Governor's Announcement

1 view

NAPS News

Jul 12, 2021, 8:46:46 PM7/12/21
to NAPS News
Dear NAPS Community,

Consistent with the Governor’s announcement today, effective tomorrow, Tuesday, May 18, 2021, students no longer have to wear masks when outdoors. This updated guidance applies to recess, physical education, youth sports, and outdoor learning environments. Students are welcome to continue to wear a mask outdoors if they so choose. Adults must continue to wear masks outdoors if distancing cannot be maintained. At this time, adults and students must continue to wear masks indoors and on school buses. For all high school athletes, the mask mandate is still in place until further notice from MIAA and we expect to hear from them shortly.

This change was accompanied by additional easing of restrictions on the sharing of classroom materials and other existing COVID-related guidance. In the coming days principals will be following up with families on building specific issues as the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) interprets the new statements from the Governor’s Office.

It is likely that changes will continue to occur quickly, just as they did when we began implementing restrictions over a year ago. I appreciate your patience as we adjust to changing guidance.

As always, thank you for your continued support. We will keep you updated as more information becomes available.

Dr. Gregg T. Gilligan

Superintendent of Schools