Add a new cape for BeagleBone

Pascal FIFRE

May 15, 2015, 1:56:37 PM5/15/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I want to add the my new cape (IOTCape) for BeagleBone to BeagleBone capes site.

I’ve created a wiki page http://elinux.org/User:IOTCape  based on the  http://elinux.org/CircuitCo:BeagleBone_LCD3 wiki page.

Attached to this mail you will find :

·         A user manual of this new cape.

·         DTS file for cape

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best Regards,

Pascal FIFRE

IOTYS

43, Garenne Poull ar Rouz

22300 LANNION

www.iotys.com

IOTCape_UserManual_20150314_01_00.pdf
BB-IOTCape.dts

Gerald Coley

May 15, 2015, 3:47:07 PM5/15/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
The forum is not the place to ask for help on this. If you read the page you will find the following:

If you have a cape that will be in production or able to be purchased and you would like it listed here, please create a wiki page for your cape on eLinux.org and contact sup...@circuitco.com with the link. We will add your cape to this registry page. You can use http://elinux.org/CircuitCo:BeagleBone_LCD3 as a template (to view the wikitext go to the link and click on the "View Source" or "Edit" tab on the top right corner). Also, submit any patches to the kernel, including .dts files for your cape, to the BeagleBoard group/mailing list.

Note: if you don't have a eLinux.org account, you will need to create one in order to create or edit a wiki page. Note: if you have any question related to a particular cape, please contact the designer of that cape. For other questions regarding this page, please contact us at sup...@circuitco.com

If you can, please follow the process.

Gerald

Pascal FIFRE

May 17, 2015, 2:19:13 PM5/17/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Yesterday, I’ve told you that I‘ve created a wiki page for my new cape IOTCape.

I’ve changed this wiki page to http://elinux.org/IOTYS:IOTCape.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best Regards,

Pascal

Pascal FIFRE

IOTYS

43, Garenne Poull ar Rouz

22300 LANNION

www.iotys.com

May 17, 2015, 3:07:00 PM5/17/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Just a note for you.
Selling this in the USA requires you to get FCC approval.
It also requires you to get approval from the cell phone providers.
Its NOT cheap for approval.

William Hermans

May 17, 2015, 3:41:22 PM5/17/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Well somewhere in user manual it states something like "lab / experimentation use only . . ." Which i thought was odd in of its self anyhow. I wont be buying one.

Pascal FIFRE

May 18, 2015, 1:28:15 PM5/18/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Did you receive my mail ?

Best regards,

Pascal

Pascal FIFRE

IOTYS

43, Garenne Poull ar Rouz

22300 LANNION

www.iotys.com

May 19, 2015, 10:04:31 AM5/19/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
That's mean that all the capes appear on the wiki site have FCC approval and CE approval for European Country?

pascal...@gmail.com

May 19, 2015, 10:04:32 AM5/19/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
I apologize for my poor english. I admit that may sound strange. But, I would say that the capes are used to make prototypes and not a final product (consumer or industrial market). I will modify this in the manual.

evilwulfie

May 19, 2015, 10:21:49 AM5/19/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
when ever you connect a device to the cellular network in the USA they the network operators require you to get your device certified.
 http://www.ecnmag.com/articles/2012/07/cellular-carrier-certification-requirements

pascal...@gmail.com

May 19, 2015, 2:12:22 PM5/19/15
to beagl...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I know of course, I'm working in consulting for the biggest Telco in France (who have already bought some IOTCape).
We have the same requirements for Europe and all the countries in the world have the same.

But, my cape doesn't provide natively a modem. It provides a MiniPcie connector.
I suggest the use of some modems that work and have been tested on it.
All of these modems have been certified for the US (the manufacturers are Sierra wireless, Huawei and Telit).

Regards,

Pascal