Labs at Makespace: proposal update

Jenny Molloy

Oct 25, 2022, 6:36:12 AM10/25/22
to Labs
Hi All

It was great to see many of you last Wednesday at the Labs at Makespace Meetup! For those of you who missed it, around ten of us started drafting a joint proposal for the electronics and biolab space we've been discussing for the last four months. It felt like discussion was starting to reach diminishing returns and consolidating what we'd discussed would be the most fruitful use of time, so we can continue to refine the proposal with input from other members.

The current plan is to give a heads up at the Members Meeting this week that this document is being drafted. Then it can be shared ahead of time for the Nov members meeting to get some more feedback.

Here is a link to the Makespace labs shared drive where the proposal docs are stored:

All members of the google group should have access but please request if not and feel free to leave comments, bearing in mind these are rough and incomplete drafts!

I'm stepping down from volunteering with Biomakespace and Makespace at the end of this week to give some much needed attention to various other commitments. I'll add what I can to the doc by then and wish you all the very best of luck with taking this forward :)

Jenny

Jenny Molloy

Nov 14, 2022, 7:23:34 PM11/14/22
to Labs
Hi All

Apologies for belatedly circulating this after offering to work on it in my last email. I consolidated the work from the last Labs at Makespace meetup into a document for editing at this week's Meetup on Wed 16 Nov at 18:30:

If you haven't RSVP'd yet, here is the link: https://www.meetup.com/makespace/events/289506712/
All contributions are welcomed! In the meantime, there are action points distributed throughout the text. There is a lot of other information that can be merged from previous documents, presentations and meetings that are all in the labs folder (all in this group should have access to this) and the Biomakespace integrations plans folder (which Katia and Roger have access to).

As mentioned before, I am not able to be involved past this point but I'm excited to see things continue. The Biomakespace labs are now packed up and ready to be unpacked again as soon as a place is found for them!
Thanks to Katia and Tony for hosting tomorrow's labs meetup and don't forget to hang on afterwards for Biomaker Meetup at 19:30 hosted by Richard Hopper! As always, there'll be a light dinner provided from Aromi.

-6310106113733975682 (1).jpg

Jenny