Message for David Von Pein

John McAdams

Apr 21, 2019, 10:29:42โ€ฏPM4/21/19
Your videos have been my salvation in my JFK class this semester.

Marquette has removed the ability to play VHS tapes in classrooms. So
a lot of good footage I had on those tapes was no longer usable.

But I found the footage I need -- mostly the two 60s CBS
documentaries, and the 1993 Frontline documentary -- on your site.

The current DVD of the Frontline documentary has key footage cut out,
especially the Odio material, but other stuff too.

So kudos for your efforts.

.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

bigdog

Apr 22, 2019, 5:49:47โ€ฏPM4/22/19
On Sunday, April 21, 2019 at 10:29:42 PM UTC-4, John McAdams wrote:
> Your videos have been my salvation in my JFK class this semester.
>
> Marquette has removed the ability to play VHS tapes in classrooms. So
> a lot of good footage I had on those tapes was no longer usable.
>
> But I found the footage I need -- mostly the two 60s CBS
> documentaries, and the 1993 Frontline documentary -- on your site.
>
> The current DVD of the Frontline documentary has key footage cut out,
> especially the Odio material, but other stuff too.
>
> So kudos for your efforts.

Ditto

Edward Bauer

Apr 22, 2019, 5:51:01โ€ฏPM4/22/19
On Sunday, April 21, 2019 at 10:29:42 PM UTC-4, John McAdams wrote:
John, both your and Davidโ€™s websites, along with the Mary Ferrell
site, are unique, valuable sources of critical information. Kudos to you
all.

David Von Pein

Apr 22, 2019, 7:37:13โ€ฏPM4/22/19
Thanks for the "kudos" message, John. It pleases me to know that at least
a few people are getting some good out of the stuff I've put online.

And I want to remind you, John, that the videos I have stored and shared
through Google Drive can all easily be downloaded at the touch of a button
too. The "Download" button is located in the top-right part of each Google
Drive webpage:

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-v6qpdfHUzq0/XL2LenQRsYI/AAAAAAABRMs/FDJwXLG9cNQKp0TFdhAdSldPykGtOVd6wCLcBGAs/s2000/Highlighting-The-Download-Button-On-Google-Drive-Video-Pages.png

John McAdams

Apr 22, 2019, 7:45:49โ€ฏPM4/22/19
On 22 Apr 2019 19:37:11 -0400, David Von Pein <davev...@aol.com>
wrote:
Yep, and they all import fine into MovieMaker.

The only videos I show pretty much unedited are the first 75 minutes
of "Four Days in Dallas" (Wolper), and the movie "JFK" (an evening
session).

Otherwise, class time is valuable, so I use edited clips, such as Ruth
Paine explaining the coffee klatch that resulted in Lee getting his
job or Domingo Benavides describing the Tippit shooting.

As I mentioned earlier, key footage was cut out of the Frontline
documentary as released on DVD, and your having it online was a
godsend.

Joe Newbrough on how 544 Camp Street was entirely separate from
Banister's office and the Sylvia Odio testimony are two segments I
used in class last Wednesday.

.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

claviger

Apr 22, 2019, 7:49:03โ€ฏPM4/22/19
Yes indeed Kudos! David Von Pein has a truly remarkable website. A
veritable treasury of photos, debate, and discussion. It has been most
helpful to me in researching this case. The Photo Gallery is a truly
valuable well organized resource. Any college student taking a Debate
Class can learn much from study of David's logical, calm response to
heated and provocative debate. Hopefully this useful academic resource
will be around for a long time to come.

Ramon F Herrera

Apr 22, 2019, 7:51:14โ€ฏPM4/22/19
to David Von Pein
I have made this public offer and will keep on repeating it.

I will upload ANYTHING [*] provided/requested by the JFK community to
my/your/our new video channel.

https://vimeo.com/user69083377

Professor McAdams, if you check the videos published in your Vimeo channel
(check the short ones, home made) you will notice several options. Let's
see the latest movie that I uploaded, "First Man" (I renamed it):

https://vimeo.com/331629460

http://www.jfknumbers.org/~ramon/jfk/Vimeo-Download-Button.jpg
http://www.jfknumbers.org/~ramon/jfk/Vimeo-Download-Options.jpg

I am paying for a "Pro" account which gives me/you an unlimited amount
of storage. The bottleneck becomes how fast we can upload.

