Issue 559 in webp: Invalid (?) characters cause error

瀏覽次數:35 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

james… via monorail

未讀,
2022年2月22日 晚上10:17:102022/2/22
收件者:webp-d...@webmproject.org
Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 559 by james...@gmail.com: Invalid (?) characters cause error
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=559

the prebuild cwebp does not seems to handle file with special characters in name, for example:

'special char ♥ in name.png'

Someone suggests that it might be due to the prebuild binary is not built with unicode enabled.

---
versions:
cwebp 1.2.2 from https://developers.google.com/speed/webp/docs/precompiled
Windows11 21H2 Build 22000.493 x86_64

---
Please also see the original post for more information and screenshot
https://groups.google.com/a/webmproject.org/g/webp-discuss/c/EorwHzzfSy4

1. The project was configured to send all issue notifications to this address

https://bugs.chromium.org/hosting/settings

ygu… via monorail

未讀,
2022年2月23日 下午1:47:042022/2/23
收件者:webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #1 on issue 559 by ygu...@google.com: Invalid (?) characters cause error
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=559#c1

Reading arguments from a file is a unavailable feature in Windows Unicode libwebp binaries:
https://chromium.googlesource.com/webm/libwebp/+/0fa0ea5488ab37f229b42c363c73c4bae3d90386/examples/example_util.c#94
If I remember correctly, it was deemed too much work to implement properly.

james… via monorail

未讀,
2022年2月23日 下午6:27:472022/2/23
收件者:webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #2 on issue 559 by james...@gmail.com: Invalid (?) characters cause error
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=559#c2

Sorry I don't quite understand that, the C code and what is reading arguments from a file. Do you mean by 'Windows Unicode libwebp binaries' that the currently windows binaries are Unicode enabled?

jz… via monorail

未讀,
2022年2月23日 晚上7:32:212022/2/23
收件者:webp-d...@webmproject.org
Updates:
Labels: 1.2.3 OpSys-Windows
Owner: jz...@google.com

Comment #3 on issue 559 by jz...@google.com: Invalid (?) characters cause error
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=559#c3

> Reading arguments from a file is a unavailable feature in Windows Unicode libwebp binaries:

Thanks for the reminder, Yannis. This issue was taking the file from the command line, though. Building with UNICODE=1 (Makefile.vc) works. I'll set this when building the release binaries for 1.2.3.

ygu… via monorail

未讀,
2022年2月24日 凌晨4:23:502022/2/24
收件者:webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #4 on issue 559 by ygu...@google.com: Invalid (?) characters cause error
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=559#c4

> Do you mean by 'Windows Unicode libwebp binaries' that the currently windows binaries are Unicode enabled?

No, they are not. The binaries listed at https://storage.googleapis.com/downloads.webmproject.org/releases/webp/index.html
are not Unicode-enabled for Windows up to 1.2.2. I was saying that it was disabled, and the reason is likely because there is a
missing feature when it is enabled. However it is not very important: you can pass the path of a file containing the arguments
given to cwebp, rather than passing the arguments directly to cwebp.

> I'll set this when building the release binaries for 1.2.3.

Great, thanks.

james… via monorail

未讀,
2022年2月24日 晚上7:58:562022/2/24
收件者:webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #5 on issue 559 by james...@gmail.com: Invalid (?) characters cause error
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=559#c5

Thanks yguyon for being kind to explain that for me. It's interesting to learn it works in another way.

Also thank you to jz. Nice to know you've tested it and are going to fix it at the next release. I appreciate it much!

jz… via monorail

未讀,
2022年7月25日 中午12:59:172022/7/25
收件者:webp-d...@webmproject.org

Comment #7 on issue 559 by jz...@google.com: Invalid (?) characters cause error
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/detail?id=559#c7

The binary builds in 1.2.3 have unicode enabled. I'll leave this bug open to track the remainder of the work which is supporting unicode characters in a command file.
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息