GCC 4.8

boulay....@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2015, 2:27:39 PM6/23/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On my Beagle Board Black, I have GCC 4.6. With I try to update it with GCC version using this command:
sudo apt-get install gcc

It seems that I have the latest version available of GCC.

Is it possible to install GCC 4.8? and how?

Im on Debian 7.7 (default linux installed on my board)

Thanks!
Patrick

Robert Nelson

Jun 23, 2015, 2:53:04 PM6/23/15
to Beagle Board
On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 1:16 PM, <boulay....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On my Beagle Board Black, I have GCC 4.6. With I try to update it with GCC
> version using this command:
>
> sudo apt-get install gcc
>
> It seems that I have the latest version available of GCC.
>
> Is it possible to install GCC 4.8? and how?

sudo apt-get install gcc-4.8

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
https://rcn-ee.com/

Robert Nelson

Jun 23, 2015, 3:02:23 PM6/23/15
to Beagle Board
On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 1:52 PM, Robert Nelson <robert...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 1:16 PM, <boulay....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On my Beagle Board Black, I have GCC 4.6. With I try to update it with GCC
>> version using this command:
>>
>> sudo apt-get install gcc
>>
>> It seems that I have the latest version available of GCC.
>>
>> Is it possible to install GCC 4.8? and how?
>
> sudo apt-get install gcc-4.8

nm, gcc-4.8 never hit wheezy... Upgrade to jessie:

http://elinux.org/Beagleboard:BeagleBoneBlack_Debian#Debian_Image_Testing_Snapshots

boulay....@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2015, 9:16:30 AM6/25/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Is it possible to have GCC 4.8 on my BeagleBone Black? I have the Debian distribution and I try those 2 commands it's not working
sudo apt-get install gcc (gcc is already the newest version)  ==> My current GCC version is 4.6.x
sudo apt-get install gcc-4.8 (unable to locate package)

Anyone know how to do it?

Thanks
Patrick

Robert Nelson

Jun 25, 2015, 9:24:53 AM6/25/15
to Beagle Board, boulay....@gmail.com

boulay....@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2015, 1:27:14 PM6/25/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com, boulay....@gmail.com
oh sorry thanks, I was not able to find my post. I thought I forgot to send my first message.
Ok, I will try, thanks a lot!