Pat Lambert on David Lifton's "Ghost Writing" Charge

John McAdams

Jul 2, 2007, 10:18:56 PM7/2/07
On Black Op Radio, David Lifton claimed that much of Vince Bugliosi's
book was ghost written, and even named Patricia Lambert as one person
who wrote a substantial part of it.

http://www.blackopradio.com/black323a.ram

This was brought to the attention of Lambert, who sent me the
following statement for posting.

<quote on>

July 2, 2007

I have received several accounts of remarks David Lifton made about me
on the Black Op Radio program of May 24th concerning Vince Bugliosi's
book "Reclaiming History."

For the record: I did not write one single word of Vince Bugliosi's
book, not even a footnote. I never saw Vince Bugliosi's manuscript. I
never saw any portion of Vince Bugliosi's manuscript. I didn't even
get a peek at the galleys. No comma, colon, semi-colon, parenthesis,
hyphen, apostrophe or period is my doing, to say nothing of sentences,
paragraphs and a whole chapter. Because I have been traveling, I have
not even seen the published book and have only sketchy, second hand
reports of what it says.

I have indeed been in touch with Bugliosi; we have talked on the
telephone and I provided him with some documents. That is the full
extent of my involvement in his book.

I cannot imagine what prompted Lifton to make such a stunningly false
allegation about me. But false it is. I am not a ghostwriter. I have
never been a ghostwriter. I have no intention of being a ghostwriter.

Since I know unequivocally that Lifton is wrong about the role he
assigned to me, I see no reason to believe he is correct about the
other unidentified writers on whom he has bestowed the credit for
having written Vince Bugliosi's book.

David Lifton owes me an apology.

David Lifton owes Vince Bugliosi an apology.

Patricia Lambert

<quote off>

--
The Kennedy Assassination Home Page
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

Dave Reitzes

Jul 3, 2007, 12:04:37 AM7/3/07

No one familiar with Lambert's work would mistake Bugliosi's writing for
hers. Even if their writing styles weren't so clearly dissimilar, Bugliosi
explicitly takes issue with Lambert on at least one point (concerning an
allegation Lambert reports about Garrison's personal life), and draws some
inferences about Garrison's motivations that I suspect Lambert might
disagree with.

Dave

Rankles

Jul 3, 2007, 3:08:15 PM7/3/07
David Lifton making a ludicrous allegation with no supporting
evidence? Call the pope!

Dave Reitzes

Jul 4, 2007, 2:14:41 AM7/4/07
On Jul 3, 3:08?pm, Rankles <ranklestheot...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> David Lifton making a ludicrous allegation with no supporting
> evidence? Call the pope!

Believe it or not, a certain individual was claiming at this very
newsgroup just a few years back that Patricia Lambert had been
LIFTON's ghostwriter for BEST EVIDENCE.

Obviously, great minds think alike.

Dave

Winston Smith

Jul 4, 2007, 10:39:20 PM7/4/07
Has Lifton ever backed up his contention that Livingstone forged his
interview with Dave Powers with respect to whether the coffin was ever
unattended on AF-1? He claimed he had a letter from Powers.

Martin Shackelford

Jul 6, 2007, 11:46:56 AM7/6/07
As far as I am aware, Lifton has never produced such a letter.
Livingstone tends to be very careful about documenting his interviews.

Martin

"Winston Smith" <outerparty...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

Winston Smith

Jul 6, 2007, 3:05:50 PM7/6/07
On Jul 6, 11:46 am, "Martin Shackelford" <msha...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

> As far as I am aware, Lifton has never produced such a letter.
> Livingstone tends to be very careful about documenting his interviews.
>
> Martin
>
> "Winston Smith" <outerpartymember1...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> > Has Lifton ever backed up his contention that Livingstone forged his
> > interview with Dave Powers with respect to whether the coffin was ever
> > unattended on AF-1? He claimed he had a letter from Powers.- Hide quoted text -

Well, Lifton claimed that isn't right:
<Lifton May 2002 quote on>
2) There is good reason to believe that Harrison Livingstone never
"interviewed" Dave Powers, because:

a) Powers denied it, and complained about this assertion, in a letter
to Livingstone (a copy of which I have), written to Livingstone right
after the book was published, and this matter was called to Powers'
attention.

b) Livingstone, a few years AFTER he supposedly "interviewed" Powers
(in 1987), thenb wrote (in one of his later books) about how he was
attempting to "speak" with Powers, clearly implying he had not done so
before.
<Lifton May 2002 quote off>
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/msg/2174029f76b4acae?dmode=source

I've been checking back for the last five (5) years to try to nail it
down. Nothing thus far.

aeffects

Jul 6, 2007, 10:53:51 PM7/6/07
On Jul 3, 11:14 pm, Dave Reitzes <dreit...@aol.com> wrote:
> On Jul 3, 3:08?pm, Rankles <ranklestheot...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > David Lifton making a ludicrous allegation with no supporting
> > evidence? Call the pope!
>
> Believe it or not, a certain individual was claiming at this very
> newsgroup just a few years back that Patricia Lambert had been
> LIFTON's ghostwriter for BEST EVIDENCE.

has Lambert worked with Lifton, ever?

-snip-

black...@aol.com

Jul 8, 2007, 12:40:00 AM7/8/07

>From the acknowledgments of Best Evidence:

"major editorial assistance from Patricia Lambert."