Re: Fw: //groups.google.com/group/android-x86/browse_thread/thread/042d236c9c6b9e0b#

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 1, 2013, 11:15:47 PM1/1/13
to chrs...@google.com, rbg.h...@comcast.net, Yi Sun, Android-x86
Hi Chris & Dick,
Thank you very much to solve the issue quickly.

I do see the reasons to scan projects hosted
in google code to ensure it only serves
open source projects. :)
However, the way should be more modest and polite.
For example, notify the project admin what rules are
violated and give them a chance to explain and fix
before just ban it.
So far we didn't receive any notification from Google.
We only got many complaints from our users that
they cannot download the files.

Android-x86 does NOT use Google code to release
our source code. We use our own git server
http://git.android-x86.org because of historical reasons.
When we began the project three years ago,
Google code didn't offer git repo yet.
So we have to set up our own server to
release the source code.

I know Google code offers git repo now.
If release code via Google code is a must,
I'll try it in the near future.

Regards,

--
Chih-Wei
Android-x86 project

issor...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2013, 5:34:04 AM1/2/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com, chrs...@google.com, rbg.h...@comcast.net, Yi Sun
Great,

from the words of Chris Smith the project is unbanned, but it may not be whitelisted.
It is cautious to put at least some files in the specific http://code.google.com/p/android-x86/source/list directory.

In this way you will at least avoid that check of the °robokiller" of Google Projects.

Mauro

Message has been deleted

Chih-Wei Huang

Jan 30, 2013, 1:04:00 PM1/30/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
2013/1/29 Gert Otten <gertot...@gmail.com>:
> Hello, Chih-Wei Huang.
> I saw you had some problems with your server.
> I can offer you a server.
> All for free!!!
> You don't have to pay me.
> Almost forgot say, my name is Gert Otten.
> If you want my server, i can help you, mail me @: gertot...@gmail.com

Thank you very much for the offer.
Then how can I use it?

Gert Otten

Jan 30, 2013, 4:00:22 PM1/30/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com

So you want the server?

Op 30 jan. 2013 18:51 schreef "Gert Otten" <gertot...@gmail.com> het volgende:
Hello, Chih-Wei Huang.
I saw you had some problems with your server.
I can offer you a server.
All for free!!!
You don't have to pay me.
Almost forgot say, my name is Gert Otten.
If you want my server, i can help you, mail me @: gertot...@gmail.com

Sorry for my bad english...

Op vrijdag 4 januari 2013 05:10:17 UTC-8 schreef wk l het volgende:

在 2013年1月2日星期三UTC+8下午6时34分04秒,issor...@gmail.com写道:

Gert Otten

Yi Sun

Jan 30, 2013, 5:06:03 PM1/30/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
You meant email you a few hundred MBs of files?

Gert Otten

Jan 31, 2013, 5:36:26 AM1/31/13
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I can download this files my self, abd then reupload them if you want.

Elias Nicolas

May 16, 2015, 7:48:05 PM5/16/15
to andro...@googlegroups.com
I have a VPS. If you need a server...