Synchronizing data from Multiple CA with different desktop administrators

26 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Horris Wanyama Wanyama

ungelesen,
17.06.2021, 07:28:2117.06.21
an SMART Community Forum
Hi All,

I am managing data from several (>20) conservation areas (CAs) being synchronised by different administrators under one SMART Connect instant. I want to create a single monthly report for all CAs using R markdown that incorporates information from all CAs. However, I have not found a way to export the results of queries for multiple CAs simultaneously.

Is there any way to do this?

I understand that I can select 'Sync multiple Conservation Areas with SMART Connect' in advanced options. However, have not found a way to sync multiple CAs without preventing the administrators of individual CAs from syncing the same data to their SMART desktop.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Many thanks in advance!

Horris

Matt Hron

ungelesen,
22.06.2021, 13:20:3222.06.21
an Horris Wanyama Wanyama, SMART Community Forum
Hi Horris,
It sounds like you might want to create and use a CCAA (Cross Conservation Area Analysis). This allows you to run queries against multiple conservation areas all together, assuming the data model is consistent across them. To do so, you will need an admin account in each of those conservation areas. That way, you would have access to all of the CAs and be able to query them simultaneously through the CCAA, but the individual CA admins would only have access to their own CA. There some good introductory information related to CCAAs in the thread here:

Regards,
Matt

This email (and any attachment) is intended only for the attention of the addressee(s).  Its unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.
If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all copies and inform the sender by return e-mail or telephone +254 (0) 20 800 2975.

Matt Hron
Director of Product and Customer Success
Wildlife Protection Solutions
Skype: matthew.hron

Horris Wanyama Wanyama

ungelesen,
22.06.2021, 13:25:1822.06.21
an Matt Hron, SMART Community Forum
Hi Matt,
Nice to hear from you again in this forum.

Thanks for this, let me give it a try...if I don't succeed do you mind if I get reach you on a separate email?

Thanks

Regards,

Horris
Allen antworten