Follow up...

Suzanne Van Dam

Sep 15, 2021, 11:53:56 AM9/15/21
to wei...@umich.edu, Circles of Washtenaw County Announcements, Bonita Bingham
Hi John,
Yes, we are aware of this.  We--or for that matter you--can send info like this out to the circles "Announcements" list serve.  ( Circles of Washtenaw County Announcements <announ...@friendsindeedmi.org>) We are working on making that better, but it does go to all the people affiliated with Circles (mostly Leaders & Allies & resource team members).  I'll send this one out...let me know if you get it.  It's so frustrating that we can't seem to change the subject heading to say something aside from "ANNOUNCEMENTS."  We have a new communications director starting next week, and I hope she can help with this.  As I recall, this was also one of the events promoted in our last newsletter, so hopefully people will see it in a few places.

Secondly, Sarah mentioned that you asked when we will revisit the community norms.  Sorry you missed our last session. Attached here is a copy of the "Ways of Being" that our second cohort came up with.  As you can see, a lot of those norms were addressed toward kids (we had about 35 of them). We'll revisit this conversation, but it might be a few sessions down the road, as we had to make time in the schedule for Ginny's presentations, which needed to be moved up to accommodate her schedule change necessitated by a health issue.  As you can imagine, it's quite the balancing act to get everything in on the schedule.
Thanks,
Suzanne

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 10:56 AM John Weiss <weiss...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Suzanne and Bonita

Not sure if you are aware of the Town Hall on Poverty and Racism  being led by United Way next Wednesday at noon.  It might be something volunteers (and leaders!~) might be interested in, if you think its worth circulating.

--
Suzanne Van Dam
Friends In Deed, Circles Program Director

The new dawn blooms as we free it
For there is always light,
if only we’re brave enough to see it
If only we’re brave enough to be it