Can't Play in RV.

Tomasz Wyszołmirski

May 15, 2017, 11:45:55 AM5/15/17
to shotgun-dev
Hi guys,

I've been having some issues with RV and shotgun, but only on one station. This is the error I'm getting:

"
INFO: decoded URL 'rvlink:// -l -play -eval 'shotgun.theMode().setServerURLValue("https://dabarti.shotgunstudio.com");shotgun.sessionFromVersionIDs(int[] {9007});''
no backtrace available
INFO: eval returned: ERROR: attempted to reference unresolved symbol "" at Command line eval, line 1, char 74
"

It breaks only on one workstation - Ryzen based. Result is that RV doesn't fetch path to frames / movies. Just starts and shows nothing.

I don't know if it's related, but I had some very annoying issue with Deadline + Shotgun integration. I had crashes while trying to create new versions through Deadline. All I knew was that _ssl.pyd was causing the crash, but only on that new Ryzen 1700X based workstation. Thinkbox is looking into it on their end, but in the meantime the workaround is to change "https" into "http".

Best,

Michael

May 15, 2017, 12:34:23 PM5/15/17
to shotgun-dev
Hi Tomasz,

Thanks for posting.  Can you verify that you have "Screening Room for RV" enabled in the RV Preferences in the Packages tab?  Both the Installed and Load boxes should be checked.  After enabling both; restart RV and let me know if that fixes your issue.

Thanks,
-Kessler

Tomasz Wyszołmirski

May 15, 2017, 1:04:32 PM5/15/17
to shotgun-dev
Hi Micheal,

It didn't have Load checked-in... And it solved the issue :).

I don't remember having to switch it on before, but now I will keep it in mind.

Thanks for quick response and resolution.

Best,

Barry Liu

May 17, 2018, 7:54:40 PM5/17/18
to shotgun-dev
Sorry rehashing this old thread.

I did enabled Screening Room for RV but now I get this error message:

--------------------------------- shotgun localMode is nil!
0: __frame (void; ?, ?varargs)
INFO: eval returned: ERROR: nil argument to function
INFO: AJA: no devices found
--------------------------------- shotgun localMode is nil!

Any tips?

kes...@shotgunsoftware.com

May 17, 2018, 9:01:03 PM5/17/18
to shotgun-dev
Hi Barry,

I've just verified that's what happens when you don't also have the Shotgun Integration package enabled.   Turning that on (in addition to the Screening Room package) should get you going.

Let me know if that solves your problems!

Thanks,
-Kessler