their hard work and dedication.

Kind regards

Fred Dixon

May 2, 2015, 12:50:30 AM5/2/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
> Even if I can't use bbb without an html5 client

That may change soon :-).  We're working on releasing a developer build of the HTML5 client.

Stay tuned!

Regards,... Fred

On Fri, May 1, 2015 at 8:58 PM, Patrick Joschi <josch...@googlemail.com> wrote:
This is great news! Even if I can't use bbb without an html5 client I thank all devs and testers for their hard work and dedication.

Kind regards

nekapoor

May 2, 2015, 7:22:29 PM5/2/15
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations! This is so awesome!

With the updates in audio/video and everything, we're using BBB at our non-profit to bring 1-on-1 tutoring to hundreds of homeless students and otherwise underserved youth every week. So thank you!

Fred Dixon

May 2, 2015, 8:16:31 PM5/2/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Nekapoor,

> With the updates in audio/video and everything, we're
> using BBB at our non-profit to bring 1-on-1 tutoring
> to hundreds of homeless students and otherwise
> underserved youth every week. So thank you!

That's great!!

Would anyone else like to share how they are using BigBlueButton to provide students a high-quality on-line learning experience?

Regards,... Fred

Heru Minandar

May 3, 2015, 12:29:31 PM5/3/15
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Can I use this repo link https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton for developing environment on bigbluebutton 0.8.0  server ? *urgent*

Fred Dixon

May 3, 2015, 4:10:27 PM5/3/15
to BigBlueButton-dev
Hi Heru,

BigBlueButton 0.8.0 was released on June 18, 2012 -- that's almost three years ago.  The project has advanced quite far along.

Is it an option for you to use BigBlueButton 0.9.0?

Regards,... Fred

On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 9:29 AM, Heru Minandar <hmin...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can I use this repo link https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton for developing environment on bigbluebutton 0.8.0  server ? *urgent*

Heru Minandar

May 3, 2015, 8:06:50 PM5/3/15
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Fred,
But now I just have ubuntu 10.04 64bits and was success install BigBlueButton 0.8.0 on it, maybe next month I can have Ubuntu 14.04 64bits, so I need to try for developing environment BBB 0.8.0, can you provide me the repo for that?

Best Rgds,
Heru

Brian Huang

May 3, 2015, 11:22:57 PM5/3/15
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Great!
Waiting for the HTML5 client.
An issue about Chinese character. I can't type in Chinese words onto the presentation slides. However, IM works well.
My environment: Ubuntu 14.04 Firefox 37.0.1

Chad Pilkey

May 4, 2015, 10:22:48 AM5/4/15
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
The tag for the 0.8.0 source can be found here, https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton/tree/v0.8.

Chad Pilkey

May 4, 2015, 10:25:53 AM5/4/15
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Brian,

You might be running into this issue here, https://github.com/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton/tree/v0.8

Chad Pilkey

May 4, 2015, 10:26:19 AM5/4/15
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, the correct link for the issue is here, https://code.google.com/p/bigbluebutton/issues/detail?id=1930

Brian Huang

May 5, 2015, 9:00:54 PM5/5/15
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
It is ok to type in the IM area but not the whiteboard. However, displaying Chinese is ok on the whiteboard.
Please refer to the attached screenshot. Is it still an IME issue?

cannot-type-in-Chinese-on-the-whiteboard-20150506T0857.png

Brian Huang

May 5, 2015, 10:17:47 PM5/5/15
to bigblueb...@googlegroups.com
I installed PepperFlash on Chromium and no Chinese on both IM and whiteboard. At least Firefox works on IM.