GE review times

Tomasz Makarewicz

Feb 1, 2012, 7:54:46 PM2/1/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
Just wanted to check with people what review times do they get for GE?
I thought Jan mentioned recently that GE updates the status pretty much on daily basis, but I have number of panos that have been selected for 360cities weeks ago and the GE status is still "Not yet reviewed":
http://www.360cities.net/image/bluff-knoll-over-the-edge-australia
http://www.360cities.net/image/stirling-range-first-arrow-narrow-col-australia
http://www.360cities.net/image/stirling-range-third-arrow-central-gully-australia
http://www.360cities.net/image/stirling-range-exposed-corner-at-pyungoorup-peak-australia
http://www.360cities.net/image/stirling-range-ellen-peak-australia

Jan, could you please advise?
Thanks
Tom

Jan Vrsinsky | 360cities.net

Feb 6, 2012, 5:19:48 AM2/6/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas

What I said was correct at the end of last year. We had updates almost on a daily basis. Our technology allows that.

Unfortunately, the updates always depend on a human factor as well and due to the "out of office" time of some key people in the Google Earth team in Google, the updates are not run as often as we would all like to see. It has been like that since the beginning of January and I really hope the updates will get regular as soon as possible.

HighDesertView

Feb 6, 2012, 9:19:12 AM2/6/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
I wonder if Tomasz meant the time between posting and being accepted on 360cities and being reviewed for acceptance on Google Earth?  There are two waiting periods before getting onto Google Earth, right?  1) Reviewed by 360cities staff ("Not yet reviewed") and 2) Loading into GE by GE servers.

Jan talked about #1 and the delay times several months ago:

My own experience on a non-pro (Free!) account is that #1 can take anywhere from as a short as 1 week's time to 6 to 8 weeks.  After that, #2 now seems to happen within days, though there seems to be some delay when swapping a photo.  I don't think a photo swap is involved here.

Jan Vrsinsky | 360cities.net

Feb 7, 2012, 4:21:46 AM2/7/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Ahh, my bad.

Thomasz was talking about the GE status still "Not yet reviewed", the #1. This means nobody has yet looked at your pano. If you have a free account this can take weeks as there are usually thousands of panos in the review queue and the review is done only 1-2 times a month for free accounts in a batch.

The #2, the GE update to Google's servers, usually takes only 24 hours, except when it takes longer, as explained in my previous email.

Jan

Tomasz Makarewicz

Feb 7, 2012, 9:48:17 PM2/7/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Jan,

I have "trusted member" status and soon as published, my panos are given "Selected" in 360cities status, which I believe is what you refer to as #1
Not sure if that still requires my panos to be reviewed by 360cities staff?
My problem is that the GE status (#2) has been "Not yet reviewed" for over a month now, which is why it raised my concerns as you have just confirmed again that GE review times are in the range of days not weeks.
The only thing I can think of is that despite 360cities status being set to "Selected" thanks to "trusted member", it still requires to be ticked off by 360cities guy before it can be submitted to GE review?
Or the GE guys are slackers...

Please advise

Tom

Jan Vrsinsky | 360cities.net

Feb 8, 2012, 10:28:02 AM2/8/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tomasz

I better start over describing the whole process:

1. You upload a pano
2. We need to review it for 360Cities, Google Earth and Business status

This takes days for 360Cities and weeks for Google Earth. If you already have your trusted status you bypass the 360Cities review but we still need to view your pano for Google Earth. This, indeed, can take weeks and sometimes over a month. For paid accounts we guarantee this will take maximum of 7 days.

3. When your pano is selected for 360Cities, it can appear in search, map, nearby panos, Nokia Maps, etc.

4. When your pano is finally selected for Google Earth, it can appear in Google Earth, however the syncing takes additional hours of days.

I hope it's clear now.

Why don't you send me links to your panos and I will look at them now.

Tomasz Makarewicz

Feb 8, 2012, 9:46:02 PM2/8/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com

Jan Vrsinsky | 360cities.net

Feb 9, 2012, 10:30:31 AM2/9/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
They are all accepted for Google Earth now. Awesome panos!!

Tomasz Makarewicz

May 13, 2012, 8:57:02 AM5/13/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jan,

Would you mind taking a look at the links below and review those panos for GE? I would very much appreciate it as it's been a month that they've been waiting for GE review now.
http://www.360cities.net/image/windy-harbour-cliffs-australia
http://www.360cities.net/image/west-cape-howe-cliffs-australia
http://www.360cities.net/image/windy-harbour-the-window-australia
http://www.360cities.net/image/west-cape-howe-the-old-man-australia

Thanks heaps!!!
Tom

Jan Vrsinsky | User Advocate, 360Cities

May 14, 2012, 5:06:46 AM5/14/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Done

Wow, amazing panos!

Especially this one! did you use a pole?

Tomasz Makarewicz

May 15, 2012, 7:13:05 AM5/15/12
to 360Cities Community
Thanks Jan,
...and thanks for words of appreciation - perhaps it deserves "editors
picks" tag? there's not too many from Australia, so it would help the
stats ;)

Yes, I used 7-meter pole for all four, but only extended it to about 5
so it wasn't as wobbly (used it in horizontal position). I started
shooting mostly with pole cause' it gives much better POVs - now I
want to go even further and assemble a quadcopter UAV to shoot from
higher POV. But that's still few months and $k's away...

Calvin McDonald

May 19, 2012, 8:30:23 PM5/19/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Jan:

Just curious if there is a way to tell if my waiting panos have been overlooked, or if they are experiencing a normal wait.
I have one that has been waiting 8 weeks.

Thanks
Calvin

Jan Vrsinsky | User Advocate, 360Cities

May 21, 2012, 5:26:30 AM5/21/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
This is unfortunately a normal waiting time now. I'm now taking steps to prevent this. Sorry about the wait, this is unacceptable.

Jan Vrsinsky | User Advocate, 360Cities

May 23, 2012, 1:27:48 PM5/23/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
All panoramas are now reviewed for Google Earth. There are no panoramas remaining in the queue now, even for free account.

Jan

Marcelo Botta

May 25, 2012, 9:04:19 AM5/25/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com