Weather Next Week & Planned Mosquito Control

NAPS News

Jul 12, 2021, 8:47:09 PM7/12/21
to NAPS News

Dear NAPS Community,

Please see the updates below regarding next week’s weather and planned mosquito control at NAHS.

Thank you for your continued support.

Gregg T. Gilligan

Weather

In anticipation of some hot days next week, I wanted to ask that you remind your child/children to come to school with sunscreen applied, a water bottle and dressed in lightweight clothing.   We will have students outside as much as possible under the shade of the tents.  Our food services department will provide water jugs and cups in case a child forgets their water bottle or needs additional water.  Our nurses will be available all day to monitor and support any student who is struggling with the heat.

As always, parents may exercise their right to keep a child home from school if they feel attendance will have a negative impact on their child’s health and/or well-being.

Mosquito Control at NAHS

The Town of North Andover, in accordance with our state-approved Integrated Pest Management Plan, will be applying a barrier spray to the perimeter of the High School and football stadium on June 10, 2021 and also applying an ultra-low volume adulticide on June 14, 2021, to control mosquito activity prior to Town Meeting and for the WNV/EEE season. The Department of Public Health advises that fields will be safe to use in the morning.  The schedule for spraying is as follows:

Date:      Barrier Spray - Thursday, June 10, 2021 between the hours of 8:00 pm to 12:00 am

               Adulticide - Monday, June 14, 2021 between the hours of 8:00 pm to 12:00 am

The Northeast Mosquito Control’s licensed pesticide applicator is in charge of the barrier and adulticide applications.  The barrier material to be applied is:  Suspend Polyzone (EPA Reg# 432-1514). Active Ingredient: Deltamethrin 4.75%. Suspend Ployzone is an effective barrier formulation that controls adult mosquitoes for up to 90 days.  The adulticide material to be applied is: Zenivex E4-RTU (EPA Reg# 2724-807). Active Ingredient: Etofenprox (CAS #80844-07-1) 4%. Zenivex E4 RTU mosquito adulticide is a high efficacy, reduced-risk adulticide that provides a quick, permanent knockdown and reliable control of adult mosquito populations in any mosquito habitat flying at the time of application. Neither product contains any synergist, therefore no Piperonyl Butoxide (PBO).

Additional information is linked below and hard copies of the documents will also be available at the Superintendent’s office 566 Main Street:

Pesticide Standard Written Notification

Suspend Polyzone Safety Data Sheet & Product Label

Zenivex E4-RTU Safety Data Sheet & Product Label

333 CMR 14.00:  An Act Protecting Children & Families from Harmful Pesticides

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to call the North Andover Public Health Director at 978 688-9540.