Audition Updates / Extensions

Matthew Sadowski DMA

Jan 22, 2022, 10:24:38 PM1/22/22
to UCBWE
Greetings,

In the minor chaos generated by delaying in-person instruction for two weeks, it is understandable that some potential members were unaware of UCBWE auditions, or were unable to prepare one due to travel changes, instrument unavailability, and/or being out of the country. This describes many people already, and may describe you as well. If so and you would still like to audition for UCBWE (welcomed and encouraged), please write to me ASAP. Times are tough; we can help.

Thank you to all who have played/recorded your auditions. I am quite impressed by the general level of quality, and am as excited as ever to get started! As a reminder, all those who played/uploaded their audition by today will receive first consideration. If you are still trying to upload your audition, but are having issues, keep at it (if you can) for now, and let me know by tomorrow (Sunday) if you’re still having trouble. A/V files can be stubborn and Internet connections flaky; we know the feeling.

I will do my best to put out a placement list by tomorrow evening—but please lend me your patience if it is late or incomplete as we work to navigate a healthy assortment of unique, mostly minor disruptions to the beginning of the semester. Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Check these dates:
  1. Rehearsals begin on Monday, January 31 (WE I) and Tuesday, February 2 (WE II).
  2. There are no rehearsals January 24-27.
  3. Undergraduate Add/Drop deadline = Wednesday, February 9 (fees apply after 1/28 (drop) and 2/4 (add) – more info)
  4. Graduate Add/Drop deadline = Friday, February 18 (fees apply after 1/28 (drop) and 2/4 (add) – more info)
Best,
Matt Sadowski

Matthew Sadowski, DMA
Director of Bands
Interim Department Manager, Student Musical Activities
University of California, Berkeley
43 Chavez Center #4280
Berkeley, CA 94720-4280
Office: 510-643-9644