Book Reviews For "Beyond Reasonable Doubt"

David Von Pein

Mar 7, 2015, 11:51:14 AM3/7/15
Based on the figures that I'm seeing daily at Amazon.com (as of this date
of March 7, 2015), book sales for "BRD" are pretty miserable, which is too
bad, because it's a good book (but, naturally, as one of the authors, I'm
going to say that).

But the last seven Amazon reviews have been very good ones. So I'm
grateful for that anyway. Here are a few sample reviews for "Beyond
Reasonable Doubt".....

------------------------

"Mel Ayton, a distinguished historian, and David Von Pein, a no-nonsense
researcher, should be attacked. Why? This book is long overdue! Nowhere is
there two more knowledge[able] people when it comes to the actual facts of
the JFK case than these two people. I notice the conspiracy side has
attacked this book as they have all pro Oswald works on Amazon. I
understand their frustration. Each pro Oswald book only confirms the known
facts of the case. No hyperbole, no wild absurd interpretations of the
evidence. No speculations. IOW, no lies which every conspiracy author
relies on. Kudos to Ayton and Von Pein for this effort."

-- Paul May; January 5, 2015

"These gents, especially Mr. Von Pein, who I had the pleasure of debating
for 24 hours, are very sincere in their contention that Lee Harvey Oswald
was the lone assassin of President Kennedy and the murderer of Officer
Tippit. Whatever your own feelings, you can be sure that the authors have
done their due diligence and are "calling it as they see it". An all
around compelling read that belongs on the shelf of all assassination
researchers. No matter what your personal feelings are regarding the big
event - this book will be a worthwhile addition to your library."

-- "Brother Bruce"; February 1, 2015

"I'm well acquainted with the vast collection DVP has amassed on the
Kennedy assassination and I've read his commentary and commendable
explanation that Oswald was the lone assassin of JFK. As a former
conspiracy believer, I'm very familiar with the methods and tactics of
those who insist Kennedy was assassinated by some form of a conspiracy.

The conspiracy theorists prey upon those who are unfamiliar with the facts
of the case and play to the emotions of the uninformed. The cornerstone of
their entire strategy is to unleash an avalanche of claims about what
didn't happen in Dealey Plaza. If there are so many aspects of this case
that make the assassination an obvious conspiracy, why can't the
conspiracy advocates agree on the fundamentals of the crime?

Why do the conspiracy theorists have so many vastly different theories
about where the assassins were positioned, the number of shots fired, the
specific type of ammunition used and how the gunmen were able to escape
Dealey Plaza completely undetected while carrying their firearms?

Even though I have not read the book yet, I'm giving it 5 stars for the
following reasons;

1. I'm familiar with the work of DVP and his extremely favorable
reputation precedes him and speaks for itself.

2. The negative reviews posted by the conspiracy obsessed who have spent
the last 50 years contentedly contradicting one another about who planned,
carried out and covered up the so-called conspiracy.

The evidence is overwhelming and iron-clad; Lee Harvey Oswald was the lone
assassin of JFK."

-- J. P. Sullivan; March 5, 2015

More reviews and info:

http://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/1939521238

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2014/04/beyond-reasonable-doubt.html

Pamela Brown

Mar 7, 2015, 2:27:07 PM3/7/15
But of course the thesis of your book appears to be simply an appeal to
authority. So those who don't like falling prey to fallacy might not give
it good reviews...

bigdog

Mar 7, 2015, 2:44:22 PM3/7/15
I think the slow sales are more an indication of the overall public's lack
of interest in the case whether they believe Oswald did it alone or not.
Most people moved on from it long ago, only occasionally showing interest
at significant times such as the 50th anniversay or Oliver Stone's movie
more than 20 years before that. I can't remember the last time it came up
in normal conversation. People have made up their mind about the case and
see no reason to continue to dwell on it. The JFK assassination appeals to
a very small niche interest group.

BOZ

Mar 7, 2015, 2:45:52 PM3/7/15
On Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 11:51:14 AM UTC-5, David Von Pein wrote:
I assume that several of the negative reviews were written by conspiracy
theorists who haven't read the book.

