Agenda for 11/2

Mrunal Patel

Nov 2, 2016, 12:26:13 AM11/2/16
to dev
We could discuss any open issues for runtime/image specs.

Other specific topics and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
Mrunal

P.S. I won't be able to make it tomorrow as I will be at a conference.

W. Trevor King

Nov 2, 2016, 1:11:59 AM11/2/16
to Mrunal Patel, dev
On Tue, Nov 01, 2016 at 09:25:31PM -0700, Mrunal Patel wrote:
> We could discuss any open issues for runtime/image specs.

We had been planning on landing runtime-spec#513 and runtime-spec#518
by the end of the month. Last week, Mrunal called for a second LGTM
on #518 [1] and more review for #513 [2]. I'm happy to field
questions on either tomorrow if that would help with the review (but
I'm happy to field questions anytime if folks would rather post them
to the issues ;).

Other recently-active image-spec discussions include:

* Adding ‘Labels’ to image-spec's config format [3].
* Tooling and semantics around imageLayoutVersion [4,5].
* Supporting self-describing media types [6].

I looked through the open runtime-spec PRs, and nothing stood out at
me other than the console/command-line ones (#513 and #518). There
are a lot of open PRs and issues though, it would be good to get some
of those addressed (and at least either rejected or assigned a
milestone) before we get too deep into the 1.0 RCs. I'm not sure if
there's anything we can do about that during the weekly call, but
thought I'd bring it up in case anyone else has ideas :p.

Cheers,
Trevor

[1]: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opencontainers/2016/opencontainers.2016-10-26-21.01.log.html#l-70
[2]: http://ircbot.wl.linuxfoundation.org/meetings/opencontainers/2016/opencontainers.2016-10-26-21.01.log.html#l-74
[3]: https://github.com/opencontainers/image-spec/pull/371
[4]: https://github.com/opencontainers/image-spec/pull/414
[5]: https://github.com/opencontainers/image-spec/pull/434
[6]: https://github.com/opencontainers/image-spec/pull/411

signature.asc

Vincent Batts

Nov 2, 2016, 12:09:44 PM11/2/16
to Mrunal Patel, dev
Unfortunately, I have a conflict today.
Image-spec got a v1.0.0-rc2 tagged last week.

Do folks feel the runtime-spec is (finally) ready for getting an rc3
out?

vb

W. Trevor King

Nov 2, 2016, 12:15:30 PM11/2/16
to Vincent Batts, Mrunal Patel, dev
On Wed, Nov 02, 2016 at 12:09:42PM -0400, Vincent Batts wrote:
> On 01/11/16 21:25 -0700, Mrunal Patel wrote:
> > P.S. I won't be able to make it tomorrow as I will be at a
> > conference.
>
> Unfortunately, I have a conflict today.

You're both usually driving the conversation, so it might be a short,
quiet meeting today ;).

> Do folks feel the runtime-spec is (finally) ready for getting an rc3
> out?

I think we'd just been blocking this on #513 and #518 [1], although
neither has made it into the rc3 milestone [2].

Cheers,
Trevor

[1]: https://github.com/opencontainers/runtime-spec/issues/594#issuecomment-255763641
[2]: https://github.com/opencontainers/runtime-spec/milestone/12
signature.asc

Brandon Philips

Nov 2, 2016, 5:04:57 PM11/2/16
to dev
Hey-

So Crosby and I were the only two to show up after 5 minutes so we cancelled. Enjoy your 55 minutes.

Good to chat Crosby :-P

Brandon

Michael Crosby

Nov 2, 2016, 5:08:33 PM11/2/16
to Brandon Philips, dev
Yes, good chat but now that I think about it, kinda awkward if we were actually the only two people in the call.

Michael Crosby
@crosbymichael

Brandon Philips

Nov 2, 2016, 5:22:09 PM11/2/16