TechCom Meeting 2020-07-08

Kate Chapman

Jul 12, 2020, 10:47:17 PM7/12/20
to Architecture Forum

Notes from TechCom's triage meeting on 8 July 2020.

Present:  Daniel, Dan, Timo, Niklas, Kate, Roan

Topic https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T255803
  • Timo: clarified wording around hard depreciation and fixed some typos over the past 2 weeks.

  • Core Platform currently committing with the old syntax. The new policy requires minor changes.. Need to do a find-and-replace before the branch cut.

  • RFC Accepted.

Topic https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T251641
  • Accepting use of <span> needs to be clear in the task description to go on last call.

  • RFC on last call.

Topic Securely Using NPM Packages
  • Who is responsible for the security of packages like this?

  • Where is the boundary between experimentation and production use? Difference between prototype, Proof of Concept and “this is the way we have been doing it for 2 years”

  • Services also use NPM in a way we might want to revise. Different from Reading Web extensions.

    • Difference is doesn’t obfuscate code