In the Nuthouse they complained that I seemed to be a big fan of the
Kennedys (duh!), their romantic side and I offered:

"There is a movie called 'The Dark Side' or whatever, I will upload it.
Do you want ANY movie uploaded? Just name it".

The full Frontline documentary is in my To Do list.

Now, let's go in the David Von Pein issue.

I have made this public offer to David Von Pein and will keep on
repeating it.

I will convert any photo from the DVP archive to 3D models. If the scene
is in Dealey Plaza, the accuracy will be 3mm. This one seems like a
perfect first candidate, taken seconds after the shooting:

[I owe you the URL]

It was taken from west of the triple underpass, with the kids waving and
the 12:30 Hertz clock in the background. A 3D model/video can be done,
with the car speeding,

-Ramon
JFK Numbers (and videos)

[*] The precise definition of "anything" will be posted later.

CAMPBE...@yahoo.com

Apr 22, 2019, 8:09:25โ€ฏPM4/22/19
I very much agree! I still remember the first time I found your site John.
I was very impressed with the information you have on it. Thanks to you
all for supplying such a great amount of information, testimonies, videos
of films and broadcasts that were done on tv and radio.

BOZ

Apr 23, 2019, 10:21:30โ€ฏPM4/23/19
Thanks David, but I actually prefer Tom Rossley's website.

David Von Pein

Apr 24, 2019, 12:23:46โ€ฏAM4/24/19
Thank you, clav.

David Von Pein

Apr 24, 2019, 12:25:14โ€ฏAM4/24/19
When you said "MovieMaker", John, are you referring to the "Windows Movie
Maker" video editing program produced by Microsoft? If so, I must say that
I'm thrilled to find someone else besides myself who still uses Windows
Movie Maker (.WMM) to create and edit videos on their computer. (I thought
I might have been the last person in America who was still using it.)
๐Ÿ˜

Personally, I like Windows Movie Maker very much. It's a pretty basic,
no-frills program, but it's always worked fine for me and it has
everything I really need --- even the older versions which I'm now forced
to use when I get a new computer, due to the fact that new versions of WMM
have unfortunately been discontinued by Microsoft. The biggest negative
thing about WMM is the fact that it won't let you import MP4 videos into
the interface. So I've always got to convert all of my MP4 files into WMVs
so they'll be compatible with "Windows" (WMM). And I would guess that you
too, John, have had to convert some of my MP4s into WMVs first, before you
were able to use the files inside WMM, right?

BTW --- I'm going to forgive you (this time), John, for getting the name
wrong of the best JFK assassination documentary ever produced. The proper
title of David L. Wolper's stellar 1964 motion picture is, of course,
"Four Days In November" (not "Four Days In Dallas"). ๐Ÿ˜‰

http://Four-Days-In-November.blogspot.com

BTW #2 --- Speaking of the "Four Days" Wolper film, here's something else
that might be of some use to you, John โ€”โ€” A few years ago
I culled various highlights from the film and put them on this webpage....

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2014/11/four-days-in-november-re-created-scenes.html

The highlights include the "re-creations" which Wolper filmed with some of
the witnesses (such as Buell Wesley Frazier, Linnie Mae Randle, and
William Whaley).

The videos on that webpage are "Blogger" videos (instead of "Google Drive"
uploads), but they can be downloaded if you know the "trick". The trick
is: After pressing the Play button, right-click TWICE with your mouse
cursor hovering over the video player. After the second "right-click", you
should see a "Save Video As" option among the menu choices. Clicking "Save
Video As" will allow you to download the video. It will be an MP4
download, however, not a WMV. But at least my "Blogger" videos can be
downloaded. It's a method that works when using the Firefox browser
anyway. I'm not sure about the success rate of this venture when utilizing
other browsers. (It was by pure accident a couple of years ago that I
stumbled across the above method for downloading a Blogger video. And I'm
glad I did, because it's come in handy several times since then.)

