Initial Audition Results

UC Berkeley Wind Ensemble

Aug 29, 2022, 3:09:50 AM8/29/22
to UC Berkeley Wind Ensemble
Thank you to all who have auditioned for the UCBWE thus far. Initial audition results are available on the UCBWE website; please scroll to the bottom of the audition page and click the link under "Audition Results." As you will see, we need our brass-playing friends to come out of hiding! Please call/text the brass players in your life and show them some encouragement. :)

Flutists: We have a big, wonderful problem; there are so many of you (19!), and you all play very well. Unfortunately, we just can't accommodate anywhere near that many people in the ensemble—but, I would be willing to support a flute choir that would run parallel to UCBWE, either meeting at the same times or on its own schedule, assumedly earning units (will need to verify this with registrar) and performing on UCBWE concerts.  You would have a modest budget for repertoire. Getting alto/bass flutes would be a challenge, but could probably be done with a bit of persistence. It may be possible for some players to rotate back/forth between the flute choir and wind ensemble. This largely depends on if enough of you are excited and motivated enough to put independent effort into this and make this happen. I think it could be great! Let's talk about this at the beginning of rehearsal tomorrow.

Thank you once again to all who have auditioned. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Bears,
Matt