Invalid (?) characters cause error

Elypha

Feb 22, 2022, 7:15:58 AM2/22/22
to WebP Discussion
Hello,

I just noticed that cwebp does not seem to handle special characters correctly. I'm not sure if it has something to do with my system or console but here's how I reproduce.

ss_2022-02-22_08-00-21.png

James Zern

Feb 22, 2022, 10:02:18 PM2/22/22
to WebP Discussion
On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 4:15 AM Elypha <jamesi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I just noticed that cwebp does not seem to handle special characters correctly. I'm not sure if it has something to do with my system or console but here's how I reproduce.

Thanks for the report. Are you using the prebuilt release binaries or a local build? The prebuilts may not have unicode enabled. Can you file a bug to help track this? https://bugs.chromium.org/p/webp/issues/entry.

ss_2022-02-22_08-00-21.png

Elypha

Feb 23, 2022, 12:36:26 AM2/23/22
to WebP Discussion, James Zern
Thank you for following up. It's a prebuild binary, I forgot to mention. Does it mean it's not built with unicode for some certain purpose? But anyway I will report that thank you

James Zern

Feb 23, 2022, 1:20:21 PM2/23/22
On Tuesday, February 22, 2022 at 9:36:26 PM UTC-8 Elypha wrote:
Thank you for following up. It's a prebuild binary, I forgot to mention. Does it mean it's not built with unicode for some certain purpose? But anyway I will report that thank you

There's not a great reason, just an oversight on my part. I'll test the unicode build and use that in the next release.