Track bikes $100

Mike Murray

Jun 16, 2022, 3:27:40 PM6/16/22
to OBRA remailer
Jen is selling the rental bikes from the velodrome as the velodrome is permanently closed and we no longer have storage there. The bikes are in all sizes from the 650c kids bikes to 60cm. They are entry level Fuji Track with more road like geometry and water bottles bolts. She is selling them for $100 each.

Mike Murray

Alex Zybin

Jun 16, 2022, 8:13:07 PM6/16/22
to Mike Murray, OBRA remailer
Hi Mike,

is it Ok if I will spread the word on Instagram?

Alex

On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 12:27 PM Mike Murray <mike....@obra.org> wrote:
Jen is selling the rental bikes from the velodrome as the velodrome is permanently closed and we no longer have storage there. The bikes are in all sizes from the 650c kids bikes to 60cm. They are entry level Fuji Track with more road like geometry and water bottles bolts. She is selling them for $100 each.

Mike Murray

Alex Zybin

Dennis Richardson

Jun 16, 2022, 8:13:08 PM6/16/22
to Mike Murray, OBRA remailer
It would be cool to see those bikes being used as rentals for Monday night PIR racing In hopes that The track field can grow and hopefully have more track bike events

On Thu, Jun 16, 2022 at 12:27 PM Mike Murray <mike....@obra.org> wrote:
Jen is selling the rental bikes from the velodrome as the velodrome is permanently closed and we no longer have storage there. The bikes are in all sizes from the 650c kids bikes to 60cm. They are entry level Fuji Track with more road like geometry and water bottles bolts. She is selling them for $100 each.

Mike Murray

Scott Scholz

Jun 16, 2022, 9:47:49 PM6/16/22
to Dennis Richardson, Mike Murray, OBRA remailer
Plus 1 on what Dennis said.

Kindly,
Scott

Sent from my iPhone

Marek Litinsky

Jun 16, 2022, 10:30:45 PM6/16/22
to Scott Scholz, Dennis Richardson, Mike Murray, OBRA remailer
Those bikes would be doing us all favor as rentals at PIR. Obviously there’s still that pesky liability/maintance/storage issue. But other than that it would be amazing.

On Jun 16, 2022, at 6:47 PM, Scott Scholz <clac...@gmail.com> wrote:

Plus 1 on what Dennis said.

Mike Murray

Jun 16, 2022, 11:55:29 PM6/16/22
to Dennis Richardson, OBRA remailer
I am in full agreement. Actually I would love to see them used for at least grass track racing so we can keep some sort of track racing alive while we try to get another velodrome. The catch is that there would need to be some sort of storage/transportation for these bikes and, more importantly, someone to put that together and operate it. So far no one has stepped forward to do that. In fact, the lack of someone to operate it is probably the biggest stumbling block in the way of replacing Alpenrose. If this message is reaching anyone that thinks they could do any of this it would be great to hear from you.

Currently the cost of storage of the bikes exceeds the value of the bikes. There is no compensating revenue to support that cost. There really is no current alternative to selling them. This is particularly bothersome as replacing them, should some viable program develop, will be far more difficult than it was to buy them initially.

Mike Murray

Mike Murray

Jun 16, 2022, 11:55:31 PM6/16/22
to Alex Zybin, OBRA remailer