Notice of Proposals from Policy Manual Review Committee

Secretary LNC

Nov 28, 2022, 10:59:22 PM11/28/22
to lnc-business
Attached is a mark-up of the Policy Manual with changes passed by the Policy Manual
Review Committee this evening.  I am submitting this for any potential feedback before deciding how the motions will be presented or broken up, if at all.  We only dealt with Section 1: Special Rules of Order.

The changes primarily serve as:
Clarifying ambiguities
Tightening up language (i.e. there is a lot of places where language is deleted from one spot and added to a different spot where it makes more sense or deleting where the same thing is said multiple times)

The most substantive change is to abandon having two different auto-approval time windows for EC and LNC minutes but just making minutes, minutes, with the same auto-approval time frames for both.

We intend for these to be heard at the January e-meeting.

The Committee does intend upon meeting in December to propose changes to the Standing Rules.

That will complete the major work of the committee and we will serve as needed throughout the term.
In Liberty, Caryn Ann Harlos
LNC Secretary and LP Historical Preservation Committee Chair ~ 561.523.2250
Policy Manual Proposals.docx