statins bad?

col...@gmail.com

May 30, 2019, 3:00:28 PM5/30/19

%

May 30, 2019, 3:15:17 PM5/30/19

Kemosabe

Jun 1, 2019, 7:50:10 PM6/1/19

col...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2019, 8:07:21 PM6/1/19
I drink 1 beer daily and it extends my life.

col...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2019, 6:50:13 AM6/2/19
Alcohol use was inversely associated with risk of CHD mortality in older-onset diabetic subjects. The CHD mortality rates for never and former drinkers were 43.9 and 38.5 per 1000 person-years, respectively, while the rates for those with alcohol intakes of less than 2, 2 to 13, and 14 or more g/d were 25.3, 20.8, and 10.0 per 1000 person-years, respectively. Compared with never drinkers and controlling for age, sex, cigarette smoking, glycosylated hemoglobin level, insulin use, plasma C-peptide level, history of angina or myocardial infarction, digoxin use, and the presence and severity of diabetic retinopathy, former drinkers had a relative risk (RR) of 0.69 (95% confidence interval [CI], 0.43-1.12); for those who drank less than 2 g/d (less frequent than 1 drink a week), the RR was 0.54 (95% CI, 0.33-0.90); for 2 to 13 g/d, it was 0.44 (95% CI, 0.23-0.84); and for 14 or more g/d (about 1 drink or more a day), it was 0.21 (95% CI, 0.09-0.48). Further adjustments for blood pressure, body mass index, education, physical activity, diabetes duration, hypertension history, overt nephropathy, peripheral neuropathy, lipid measures, or intake of medications such as aspirin and antihypertensive agents did not change the associations observed.

col...@gmail.com

Jun 3, 2019, 6:26:14 AM6/3/19
I don't think anyone taking metformin or sulfonylureas should drink alc, not sure about the newer diabetic meds.

Kemosabe

Jun 6, 2019, 4:00:01 PM6/6/19
On Sun, 2 Jun 2019 03:50:11 -0700 (PDT), col...@gmail.com wrote:

> Alcohol use was inversely associated with risk of CHD mortality
> in older-onset diabetic subjects.

A small amount of alcohol consumed was associated with an increased
risk of loss of kidney function in the male groups.

col...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2019, 4:48:11 PM6/6/19
A page I saved says 210 gms of alc weekly prevents kidney disease.

%

Jun 6, 2019, 4:55:34 PM6/6/19
On 2019-06-06 1:48 p.m., col...@gmail.com wrote:
> A page I saved says 210 gms of alc weekly prevents kidney disease.

if you search hard enough you can always find an answer that agrees with
you , it should in no way be taken as a reliable answer ,
only an idgit would believe drinking is good for your kidneys

col...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2019, 5:31:16 PM6/6/19

%

Jun 6, 2019, 5:39:00 PM6/6/19
On 2019-06-06 2:31 p.m., col...@gmail.com wrote:
> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25587707

Your kidneys filter harmful substances from your blood. One of these
substances is alcohol. Alcohol can cause changes in the function of the
kidneys and make them less able to filter your blood. In addition to
filtering blood, your kidneys do many other important jobs. One of these
jobs is keeping the right amount of water in your body. Alcohol affects
the ability of your kidneys to do this. When alcohol dehydrates (dries
out) the body, the drying effect can affect the normal function of cells
and organs, including the kidneys.
Too much alcohol can also affect your blood pressure. People who drink
too much are more likely to have high blood pressure. And medications
for high blood pressure can be affected by alcohol. High blood pressure
is a common cause of kidney disease. More than two drinks a day can
increase your chance of having high blood pressure.
Chronic drinking can also cause liver disease. This adds to the kidney's
job. The rate of blood flow to your kidneys is usually kept at a certain
level, so that your kidneys can filter your blood well. Liver disease
impairs this important balancing act. In fact, most patients in the
United States who have both liver disease and associated kidney
dysfunction are alcohol dependent.

col...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2019, 6:29:46 PM6/6/19
I only drink 134 gms of alc a week.

%

Jun 6, 2019, 7:22:48 PM6/6/19
On 2019-06-06 3:29 p.m., col...@gmail.com wrote:
> I only drink 134 gms of alc a week.

and that's how much of your kidney you damage

col...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2019, 5:28:47 AM6/7/19
The last 3 times my urine had no protein in it, can any of you say that.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jun 7, 2019, 6:44:24 AM6/7/19
Colt asked:

> Subject: "Statins bad ?"

All prescription medications are "bad" (i.e. have the potential for
harmful side effects).

Moreover, most prescriptions and all prescription diets are "bad."

The absolutely only prescription that is good (i.e. has zero potential
for harmful side effects) is the http://HeartMDPhD.com/2PD-OMER
Approach, which does get folks to lose the pre-existing conditions
causing http://bit.ly/HeartVAT (Visceral Adipose Tissue) so that
they'd come off of all their prescription medications.

