CCAA Management with Connect

Cronin, Drew T

Jan 7, 2021, 9:17:51 AM1/7/21
to SMART Community Forum

Colleagues,

The following question was raised regarding Cross Conservation Area Analysis and its management. We have already flagged this an area that requires more documentation, though there some existing basic information available (e.g., basic overview video, this forum thread from late 2019).

Question

“I know I’ve asked this several times, but it just doesn’t still make sense to me OR work. I have several CAs for my site and a cross conservation CA with report templates etc for those CAs. How do I get that CCAA to another SMART desktop? Because you can’t download the CCAA from the server... even though it’s ON the server. And you can’t go syncing a CCAA that doesn’t match (ie if you start a blank smart desktop instance and import all the individual CAs one by one?”

Solution

You can download the CCAA from the Connect server. That is the best solution to the question being asked. To do this, you must:

  • Have at least 2 CAs installed on your desktop
  • Login to the existing/default CCAA
  • Then you should see the screenshot below.
  • When you select that option (“Download and Install CCAA from Connect…”) and put in your server details, etc., it will ask if you are sure you want to overwrite the existing CCAA on the desktop, so make sure anything in there is backed or exported before you overwrite it, then it will download the CCAA from the server onto that desktop.

image.png

Drew T. Cronin, Ph.D.
Associate Curator of International Conservation

North Carolina Zoo

Voice: +1-336-879-7409
Fax:
+1-336-879-2891
Email:
drew....@nczoo.org

Skype: drew.t.cronin

Web: NCZoo.org

Calendar

4401 Zoo Parkway

Asheboro, NC 27205

Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the

North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.

Facebook    Twitter    Instagram    YouTube