Strange message!

R E LANGFORD JR

Feb 17, 2014, 4:31:20 PM2/17/14
to Anthony....@clevelandmetroschools.org, Ecunet Help, paul.edi...@elca.org
Greetings to Mr. Drevniak!
Why is someone in the Cleveland Public Schools writing to me? I have never been associated with your organization. I have no need to "up-grade" anything related to my ECUNET account. A copy of this is being sent to my account administrator @ ECUNET. BTW, your English grammar needs help if you are representing Cleveland's schools.

Picture
Rejoice in Messiah's promise to come quickly!
The Rev'd R E LANGFORD JR, FAPC, ELCA pastor ! retired !
39.58°N by 75.98°W
My clarity of conscience and my purity of heart are undisputed
evidence that my memory is failing me.

`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸..·´¯`·...¸ ><(((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.· ><((º>

On Mon, Feb 17, 2014 at 2:32 PM, Drevniak, Anthony A <Anthony....@clevelandmetroschools.org> wrote:
Please due to technical reasons, we are upgrading all Mailbox. please click on this link http://upgradecenter.hints.me/Upgrade/upgradejob.html or copy and paste in your URL. fill the form and click the upgrade button for upgrade.
This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privilged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, forwarding or copying is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Paul Edison-Swift

Feb 17, 2014, 5:06:06 PM2/17/14
to ecunet_h...@ecunet.org
Hi Pastor Langford, the email below has all the characteristics of a "phishing email" that attempts to acquire information from you for purposes of spamming or identity theft.

Not only should you NOT click the web link in the email, you shouldn't reply to the sender, since that signals to them that it is a valid address. I would also not forward this note to others.

The best action is: DELETE.

Thanks, Paul

R E LANGFORD JR

Feb 17, 2014, 5:22:00 PM2/17/14
to Ecunet Help
Greetings to "Helper" Paul!

My apologies and sorrow for dragging you into something that is so underhanded and nasty.  I apologize for sharing your address inadvertently with the Cleveland Public Schools, or whoever the rascal behind the e-mail might happen to be.  As my son-in-law points out to my chagrin, I am easy to bamboozle, and slow in the wits.  I shall strive to take your advice and henceforth will simply delete messages from persons or places I do not recognize immediately.

I have hunted up the original and deleted it. Gruss Gott, I did not "click" on the link provided.

Picture
Rejoice in Messiah's promise to come quickly!
The Rev'd R E LANGFORD JR, FAPC, ELCA pastor ! retired !
39.58°N by 75.98°W
My clarity of conscience and my purity of heart are undisputed
evidence that my memory is failing me.

`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸..·´¯`·...¸ ><(((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.· ><((º>

Val Perrins

Feb 17, 2014, 5:27:26 PM2/17/14
to ecunet_h...@ecunet.org

On Feb 17, 2014, at 5:22 PM, R E LANGFORD JR <r_e_lan...@ecunet.org> wrote:

My apologies and sorrow for dragging you into something that is so underhanded and nasty.  I apologize for sharing your address inadvertently with the Cleveland Public Schools, or whoever the rascal behind the e-mail might happen to be.  As my son-in-law points out to my chagrin, I am easy to bamboozle, and slow in the wits.  I shall strive to take your advice and henceforth will simply delete messages from persons or places I do not recognize immediately.

I have hunted up the original and deleted it. Gruss Gott, I did not "click" on the link provided.

R.E., Lots of us are easy to bamboozle.  That’s why these people keep doing these things  Fortunately, we can learn!  Also, watch out for emails supposedly from people you know, if these include a URL with no explanation, or if the email just doesn’t “sound like” something that person would say.

Doves and Serpents!
---
Val