Robert Harris

Mar 7, 2015, 3:32:13 PM3/7/15
David Von Pein wrote:
> Based on the figures that I'm seeing daily at Amazon.com (as of this date
> of March 7, 2015), book sales for "BRD" are pretty miserable, which is too
> bad, because it's a good book (but, naturally, as one of the authors, I'm
> going to say that).
>
> But the last seven Amazon reviews have been very good ones. So I'm
> grateful for that anyway. Here are a few sample reviews for "Beyond
> Reasonable Doubt".....
>
> ------------------------
>
> "Mel Ayton, a distinguished historian, and David Von Pein, a no-nonsense
> researcher, should be attacked. Why? This book is long overdue! Nowhere is
> there two more knowledge[able] people when it comes to the actual facts of
> the JFK case than these two people. I notice the conspiracy side has
> attacked this book as they have all pro Oswald works on Amazon. I
> understand their frustration. Each pro Oswald book only confirms the known
> facts of the case. No hyperbole, no wild absurd interpretations of the
> evidence. No speculations. IOW, no lies which every conspiracy author
> relies on. Kudos to Ayton and Von Pein for this effort."
>
> -- Paul May; January 5, 2015

ROFLMAO!!

Paul May!!!???

This guy is a raving lunatic. He is probably the very worst of McCrae's
forum, which is infested almost entirely, by the worst of both the
conspiracy buffs and the nutters.

But Mr. May is in a class all by himself:-)

Your other endorsers are almost as bad.

Robert Harris

BOZ

Mar 7, 2015, 5:27:18 PM3/7/15
Alfred Hitchcock made a film called THE WRONG MAN starring Henry Fonda.
The wrong man or falsely accused has been a major Hollywood theme.
Harrison Ford in The Fugitive for example. This theme is so embedded in
conspiracy books about the Kennedy assassination. Many readers are not
interested in history because the truth is too boring.

Anthony Marsh

Mar 7, 2015, 9:19:49 PM3/7/15
What about the WC defender who aemitte that he hadn't read the book yet?

"Even though I have not read the book yet, I'm giving it 5 stars for the
following reasons"

BTW, what do you say when someone had reviewed a book before it has been
published? I reviewed Posner's book before it had been written.

Anthony Marsh

Mar 7, 2015, 9:20:04 PM3/7/15
If they had a complete lack of interest, no copies would be sold and
there would be no reviews.

> Most people moved on from it long ago, only occasionally showing interest
> at significant times such as the 50th anniversay or Oliver Stone's movie
> more than 20 years before that. I can't remember the last time it came up
> in normal conversation. People have made up their mind about the case and
> see no reason to continue to dwell on it. The JFK assassination appeals to
> a very small niche interest group.

So conversely you have to admit tha NYT Bestsellers prove public
interest. You fall into your own trap.

Anthony Marsh

Mar 7, 2015, 9:22:47 PM3/7/15
It COULD have been so much more, but alas.
It COULD have used FACTS to debunk crazy theories which distract from
research. But, nah.
It COULD have examined new evidence, but nah.

BT George

Mar 7, 2015, 9:24:25 PM3/7/15
David. I'll be leaving feedback once I read the book. I already bought it
a month ago, but haven't started it yet. Given my glacial pace of reading
that should be sometime in early 2019!!!

Still you know you're on the right track now that Bob Harris is panning
it. ...He's like a perverse weather vane pointing unerringly towards the
wrong conclusions. :-)

BT George

bigdog

Mar 7, 2015, 10:07:00 PM3/7/15
Everybody knows from watching movies that the guy who looks like he did it
at the start of the movie is never the guy who it turns out actually did
it. Conspriacy hobbyists look at the case as if it were an Agatha Christie
novel. They don't want to hear that the guy who obviously did it is
guilty. That would ruin all the suspence. I think they all have the futile
hope that before they die the real killer is going to be revealed to them.
And I keep believing I'm going to hit it big in the lottery. I think I
have a better chance.

mainframetech

Mar 7, 2015, 10:07:08 PM3/7/15
In the JFK case, the truth is sad, but fascinating!

Chris

mainframetech

Mar 7, 2015, 10:07:55 PM3/7/15
On Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 2:44:22 PM UTC-5, bigdog wrote:
Oh my! What a lot of wishful thinking there! Your hope that everyone
will accept the government version of things and the whole thing will go
away is touching, but misplaced.

The lack of interest is probably in the fact that it's just another
rewrite of the WCR and nothing is new. In the case when there is
something new, it is always a fact or item of interest that supports
conspiracy.

Since Nixon and probably before, the public realizes how dirty the
people at the top can get, and are more suspicious of such being the case.
So conspiracy in the JFK case is expected. Of course, the constant
efforts of those that try to cover up the conspiracy for the last 50 or so
years have helped keep it alive. Folks think 'if it were nothing but a
standard 'lone nut' murder, why is there such a constant effort to cover
it all up and shove it off the stage'?

