Genre list for community archives

Norfolk Archives Network

Nov 3, 2021, 8:08:07 AM11/3/21
to Norfolk Archives Network
Dear all,

some groups have pointed out that the list of 'genres' in our cataloguing forms are not always suitable for community archives. This is because it was created by the Norfolk Record Office to reflect what it collects - mainly 'original' material

I have attached a list from the Norfolk Heritage Centre, which collects published records and ephemera, the type of material community archives are more likely to have.

Please feel free to use these genre terms as well as the existing genre list.

NHC Resources.docx

Elvie Herd

Nov 3, 2021, 8:43:30 AM11/3/21
to Norfolk Archives Network
thank you for this

have to admit we have used all the NRO lists sparingly
starting as we did a year ago and with little opportunity to work together
the Loddon cataloguers either left  the subject and genre  columns empty or used their common sense

Elvie
Loddon Parish Study