help with parents name in porto formoso

Amy Francis

Jan 23, 2016, 12:03:38 PM1/23/16
to Azores Genealogy
I found a marriage record that I am having trouble reading one of the parent's name.

It is the bride's (Eugenia Rosa)  mother that is difficult -

I have the father as manoel de souza santo - and mother as anna ???

bottom left 14th line down - marriage of manoel pememtel and eugenia rosa

I think I may have found Eugenia's parents marriage here - Manoel de souza and anna - but still cannot read her last name,,,does it look like this couple?

bottom right

Thank you!

Amy

JR

Jan 23, 2016, 1:40:49 PM1/23/16
to Azores Genealogy
I think you have most of it correct. The name looks like Viveiros.

PF, April 21- 1763, Manoel da Sylva Pimentel filho de Joam da Sylva Fajoeira ja defunto e Maria de Pimentel com Eugenia Roza filha de Manoel de Souza Santo e Anna de Viveiros? baptizados nesta dita parochial...

PF- March 16- 1727, Manoel de Souza filho de Sebastiao de Souza ja defunto e Luzia? Pachequa natural de lugar de Maya ...onde contrahente foi baptizado com Anna de Viveiros filha de Sylvestre de Viveiros e de Maria Ferreyra ja defunta moradores neste lugar de Porto Formozo ...onde foi baptizada...

JR

Sandra Perez

Jan 23, 2016, 1:42:33 PM1/23/16
to Azores Genealogy Google Group
Amy, I see Manoel de Silva Pemental fo Joam de Silva and Maria de Pemental married Eugenia Rosa fa Manoel de Sousa de Santo and Anna
de Viveiros?  I am goiing to check my files because I have looked at Eugenia's birth record before and had trouble with it.

Sandra

--
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
---

Sandra Perez

Sandra Perez

Jan 23, 2016, 1:44:17 PM1/23/16
to Azores Genealogy Google Group
Amy, I meant to say I have seen marriage of Eugenia's parents before.
--
Sandra Perez

Amy Francis

Jan 23, 2016, 1:44:34 PM1/23/16
to Azores Genealogy
Thank you so much for looking at both records and helping.  Great help!
Amy

Amy Francis

Jan 23, 2016, 1:47:33 PM1/23/16
to Azores Genealogy
Thank you!

Sandra Perez

Jan 23, 2016, 2:01:10 PM1/23/16
to Azores Genealogy Google Group
Amy, I was looking for the birth of Francisco de Sousa de Viveiros fo Manoel de Sousa da Costa and Catharina de Viveiros in NS da Graca, Porto Formoso--still have not found it. My Catharina may be a sister to your Anna.
--
Sandra Perez

Eliseu Pacheco da Silva

Jan 23, 2016, 3:57:43 PM1/23/16
to azo...@googlegroups.com

I think you are wright JR. I think this is the right marriage for Eugénia parents J

Muito Obrigado,

Eliseu Pacheco da Silva

Azores (S. Miguel, Graciosa, Faial); Mainland (Alentejo)

(http://gw.geneanet.org/eliseumanuel?lang=en)

JR

Jan 23, 2016, 4:42:27 PM1/23/16
to Azores Genealogy
Who is your ancestor that leads to Catarina Viveiros and Manuel de Sousa Costa? Their names and marriage date? Yes, Anna Viveiros is the sister of Catarina Viveiros, Francisca Viveiros and Barbara Viveiros, all children of Silvestre de Viveiros and Maria Ferreira said to be natives of Porto Formoso. Records are sketchy in this time period. Silvestre Viveiros cc Maria Ferreira probably about 1696 or thereabouts. Silvestre married a second time to Barbara Carneiro in Fenais da Ajuda, Nov- 1714.

 I think Silvestre may have married Maria Ferreira in Fenais da Ajuda also, but those records are torn, missing or unreadable.

JR

Sandra Perez

Jan 23, 2016, 7:43:27 PM1/23/16
to Azores Genealogy Google Group
JR,  Francisco de Sousa de Viveiros ans Josepha Maria Rosa Botelha are my 5th great-grandparents--right side.

http://culturacores.azores.gov.pt/biblioteca_digital/SMG-PD-SAOROQUE-C-1749-1766/SMG-PD-SAOROQUE-C-1749-1766_item1/P118.html

Sandra