Shutdown of data-idm.unavco.org (initial release/test server) on May 31, 2023

Daniel McNamara

May 22, 2023, 1:58:59 PM5/22/23
to data-anno...@earthscope.org, Daniel McNamara, Jim Riley

GAGE data-idm.unavco.org (Initial Release) File Server Users,

On May 31, 2023, per our prior announcements (see our March 30 announcement: GAGE Data File Server Authenticated Access Now Required), data-idm.unavco.org will be retired on May 31, 2023. For those utilizing this initial release server, please switch over to using data.unavco.org before the end of May.

The initial release server has been available for users since June 30, 2022 to initiate the transition to authenticated access for GAGE data files and allow us to refine our IdM approach for EarthScope utilizing community feedback and input.

Takeaways/Actions needed:

  1. Users of data-idm.unavco.org (initial release/test server) should complete their switchover to using data.unavco.org by May 31.

    1. This will necessitate updating your CLI/SDK to the latest version.

    2. Updating your scripts to point to data.unavco.org instead of data-idm.unavco.org.

    3. Logging in to set up the CLI with your device code.

  2. Users who have yet to use our new Identity Management (IdM) system will want to follow the registration and authentication instructions at: GPS/GNSS File Server Access Examples.

For additional information:

Please contact us with questions, suggestions, and concerns at data...@earthscope.org.

Regards,

The EarthScope Identity Management Team