[URGENT] Final call for 1.25 Enhancements

Priyanka Saggu

Jun 20, 2022, 1:35:24 AM6/20/22
to d...@kubernetes.io

Hello Kubernetes community,

The Enhancements freeze is now little over four days away, on Thursday, June 23rd, 2022, at 18:00 PST. This is your final reminder about the 1.25 Enhancements freeze.

If you are expecting to enter an enhancement into 1.25 that has not yet been added to the 1.25 Enhancements tracking spreadsheet, please reach out to your sponsoring SIG as a matter of urgency to have them opt it in. If you have opted an enhancement to the release, please check the spreadsheet for the latest status:

  • "Tracked" means that the enhancement has met all criteria

  • "At Risk" means that the enhancement has NOT yet met all criteria

  • "Pending Inclusion" means that the enhancements team has not yet reviewed it

The majority of the opted-in enhancements have now been reviewed. The enhancements team will be reviewing the final few shortly.

Another request from the SIG leads/Enhancement owners: Please communicate if any of your KEPs intend to make breaking changes to the code. These enhancements would be tracked as "Major Changes".

As a reminder: By enhancements freeze, we require that enhancements in the release have met the following criteria:

In addition, please note that the KEP Template  has officially been updated to incorporate more detail in the Test Plan section  to bolster our goal of increasing reliability across the project. Please be sure to include this updated Test Plan section in your PRs as you continue to work on them for inclusion in 1.25.

Enhancements missing this deadline will require an exception.

As of the time of writing, we have 66 enhancements opted-in to the release. Of which:

  • 23 are "Tracked"

  • 38 are "At Risk"

  • 0 are "Pending Inclusion"

  • 5 have been "Removed from Milestone"

By SIG, these enhancements are:

SIG Api-machinery: 6

SIG Apps: 3

SIG Auth: 5

SIG CLI: 2

SIG Network: 2

SIG Node: 18

SIG Scheduling: 5

SIG Security: 1

SIG Storage: 21

SIG Windows: 3

If your SIG is not listed here, then it has not opted in any enhancements for the release.

If you have any questions, please reach out to the enhancements team in #sig-release or #release-enhancements on Slack.

Thank you,

Priyanka Saggu, 1.25 Enhancements Lead