Ramon F Herrera

Apr 24, 2019, 3:27:30โ€ฏPM4/24/19
to David Von Pein
On 4/22/2019 6:51 PM, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
> On 4/21/2019 9:29 PM, John McAdams wrote:
>> Your videos have been my salvation in my JFK class this semester.
>>
>> Marquette has removed the ability to play VHS tapes in classrooms.ย  So
>> a lot of good footage I had on those tapes was no longer usable.
>>
>> But I found the footage I need -- mostly the two 60s CBS
>> documentaries, and the 1993 Frontline documentary -- on your site.
>>
>> The current DVD of the Frontline documentary has key footage cut out,
>> especially the Odio material, but other stuff too.
>>
>> So kudos for your efforts.
>>
>> .John
>> -----------------------
>> http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
>>

> I have made this public offer and will keep on repeating it.
>
> I will upload ANYTHING [*] provided/requested by the JFK community to
> my/your/our new video channel.
>
> https://vimeo.com/user69083377
>
> Professor McAdams, if you check the videos published in your Vimeo
> channel (check the short ones, home made) you will notice several
> options. Let's see the latest movie that I uploaded, "First Man" (I
> renamed it):
>
> https://vimeo.com/331629460
>
> http://www.jfknumbers.org/~ramon/jfk/Vimeo-Download-Button.jpg
> http://www.jfknumbers.org/~ramon/jfk/Vimeo-Download-Options.jpg

> I am paying for a "Pro" account which gives me/you an almost unlimited amount
> of storage. The bottleneck becomes how fast we can upload.

Actually, I have upgraded from "Free", to "Plus", to "Pro".

My/your/our video channel is now in the "Business" category.

As in, "We the JFK community, mean business!"

https://vimeo.com/upgrade

-Ramon
JFK Numbers (and movies)

Ramon F Herrera

Apr 24, 2019, 11:23:32โ€ฏPM4/24/19
to David Von Pein, claviger, Edward Bauer, Steve M. Galbraith, Pamela Brown
So, David, I am confused. You are sending mixed signals. You tell me one
thing in a private mail, then you say the opposite in public.

Are you a supporter of bringing your (flat earth) treasure trove to the
wonderful world of 3D?

The least gesture we (the JFK Numbers team of 3D designers) can do is
give you the privilege of selecting the first scene.

So, what do you say?

-Ramon
JFK Numbers

#FreeTheBlueprints

ps: Oh, I forgot something: do NOT select any photo where the presidential
limo appears. Why? Because you will have to sign the petition, hopefully
led by Pamela, to have the blueprints released to The People.

David Von Pein

Apr 25, 2019, 3:10:45โ€ฏPM4/25/19
On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 11:23:32 PM UTC-4, Ramon F Herrera wrote:

> So, David, I am confused. You are sending mixed signals. You tell me one
> thing in a private mail, then you say the opposite in public.
>
> Are you a supporter of bringing your (flat earth) treasure trove to the
> wonderful world of 3D?

Ramon,

When have I ever stated "in public" that I was not in favor of any of your
"JFK Numbers" projects (whatever they might be)? ~shrug~

If you want to create 3D models of some of the Dealey Plaza photographs,
go right ahead. I'm all for it. Sounds like a cool idea to me. And if any
of the photos on my websites will help you with any of your "3D modeling"
projects, go ahead and use them (keeping in mind the fact that I own none
of the copyrights on any of those photos)โ€”โ€”which are the
exact same things I told you in this November 25, 2018, e-mail:

"That would be great. I'm all for it. And if some of my photos (or videos)
on my sites can help you in that endeavor, feel free to use them all you
want. .... I'm all for it. I can't see any reason why I should be AGAINST
such a project. I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "the numerical parts
of the case", but, my ignorance aside, if additional information
concerning the events of 11/22/63 can be gleaned by the "best
universities" in America (or abroad), then I'm certainly in favor of it.
Good luck." -- 11/25/2018 E-Mail From DVP To Ramon Herrera

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-SKO8CFmsk3I/XMC1nXPHgJI/AAAAAAABRM8/I5up2GqGtpsqt3-3jJgWQT_Cuy3lD8mHACLcBGAs/s3000-h/Emails-From-DVP-To-Ramon-F-Herrera-November-25-2018.png

David Von Pein

Apr 25, 2019, 3:11:07โ€ฏPM4/25/19
On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 11:23:32 PM UTC-4, Ramon F Herrera wrote:

> The least gesture we (the JFK Numbers team of 3D designers) can do is
> give you the privilege of selecting the first scene.
>
> So, what do you say?

