Elementary moves to full-time in person learning April 5th

NAPS News

Jul 12, 2021, 8:38:18 PM7/12/21
to NAPS News

March 15, 2021 Update

This past Saturday, Greater Lawrence Family Health (GLFH) provided the first dose of the Covid-19 Vaccine to North Andover Public School educators and staff. We appreciate the work of GLFH Senior Vice President Rich Napolitano in coordinating this project and are thankful for Representative Christina Minicucci’s advocacy on behalf of all of our staff in North Andover. This is a great step forward in our work to bring all students back to school this spring.

On March 10th, the North Andover Public Schools posted the new Massachusetts DESE guidelines on a full return to in-person learning. NAPS Students in Grades K-5 will return fully in person 5 days a week starting on April 5th. The new regulations will allow NAPS to continue offering our On-Line Academy (OLA) for the remainder of the school year, but will eliminate any hybrid options as Elementary, Middle School and High School are phased in. NAPS will discontinue the hybrid model for elementary schools beginning Monday, April 5.

Principals will continue to provide more detailed information as plans develop. At the March 18th School Committee Meeting, we will be providing updates on grades K-5 return on April 5th  and updates on a full return to in-person learning at NAMS & NAHS.