certificate verify failed during authenticate in databasedotocom

wan

Jul 28, 2012, 10:03:27 PM7/28/12
to activesa...@googlegroups.com
hi,

when i use SFDC Bulk api and CURL, i need to use option -k (below), in order to avoid error below.

OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError: SSL_connect returned=1 errno=0 state=SSLv3 read server certificate B: certificate verify failed

I have the same error, while doing authentication using client.authenticate (client is an instance of Databasedotcom::Client)

Any idea?

Thanks,
wan

-k, --insecure

(SSL) This option explicitly allows curl to perform "insecure" SSL connections and transfers. All SSL connections are attempted to be made secure by using the CA certificate bundle installed by default. This makes all connections considered "insecure" fail unless -k, --insecure is used.

Raymond Gao (personal)

Jul 30, 2012, 3:11:10 AM7/30/12
to activesa...@googlegroups.com
That is a SSL error. Do you have a valid certificate? Otherwise, you can specify option to override the SSL certificate checking. I believe it is in the Rail's startup script. Can someone else also verify?

-Ray