[I] Song parodies

Elliott Grasett

Sep 29, 2008, 2:57:03 PM9/29/08
How many of you have read /Family/Bites/ by
Lisa Williams, AKA CCA of this parish?

I don't suppose we could make a musical of it.

At least one number has occurred to me:-

The Werewolf and the Vampire Should Be Friends

TTTO The "Farmer And The Cowman Should Be Friends" from OKLAHOMA!

The werewolf and the vampire should be friends,
Oh, the werewolf and the vampire should be friends.
Werewolves like the moon at night; vampires hate the bright sunlight,
But that's no reason why they can't be friends.

Creatures of the Night should stick together,
Creatures of the Night should all be pals.
Vampires dance with the werewolves' daughters,
Werewolves dance with the vampire's gals. (repeat)

At that point, inspiration flagged, so the real work
has begun, and may never be finished. Besides, I find
myself distracted by the American Election:

Predatory folk should stick together,
Predatory folk should all be pals;
Republicans dance with kleptocrat's daughters,
Kleptocrats dance with Republican gals.

--
Cheers,
Elliott

CCA

Sep 29, 2008, 4:17:50 PM9/29/08
On Sep 29, 7:57�pm, Elliott Grasett <egras...@wightman.ca> wrote:
> How many of you have read /Family/Bites/ by
> Lisa Williams, AKA CCA of this parish?

> I don't suppose we could make a musical of it.
> At least one number has occurred to me:-
>
> The Werewolf and the Vampire Should Be Friends
>
> TTTO The "Farmer And The Cowman Should Be Friends" from OKLAHOMA!
>
> The werewolf and the vampire should be friends,
> Oh, the werewolf and the vampire should be friends.
> Werewolves like the moon at night; vampires hate the bright sunlight,
> But that's no reason why they can't be friends.

*grin* Excellent stuff ! :-)

I do remember once I tried to write a sort of filk-opera of the book,
but got as far as something like page ten before giving up. ISTR I
had Marshall the unfortunate highwayman singing a version of 'Stand
and Deliver' by Adam and the Ants, Katie doing a filk of Whitney
Houston's 'Saving All My Love For You', and Sophia and Maria singing
'Luck Don't Be A Bitch Tonight' (TTTO 'Luck Be A Lady Tonight').
Sometime later I came up with the idea of John doing 'Vampire Guy'
TTTO of Jamiroquai's 'Cosmic Girl' but couldn't think of a second
verse

(The words of all the above are long forgotten, which is probably just
as well... :-)

CCA

Daibhid Ceanaideach

Sep 29, 2008, 5:13:16 PM9/29/08

Could we include my version of "Barry and Freda" 8-)?

--
Dave
So I looked, and behold, a pale horse.

CCA

Sep 30, 2008, 6:35:51 AM9/30/08
On Sep 29, 10:13�pm, Daibhid Ceanaideach <daibhidchened...@aol.com>
wrote:

> On 29 Sep 2008, CCA <sphira9...@aol.com> wrote:

> > On Sep 29, 7:57 pm, Elliott Grasett <egras...@wightman.ca> wrote:
> >> How many of you have read /Family/Bites/ by
> >> Lisa Williams, AKA CCA of this parish?
>
> >> I don't suppose we could make a musical of it.
> >> At least one number has occurred to me:-

> > I do remember once I tried to write a sort of filk-opera of the book,
> > but got as far as something like page ten before giving up. �

> Could we include my version of "Barry and Freda" 8-)?

That was excellent - better than any of the ones I did :-)

CCA

Elliott Grasett

Sep 30, 2008, 9:46:13 AM9/30/08

The original looks like fun. Where can we find Daibhid's version?

--
Cheers,
Elliott

Torak

Sep 30, 2008, 11:07:00 AM9/30/08

I'm in! (Something for the next Con, perhaps? :-p )

I'll reread the book, see what scenes work best as songs...

Tiny Bulcher

Sep 30, 2008, 1:38:31 PM9/30/08
žus cwęš Elliott Grasett:
> CCA wrote:
>> On Sep 29, 10:13?pm, Daibhid Ceanaideach <daibhidchened...@aol.com>

>> wrote:

>>> Could we include my version of "Barry and Freda" 8-)?
>>
>> That was excellent - better than any of the ones I did :-)
>>
>> CCA
>
> The original looks like fun. Where can we find Daibhid's version?

Never mind that, where's the hostess trolley?

CCA

Sep 30, 2008, 5:19:42 PM9/30/08
On Sep 30, 2:46�pm, Elliott Grasett <egras...@wightman.ca> wrote:

> Where can we find Daibhid's version?

Daibhid's filk is here :-)

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.fan.pratchett/msg/f5a6a92e21a697f5?hl=en

CCA

Elliott Grasett

Sep 30, 2008, 7:28:50 PM9/30/08

Thank you. Very good!
--
Cheers,
Elliott

CCA

Oct 14, 2008, 11:27:42 AM10/14/08
Right this is a handy place to put a Family Bites filk I've been
sitting on for a little while...

'Werewolves of Falborough', to the tune of Warren Zevon's 'Werewolves
of London'

I saw a werewolf, a set-square in his hand,
Walking through the streets of Falborough in the sun.
He said he said he was after some off-cuts from the carpenter's place.
He was gonna have himself a bit of woodwork fun.

Ahoo, werewolves of Falborough
Ahoo, etc...

If you see her looking for sticks in your back garden,
It's probably safe to let her in.
A little old lady got escorted hom safely from the pub last night.
Werewolves of Falborough again.

Ahoo etc

He's the handsome rakish bloke who'll give a lady's hearth a poke.
Knows his way out to the stables.
I'll introduce you to him, but he'll shag your daughter on a whim.
You'll find his trousers on the kitchen table

Ahoo

I saw a red-headed woman playing cards with the Queen,
Doing the werewolves of Falborough.
I saw a red-headed woman winning quite a lot of money off the Queen,
Doing the werewolves of Falborough

I saw a werewolf looking thoughtfully at the sheep on Longtree Farm.
His hair didn't look too bad, apart from the sticks...

CCA

Eric Jarvis

Oct 14, 2008, 12:15:28 PM10/14/08
In article <0b44e1fb-ec7e-495d-902c-
a1e20b...@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, sphir...@aol.com says...

> I saw a werewolf looking thoughtfully at the sheep on Longtree Farm.
> His hair didn't look too bad, apart from the sticks...

Applause

--
eric
Live fast, die only if strictly necessary.

Ssirienna

Oct 14, 2008, 1:24:55 PM10/14/08

"Eric Jarvis" <ericj...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> In article <0b44e1fb-ec7e-495d-902c-
> a1e20b...@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>, sphir...@aol.com says...
>>
>> I saw a werewolf looking thoughtfully at the sheep on Longtree Farm.
>> His hair didn't look too bad, apart from the sticks...
>>

> Applause

Brava!

Encore :-)

Ssirienna

Daibhid Ceanaideach

Oct 14, 2008, 4:59:29 PM10/14/08
On 14 Oct 2008, "Ssirienna" <ssirien...@blueyonderNOSPAM.co.uk>
wrote:

Indeed. I don't even know the original apart from the chorus, and I still
loved it!