DevBoards Program Meeting June 6, 2024

Greg Sterling

Jun 5, 2024, 9:21:37 AMJun 5
to RISC-V Development Board Program
All,

Our next meeting will be tomorrow, June 6, 2024 at 12:00 UTC.  Local times:
  • 8 PM China
  • 5:30 PM India Standard Time
  • 2 PM Central European Summer Time
  • 8 AM Eastern U.S. Daylight Time
  • 5 AM Pacific U.S. Daylight Time
Here's the meeting link to copy to your calendar:

The agenda will focus on standard topics:
  • Program updates from RISC-V
  • Board and Project updates
  • Future Board Program Discussion
  • What's cool? (time permitting)
Any topics, updates, or information can as always either be raised at the beginning of the meeting or by adding it to our agenda document, Dev Board Group Minutes.

Greg Sterling (RISC-V International)

Greg Sterling

Jun 10, 2024, 11:43:10 AMJun 10
to RISC-V Development Board Program
Welcome to our new and newer members today.  I hope you'll come back and join us again in the future.

As we have discussed, we will continue to include minutes and chat history from the meeting in our shared Meeting Document

Thanks everyone, and see you at the next meeting!

Greg Sterling (RISC-V International)

Attendees: Greg, Kanak, Hui-Zhi, Arthur, Felix, Daniel, Emil, Leon, Victor, Wei Fu, Carl, Peter, Axel, Isaac

Board Updates:

  • Milk-V:

    • Jupiter []

      • New product, from Chinese chip vendor

      • First batch is ready, Wei Fu will get it in the coming weeks and provide more information when ready

Program Updates:

What’s cool?:

Ephemeral Meeting Chat:

08:21:59 From Daniel Maslowski (IAOTAI) to Everyone:

https://lore.kernel.org/linux-pci/

08:24:44 From kanak shilledar (individual) to Everyone:

where can I find the current status of all the riscv soc what all peripherals are upstreamed and what is working? I came across this https://github.com/esmil/linux?tab=readme-ov-file#status

from Emil but it only has the status for JH7100 not for other SoCs

08:26:14 From Carl Perry (Indivdual) to Everyone:

Replying to "where can I find the..."

Sadly many of the vendors do not have public status boards for their upstream status. The rvspace wiki has that info for JH7110, but I am unaware of any others currently

08:27:16 From Carl Perry (Indivdual) to Everyone:

Replying to "where can I find the..."

wiki.rvspace.org/en/project/JH7110_Upstream_plan is the official StarFive tracking page for the JH7110

08:28:00 From Daniel Maslowski (IAOTAI) to Everyone:

yea we don't have a central tracker - would be nice if RVI had a dedicated page for that on the website, let's bring that up here later

08:28:52 From Emil Renner Berthing (Canonical) to Everyone:

There is also a google spreadsheet for the TH1520, but yeah, the information is very spread out according to the SoC

08:30:31 From kanak shilledar (individual) to Everyone:

Replying to "There is also a goog..."

can you please share the link for that spreadsheet

08:31:54 From Daniel Maslowski (IAOTAI) to Everyone:

For Allwinner, the community is doing the upstream work; tracker: https://linux-sunxi.org/Linux_mainlining_effort#Status_Matrix

08:41:21 From Emil Renner Berthing (Canonical) to Everyone:

Replying to "There is also a go..."

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WzTS8zJ9ZbmBz3CO-ApQPiAtg7gl_wJT2prRZQXDlqQ

08:42:25 From Felix Yan (Arch) to Everyone:

https://github.com/revyos/revyos/issues/17