New DESE Requirements for Student Learning Time

Zagarri, Beverly

Jan 8, 2021, 11:25:13 AM1/8/21
to NAPS News
January 8, 2021

Dear North Andover School students, parents and guardians,

Just prior to the winter break, the Massachusetts Department of Education’s Board voted in new requirements for educating our students during this pandemic. These changes must be in place for Tuesday January 19, 2021 and are legally binding.

Based on our predominant model, which is the Hybrid Model (vs Remote Model) we provide 35 hours of teaching time over a two week period.

In addition, now we must provide a daily live interaction with asynchronous students. This is to provide an opportunity for staff and students to connect every day.

Following this mandate, building principals will be sending further information this afternoon.

The full DESE Student Learning Time Regulations are attached.

slt-regulations-guide.docx

--
Bev Zagarri
Admin Assistant to the Superintendent