Error running FiNRT

Adam Rupe

Dec 31, 2022, 4:04:58 PM12/31/22
to ACPF Forum
Hi - Has anyone here tried running the new FiNRT toolbox for Iowa (beta version 1)? I'm trying to run the second tool (Conservation Scenario), but keep getting error message below.  Do you have any idea on what this might be? I’m not versed in Python, and this is my first time using ArcGIS Pro, so hopefully I’m just running into a silly user error!

 Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Start Time: Saturday, December 31, 2022 2:30:16 PM

Running script 2. ACPF Financials: Analyze Conservation Scenario N Load Reduction...

Failed script 2. ACPF Financials: Analyze Conservation Scenario N Load Reduction...

Traceback (most recent call last):  File "C:\Users\arupe\Documents\ACPF\ACPF_FiNRT_b1IA\byField_FinancialAnalysis2020Pro_IA.py", line 19, in <module>    from arcpy import metadata as mdImportError: cannot import name 'metadata'

Failed to execute (acpfFinancials2).

Failed at Saturday, December 31, 2022 2:30:17 PM (Elapsed Time: 0.39 seconds)

David James

Jan 2, 2023, 9:23:01 AM1/2/23
to Adam Rupe, ACPF Forum
Hi Adam
What version of Pro are you running?

Dave James

--
The ACPF Forum is an online group for discussing technical issues related to using the ACPF tools. Anyone can view the discussions at https://groups.google.com/a/umn.edu/d/forum/acpf-group. Only members can participate in discussions. Join the group by sending an email to acpf-group...@umn.edu
---

David James

Jan 2, 2023, 6:27:44 PM1/2/23
to Adam Rupe, ACPF Forum
Hi Adam
The error you posted suggested that the metadata module was not found. This is a fairly recent addition to Pro, so it is likely that this module was not available at your version. I would strongly encourage you to upgrade. Because the metadata handling, there are some significant improvements in newer versions.

Let me know if the problem persists.

Dave James

On Mon, Jan 2, 2023, 5:16 PM Adam Rupe <rupe...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Dave,

Thank you for getting back to me.

 It looks like I’m using version 2.2.4.

 Do you recommend I update? I think it’s telling me version 3.0.3 is available.

Thanks!

Adam

Adam Rupe

Jan 3, 2023, 2:21:44 PM1/3/23
to ACPF Forum, deja...@gmail.com, ACPF Forum, Adam Rupe
Hi Dave,

Thank you for the suggestion and help!

Upgrading definitely helped out – the tool is now running. However, several of the BMP scenarios will not run and are giving me differing error messages. Below is a list of what will run successfully or won’t, and attached are the error messages. Hopefully you can see some sort of pattern or simple fix here?

My goal, currently, is to still match the outputs for the example Iowa Watershed, but several of the BMPs for the scenarios in that example aren’t working.

 Working:

  • Cover Crops (Rye)
  • Nutrient Removal Wetlands
  • Drainage Water Management

 Not Working:

  • Bioreactors
  • Contour Buffer Strips
  • Saturated Buffers
  • Riparian Buffers
  • Grassed Waterways

Thank you in advance!

FiNRT Errors.docx

David James

Jan 3, 2023, 5:04:17 PM1/3/23
to Adam Rupe, ACPF Forum
Hi Adam
I found this to be the issue for several of these errors. ACPF requires an Advanced license, especially the Spatial Analyst functionality.

ERROR 000824: The tool is not licensed.

I think you should consider an upgrade to a current version of ArcGIS Pro with the appropriate modules in place.

Dave

Adam Rupe

Jan 4, 2023, 12:56:43 PM1/4/23
to ACPF Forum, deja...@gmail.com, ACPF Forum, Adam Rupe

Hi Dave,

 I got an advanced license and turned on the spatial analysist extension – that got all but 2 of the BMP scenarios working!

 The saturated buffers and riparian buffers scenarios still won’t run. I’ve been trying to trouble shoot the saturated buffers first, and I’m getting the same error message now for all 4 input combinations I’ve tried. I’ve tried joining the saturated buffer table with both the riparian catchment feature class and the RAP feature classes, and have exported the joins to a new feature class. I’ve tried running the BMP scenario with the new feature class with no luck, and I’ve also tried converting it to a shapefile and then running it – also with no luck.

 The error messages all seem to end with: ERROR 000539: Invalid field RAP071000040801_riparianid

 (see attached error messages w/ input scenario information)

 Thank you for continuing to help me work through this.... hopefully we about have everything solved!

FiNRT Errors 2.docx

David James

Jan 4, 2023, 12:58:22 PM1/4/23
to Adam Rupe, ACPF Forum
H Adam
Let me think about this. I have seen this issue before.

Dave