Re-launch of the RISC-V DevBoard program

Jeff Scheel

Sep 21, 2022, 10:13:15 AM9/21/22
to RISC-V Developer Board Community
Hi, folks, as promised I wanted to bring you up to speed on what I've been calling our "re-launch" of the program.  In the spirit of continuous improvement, there have been a couple changes recently I'd like to share with you:
  1. The working group that manages the DevBoard Program (where the board vendors will work with distros and other community members) has been moved to a public community: RISC-V Development Board Program (Google Group link).  This should make the meeting more accessible to non-members and hopefully drive more collaboration.  We meet Thursday mornings (U.S. time), every 2 weeks (this week is a meeting).  Check out the archives for more details and feel free to join us.
  2. The DevBoard website has been re-worked and hopefully made more transparent and usable.  Instead of collecting all projects into a single form, each project will have their own form and people will choose their boards and apply during an "open" period on the site.  Please take a look and feel free to provide feedback either here or in the Program community (above).  The base link remains the same: https://riscv.org/risc-v-developer-boards/

    If you read this new site carefully, you'll also notice that I'm soliciting projects for more VisionFive V1 boards, for the V2 boards, and the recently announced ROMA laptops.
Thanks for all that you do for RISC-V.  Any additional insights into how we can continue to improve the program is always welcomed.
-Jeff

--
Jeff Scheel (he/him/his)
Linux Foundation, RISC-V Technical Program Manager