[I] Family Bites- The first filk!!!!

1 view

Daibhid Ceannaideach

May 31, 2003, 2:36:41 PM5/31/03
And isn't that much better than being in the Steffigraph 8-)?

Of course there's only one song that *really* deals with A Certain Subject in
as much delicate detail as FB...

Richard and Katie
(TTO "Barry and Freda" by Victoria Wood)

Richard was in his room one day,
Full moon was a few days away.
Being, surprisingly, solo,
"Forgot" that Katie was a no-no.

Katie saw him, wondered whether,
He knew about the man in leather,
Steeled herself to stay unled,
When Richard flashed a grin and said...

Let's do it, let's do it,
Tonight you're the one I chose.
No boast, I'm the most,
Fun you can have without your clothes
I'm feeling in fine fettle,
Tell you what, I'll help you carry up the kettle,
But let's do it, let's do it tonight.

But she said:
I shan't do it, I shan't do it,
This wolf's barking up the wrong tree.
Don't start; with that tart,
You burnt your final bridge with me!
I've found myself another,
Go and chase a cat, metaphoric or other.
I shan't do it, I shan't do it tonight.

So he said:
Let's do it, let's do it
I'm better than some other bloke
My desire's, to light your fire,
And maybe give the hearth a poke.
A hunt would just fail,
Sophia's scared the wildlife from here to Wicandale.
So let's do it, let's do it tonight.

But she said:
I can't do it, I can't do it
I really think I might be ill.
This thirst, is the worst,
And I've got a sudden chill.
Don't mean to seem catty,
But I think that guy really did drive me batty.
I can't do it, I can't do it toniiiiight.

--
Dave
Now Official Absentee of EU Skiffeysoc for FOUR years

CCA

May 31, 2003, 3:31:26 PM5/31/03
Daibhid Ceannaideach wrote

(reluctantly snipped filk)

<g>Absolutely brilliant!

(And all the better because I remember the Victoria Wood version, which was
also really funny.)
Good stuff Dave, will print that one :-)
CCA:)
Family Bites Website at www.falboroughhall.co.uk

Daibhid Ceannaideach

May 31, 2003, 3:35:08 PM5/31/03

>From: sphi...@aol.com (CCA)
>Date: 31/05/03 20:31 GMT Daylight Time
>
>Daibhid Ceannaideach wrote
>
>(reluctantly snipped filk)
>
><g>Absolutely brilliant!
>
>(And all the better because I remember the Victoria Wood version, which was
>also really funny.)
>Good stuff Dave, will print that one :-)

Aythankyew!

And I'd also like to thank "On A Comic Note" last night, for putting both
"Barry and Freda" and "The Gnu" to the forefront of my mind.

CCA

Jun 1, 2003, 4:25:00 PM6/1/03
Daibhid Ceannaideach wrote

>And I'd also like to thank "On A Comic Note" last night, for putting both
>"Barry and Freda" and "The Gnu" to the forefront of my mind.

I remember the song Victoria Wood did at about the same time as 'Barry and
Freda', which was called 'It Would Never Have Worked' To quote my favourite
bit...

"Rapport's a thing you just can't manufacture
You had an ideal girl, I couldn't match her,
I didn't want to -- it was Margaret Thatcher,
It would never have worked."

Victoria Wood isn't half so good (IMO) these days as she used to be back in the
eighties.
BTW -- coming soon, a filk about Ben Rivers to the tune of 'How About You',
which was featured in the Fisher King.