How about this one below? A detailed 3D model of this 11/22/63 aerial
photograph (with accuracy to within "3 millimeters", per Ramon Herrera's
4/22/2019 estimate) would be interesting to see:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6kYzhJGqq2M/TPi0AANsdUI/AAAAAAAAHW8/eP54j25pN70/s1600/AerialViewOfDealeyPlazaOn11-22-63.jpg

John McAdams

Apr 26, 2019, 9:10:28โ€ฏPM4/26/19
On 24 Apr 2019 00:25:13 -0400, David Von Pein <davev...@aol.com>
>?
>
>Personally, I like Windows Movie Maker very much. It's a pretty basic,
>no-frills program, but it's always worked fine for me and it has
>everything I really need --- even the older versions which I'm now forced
>to use when I get a new computer, due to the fact that new versions of WMM
>have unfortunately been discontinued by Microsoft.

I don't particularly like excessively complex and difficult-to-learn
software when what I have to do is simple.

Mostly, I've just been using it to take your longer videos and cut out
key segments to use in PowerPoint slides I use and class, and upload
for the students to study.

>The biggest negative
>thing about WMM is the fact that it won't let you import MP4 videos into
>the interface. So I've always got to convert all of my MP4 files into WMVs
>so they'll be compatible with "Windows" (WMM). And I would guess that you
>too, John, have had to convert some of my MP4s into WMVs first, before you
>were able to use the files inside WMM, right?

Pretty much all the stuff I've edited so far has been in older
formats. Especially, all the stuff your have uploaded is in formats
that MovieMaker can handle.

MovieMaker outputs MP4, which is good because, if one puts something
online, browsers now have native MP4 support. Instead of calling up
Flash, a simple HTML command shows video.

>BTW --- I'm going to forgive you (this time), John, for getting the name
>wrong of the best JFK assassination documentary ever produced. The proper
>title of David L. Wolper's stellar 1964 motion picture is, of course,
>"Four Days In November" (not "Four Days In Dallas"). ?
>
>http://Four-Days-In-November.blogspot.com

I knew that!

>BTW #2 --- Speaking of the "Four Days" Wolper film, here's something else
>that might be of some use to you, John ่ฆง A few years ago
>I culled various highlights from the film and put them on this webpage....
>
>http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2014/11/four-days-in-november-re-created-scenes.html
>
>The highlights include the "re-creations" which Wolper filmed with some of
>the witnesses (such as Buell Wesley Frazier, Linnie Mae Randle, and
>William Whaley).

Yes, those recreations are bona fide primary source documents, and
invaluable for teaching purposes.

I show the first hour and 15 minutes of "Four Days in November" in
class, to introduce students to the lone assassin viewpoint.

And I have them watch (in the evening) all of "JFK."

.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

Allan G. Johnson

Apr 26, 2019, 9:19:50โ€ฏPM4/26/19
Perfect response to Ramon, facts and truth. That photo of Dealey
Plaza, not your photo, just a post, cannot be of the afternoon on Nov. 22,
1963. There are no people, police, newsmedia on the streets that were
there during the motorcade and after the shooting, just routine traffic.

Ramon F Herrera

Apr 26, 2019, 9:20:46โ€ฏPM4/26/19
to Anthony Marsh
On 4/25/2019 2:10 PM, David Von Pein wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 24, 2019 at 11:23:32 PM UTC-4, Ramon F Herrera wrote:
>
>> So, David, I am confused. You are sending mixed signals. You tell me one
>> thing in a private mail, then you say the opposite in public.
>>
>> Are you a supporter of bringing your (flat earth) treasure trove to the
>> wonderful world of 3D?
>>

> Ramon,
>
> When have I ever stated "in public" that I was not in favor of any of your
> "JFK Numbers" projects (whatever they might be)? ~shrug~

I stand corrected David, thanks for keeping me honest. Since you stated
that you could not understand my posts (which part? ask away!), I
immediately assumed: "How can a person support something he does not
understand?"

In short, my projects involve creating extremely detailed, accurate 3D
models (of craniums and Plazas). Since you are the master of
photographs, the project described below is one in which you could be
interested to contribute:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.assassination.jfk/cOd023uLvgU/olSe710gAgAJ

In a nutshell, my long term plan is to replicate this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gpc1XMupQ5I

Instead of a luxury transatlantic, it will be an 8-story building,
filled with detailed objects.

