help with parent's birth location on daughter's baptism

familyfra...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2015, 12:58:37 AM3/24/15
to azo...@googlegroups.com
I am having trouble figuring out if the parents of Aldina Pereira (no 121) in her baptism record are from same parish.  link below.

Thank you
Amy Francis

Cheri Mello

Mar 24, 2015, 1:13:37 AM3/24/15
to Azores Genealogy
Amy F,
11 lines from the bottom.....
(from domestica; hyphened from line above)...
-mestica, naturaes (estado?) Santis-
simo Salvador do something de lu-
gar da Ribeirinha onde foram
receibidos....

So it says that they are natives of Santissimo Salvador of the place of Ribeirinha where they where married...

Because I've never researched there, I went to the Azores GenWeb and pointed to Maps and picked Sao Miguel.  Then I searched for Ribeirinha and found out that the church is indeed Santissmo Salvador.  And that Kathy is missing the link to the CCA for that church.  That's OK, it seems like you know how to find those records.

Happy hunting,
Cheri

--
For options, such as changing to List, Digest, Abridged, or No Mail (vacation) mode, log into your Google account and visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/Azores. Click in the blue area on the right that says "Join this group" and it will take you to "Edit my membership."
---

Cheri Mello
Listowner, Azores-Gen
Researching: Vila Franca, Ponta Garca, Ribeira Quente, Ribeira das Tainhas, Achada

Richard Francis Pimentel

Mar 24, 2015, 8:45:13 AM3/24/15
to azo...@googlegroups.com

I have the grandparents in my data base. I am on my way out to do some errands but will get the information when I return. The grandparents are in the Santissimo Salvador Records.

Rick

Richard Francis Pimentel

Epping, NH

familyfra...@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2015, 12:48:01 PM3/24/15
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!  I am having trouble reading handwriting, but slowly getting use to it.  This was a great help.
Amy

Richard Francis Pimentel

Mar 24, 2015, 1:57:39 PM3/24/15
to azo...@googlegroups.com

Antonio Amaral Pereira married Maria de Paivao in Santissimo Salvador Church on 15 Nov 1886 (Page number 10 marriage number 13 for the year 1886, CCA image number 0011)

His father is from the Parish of NS Anunciacao in Achada Grande and his Mother is from NS Estrella I have not traced this line further.

Jose Jacinto Moreira is the son of Joao Jacinto Moreira and Florinda Maxima. Jose was born before 26 Apr 1833. He married Maria Espirito Santo on 5 Feb 1866 in Santissimo Salvador Church (Marriage number 1 for the year 1866 )He married second to Maria Augusta on 23 Apr 1883 in Santissimo Salvador Church (Marriage number 11 for the year 1883 ) His parents Joao Jacinto Moreira and Florinda Maxima were married in NS Estrela. They were married on 13 Dec 1830 (See Estrela marriages book 1828- Page 49 CCA image 0051)

I hope this helps.

Rick

Richard Francis Pimentel

Epping, NH

familyfra...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2015, 12:58:48 AM3/25/15
to azo...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for these records.  I cannot wait to look into them some more.
Amy Francis