Chris

tom...@cox.net

Mar 8, 2015, 1:53:33 PM3/8/15
CORBETT BELIEVES THAT 81% OF AMERICANS REPRESENT A SN\MALL NICHE ! ! !
=====bigdog <jecorb...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]
> >=20
> >=20
> > More reviews and info:
> >=20
> > http://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/1939521238
> >=20
> > http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2014/04/beyond-reasonable-doubt.html
>
> I think the slow sales are more an indication of the overall public's
> lack of interest in the case whether they believe Oswald did it alone or
> not. Most people moved on from it long ago, only occasionally showing
> interest at significant times such as the 50th anniversay or Oliver
> Stone's movie more than 20 years before that. I can't remember the last
> time it came up in normal conversation. People have made up their mind
> about the case and see no reason to continue to dwell on it. The JFK
> assassination appeals to a very small niche interest group.

Usenet Newsgroup Service $9.95/Month 30GB

BOZ

Mar 8, 2015, 6:17:37 PM3/8/15
You have futuresight.

David Von Pein

Mar 8, 2015, 10:13:11 PM3/8/15

bigdog

Mar 8, 2015, 10:46:13 PM3/8/15
You entirely missed the point. It isn't a matter of what people believe.
It's what they still care about. Few even care about the JFK assassination
any more. If you added up all the regular contributors on all the various
assassination forums, Ill bet it would be less than 1000 people. Not many
out of a population of over 300 million in the US and 7 billion world
wide.

Anthony Marsh

Mar 9, 2015, 11:49:58 AM3/9/15
In case you've never been in the real world, many things in the movies
do happen in real life.

Anthony Marsh

Mar 9, 2015, 11:50:53 AM3/9/15
No, I debated the issue with Posner.

Anthony Marsh

Mar 10, 2015, 11:23:55 AM3/10/15
Ever hear of the HSCA?
Ever hear of the ARRB?
ever hear of Oliver Stone's movie JFK?
Do you know what a NYT bestseller is?

bigdog

Mar 10, 2015, 9:01:04 PM3/10/15
On Sunday, March 8, 2015 at 1:53:33 PM UTC-4, tom...@cox.net wrote:
> CORBETT BELIEVES THAT 81% OF AMERICANS REPRESENT A SN\MALL NICHE ! ! !

I assume you are referring to the percentage of Americans who believe
there was a conspiracy to kill JFK. You need to get more current data. The
most recent polls place the number closer to 60% and that is trending
downward. But it really doesn't matter what the actually percentage is
because whether they believe in conspiracy or not, most Amercians just
don't care anymore. Why should they?

bigdog

Mar 10, 2015, 9:02:02 PM3/10/15
Closed shop in 1978.

> Ever hear of the ARRB?

Closed shop in 1998.

> ever hear of Oliver Stone's movie JFK?

Was released in 1991.

> Do you know what a NYT bestseller is?

You must be referring to Bill O'Reilly's book. Yes, you can sell lots of
books if you have a nightly forum with millions of viewers so you can plug
your book. Killing Kennedy was a follow up to O'Reilly's Killing Lincoln.
Do you think that indicates there is still widespread interest in the
Lincoln assassination.

BOZ

Mar 11, 2015, 11:41:46 AM3/11/15
On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 11:23:55 AM UTC-4, Anthony Marsh wrote:
Ever hear of the HSCA?They determined that Oswald fired the President.
Ever hear of the ARRB?By the time the ARRB disbanded, all Warren
Commission documents, except income tax returns, had been released to the
public, with only minor redactions. ever hear of Oliver Stone's movie
JFK?It was directed by a drug addict. Do you know what a NYT bestseller
is?50 Shades of Grey.

Anthony Marsh

Mar 11, 2015, 1:10:51 PM3/11/15
Then why do you care what the exact percentage is at 6Pm today?
Especially since you have nothing but disdain for public opinion?

Anthony Marsh

Mar 11, 2015, 10:27:07 PM3/11/15
Not true. Many documents have still not been released, which is why we
look forward to 2017.

Your mission here is to state things that you know are not true.

BOZ

Mar 12, 2015, 5:22:21 PM3/12/15
The final frontier. These are the voyages of my Enterprise. My five-year
mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new
civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before.