This is some of what I have so far:

https://vimeo.com/330269922#t=42sec

As you can see, so far, it is mostly indoors.

Once an accurate 3D model is ready, the possibilities are unlimited:
simulations, videos, on demand, etc.

-Ramon
JFK Numbers

David Von Pein

Apr 27, 2019, 5:56:18โ€ฏPM4/27/19
On Friday, April 26, 2019 at 9:10:28 PM UTC-4, John McAdams wrote:
> MovieMaker outputs MP4, which is good because, if one puts something
> online, browsers now have native MP4 support. Instead of calling up
> Flash, a simple HTML command shows video.

Well then, John, we must be talking about two different video editors with
the name "Movie Maker". Because all of the versions of Windows Movie Maker
that I have ever used do not output MP4 files. WMM only renders and saves
videos in Windows Media Video (.WMV) format.

But maybe you're using a newer version of WMM. I'm using Version 2.6.

John McAdams

Apr 27, 2019, 6:06:33โ€ฏPM4/27/19
On 27 Apr 2019 17:56:17 -0400, David Von Pein <davev...@aol.com>
wrote:
I have version 16.4.3528.0331.

Dated: 2012.

I'm running it under Windows 8.1.

My copy does import MP4.

.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

David Von Pein

Apr 27, 2019, 6:07:18โ€ฏPM4/27/19
You're wrong about that, Allan. This picture was definitely taken on the
afternoon of 11/22/63:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_6kYzhJGqq2M/TPi0AANsdUI/AAAAAAAAHW8/eP54j25pN70/s1600/AerialViewOfDealeyPlazaOn11-22-63.jpg

Take note of the various Dallas police cars parked up on the sidewalk on
the north side of Elm Street, which matches some of the other photos that
were also taken on November 22nd:

http://kennedy-photos.blogspot.com/2012/06/kennedy-gallery-079.html

BTW, that particular photograph of Dealey Plaza and its "November 22"
caption can be found on page 350 of Richard Trask's outstanding 1994 book,
"Pictures Of The Pain", where Trask also explains that the photo was a
series of aerial shots taken "some time in mid-afternoon on that Friday"
(Nov. 22nd) by a photographer named Jerry Cabluck.

recip...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2019, 9:03:32โ€ฏPM4/27/19
On Sunday, April 21, 2019 at 9:29:42 PM UTC-5, John McAdams wrote:
> Your videos have been my salvation in my JFK class this semester.
>
> Marquette has removed the ability to play VHS tapes in classrooms. So
> a lot of good footage I had on those tapes was no longer usable.
>
> But I found the footage I need -- mostly the two 60s CBS
> documentaries, and the 1993 Frontline documentary -- on your site.
>
> The current DVD of the Frontline documentary has key footage cut out,
> especially the Odio material, but other stuff too.
>
> So kudos for your efforts.

Let me join the dogpile and congratulate DVP on the
wonderful collection of audio and video that he's
managed to assemble. There is nothing else out there
like it.

David Von Pein

Apr 28, 2019, 1:48:13โ€ฏPM4/28/19
Ten-Four.
Roger.
And Wilco.

> .John
> -----------------------
> http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

David Von Pein

May 21, 2019, 6:27:20โ€ฏPM5/21/19

David Von Pein

Dec 30, 2019, 11:29:07โ€ฏPM12/30/19

jecorb...@yahoo.com

Dec 31, 2019, 2:06:26โ€ฏPM12/31/19
Great find having all 26 episodes of the original Home Run Derby. I
remember we discovered it early in its run and would watch it every week.
As I recall, Hank Aaron had the longest run as champion. In Omaha, it
aired on Wednesday nights at 10:30 following the late night news in the
summer of 1960. I recall being very disappointed one night when it got
preempted because the Republican Convention ran overtime. It was my first
introduction to Richard Nixon and not a very favorable one.

When the Classic Sports cable channel started up, Home Run Derby was one
of their staples. It later became ESPN Classic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Run_Derby_%28TV_series%29

According to this story, it actually began running in syndication in
January of 1960 but our local channel didn't start running it until later
that summer. One of the ironic things is that Mark Scott, who was both the
producer and the announcer of the program, had died of a heart attack
shortly after the program began airing so we were listening to a dead man
for all those episodes without even knowing that. I just learned that a
few years ago.