Draft Proposal of Bit-field Default Member Initializers

Andrew Tomazos

Nov 21, 2015, 11:44:12 AM11/21/15
to std-pr...@isocpp.org
Please find attached a draft of "Proposal of Bit-field Default Member Initializers".

Feedback welcome.
  -Andrew

ProposalofBit-fieldDefaultMemberInitializers.pdf

dgutson .

Nov 21, 2015, 12:26:18 PM11/21/15
to std-proposals

El 21/11/2015 13:44, "Andrew Tomazos" <andrew...@gmail.com> escribió:

> Please find attached a draft of "Proposal of Bit-field Default Member Initializers".

I think it's time to replace bitfields by a superior C++ish solution.
For example, std::bitfields<Type1<size11, size12, ...>, Type2<size21, size22, ...>, ..., Typen<sizen1, sizen2,...>> .
I'll toy with the idea abd bring a wirking proposal with a prototype.