In the interim, I am indeed wonderfully hungry (
http://bit.ly/Philippians4_12 ) and hope you, Colt, also have a
healthy appetite too.

So how are you ?

HeartDoc Andrew <><
--
Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
and author of the 2PD-OMER Approach:

col...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2019, 6:51:24 AM6/7/19
Thanks for asking Dr Chung, I'm ok.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jun 7, 2019, 6:59:35 AM6/7/19
Colt replied:
> HeartDoc Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:
>> Colt asked:
>>
>>> Subject: "Statins bad ?"
>>
>>All prescription medications are "bad" (i.e. have the potential for
>>harmful side effects).
>>
>>Moreover, most prescriptions and all prescription diets are "bad."
>>
>>The absolutely only prescription that is good (i.e. has zero potential
>>for harmful side effects) is the http://HeartMDPhD.com/2PD-OMER
>>Approach, which does get folks to lose the pre-existing conditions
>>causing http://bit.ly/HeartVAT (Visceral Adipose Tissue) so that
>>they'd come off of all their prescription medications.
>>
>>In the interim, I am indeed wonderfully hungry (
>>http://bit.ly/Philippians4_12 ) and hope you, Colt, also have a
>>healthy appetite too.
>>
>>So how are you ?
>
> Thanks for asking Dr Chung, I'm ok.

I hope your "ok" means you, Colt, also have a healthy appetite too.

So you do have the ability to eat a healthy raisin at the moment,
don't you (yes/no) ?

col...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2019, 8:09:44 AM6/7/19
I had 1/2 bowl of raisin bran for breakfast.

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jun 7, 2019, 9:08:03 AM6/7/19
Colt replied:
> HeartDoc Andrew, in the Holy Spirit, boldly wrote:
>> Colt replied:

>>> Thanks for asking Dr Chung, I'm ok.
>>
>> I hope your "ok" means you, Colt, also have a healthy appetite too.
>>
>> So you do have the ability to eat a healthy raisin at the moment,
>> don't you (yes/no) ?
>
> I had 1/2 bowl of raisin bran for breakfast.

Noting that your eating a "1/2 bowl of raisin bran" proves you have a
healthy appetite, I remind you, Colt, that it's really wonderful
knowing through our healthy appetite that we're both not having a
heart attack at the moment in accordance with pure logic
(healthy=wonderful & appetite=hunger) and advise that you try to write
that you're "wonderfully hungry" since we've re-established here that
you are:

So now how are you ?

col...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2019, 9:37:02 AM6/7/19
I think taking hawthorn protects my heart a lot.

%

Jun 7, 2019, 9:53:52 AM6/7/19
On 2019-06-07 6:37 a.m., col...@gmail.com wrote:
> I think taking hawthorn protects my heart a lot.

is it in danger to begin with

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jun 7, 2019, 11:25:55 AM6/7/19
> I think taking hawthorn protects my heart a lot.

I again advise that you, Colt, really try to write that you're
"wonderfully hungry" since we've re-established here that you are:

So now again, how are you ?

col...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2019, 1:41:26 PM6/7/19
I'm fine, I also take resveratrol and niacin.

%

Jun 7, 2019, 2:06:43 PM6/7/19
On 2019-06-07 10:41 a.m., col...@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm fine, I also take resveratrol and niacin.

both of them do nothing at all

col...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2019, 3:10:32 PM6/7/19
On Thursday, May 30, 2019 at 3:00:28 PM UTC-4, col...@gmail.com wrote:
> https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/25655639/

My last LDL was 77, trigs 50 and HDL 65

%

Jun 7, 2019, 3:40:35 PM6/7/19
you're already dead your brain just hasn't told you yet

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jun 7, 2019, 6:48:56 PM6/7/19
> I'm fine, I also take resveratrol and niacin.

I again really advise that you, Colt, **really** try to write that

col...@gmail.com

Jun 7, 2019, 7:07:57 PM6/7/19
ok I'm wonderfully hungry

Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD

Jun 7, 2019, 7:26:26 PM6/7/19
Source:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.support.diabetes/xxsk0KxKD1I/6lVFzKIfCwAJ

> ok I'm wonderfully hungry

I note that you, Colt, are now rapture (Luke 17:37) ready having just
now (Luke 6:21a) used http://bit.ly/ApostlePaulsSecret (Philippians
4:12) to buckle on the full armor (Ephesians 6:11) of GOD.

Laus DEO :-)

While http://bit.ly/wonderfully_hungry in the Holy Spirit, Who causes
(Deuteronomy 8:3) us to hunger, I pray (2 Chronicles 7:14) that our
Everlasting (Isaiah 9:6) Father continues to give us, Colt, "much
more" (Luke 11:13) Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23) so that we'd have
much more of His help to always say/write that we're "wonderfully
hungry" in **all** ways including especially caring to
http://bit.ly/convince_it_forward in order to love (John 15:12) as our
LORD loves (John 15:13) us with all glory ( http://bit.ly/Psalm117_ )
to GOD, in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen.

Laus DEO :-)

from around the heart