GAGE Data File Server Authenticated Access Now Required.

80 vaatamist
Liigu esimese lugemata sõnumi juurde

Daniel McNamara

lugemata,
30. märts 2023, 15:48:3630.03.23
kuni Data Announcements

GAGE Data File Server Users,

Today, March 30, per our prior announcements (see our March 10 announcement: GAGE Data File Server Authenticated Access required March 30, 2023), user registration and login is now required to access the GAGE Data File Server (data.unavco.org).

To ease the impact on our user community who have been using our initial release IdM server, data-idm.unavco.org, we are providing a two-month transition period before its final retirement on May 31, 2023. For those utilizing our initial release server, please switch over to data.unavco.org before the end of May.

The initial release server has been available for users since June 30, 2022 to initiate the transition to authenticated access for GAGE data files and allow us to refine our IdM approach for EarthScope.

Our Python based EarthScope CLI and SDK can be used for scripted data file server access and python download script development respectively. New versions of our CLI (v. 0.8.2 - Command Line Interface) and SDK (v. 0.2.0 - Software Developer Kit) are being released as part of this switchover. As part of today’s release, You must use these latest versions of our CLI/SDK with either data.unavco.org or data-idm.unavco.org. Use pip in your python environment to upgrade our CLI/SDK like so:

venv% pip install earthscope-cli --upgrade

Takeaways/Actions needed:

  1. User login is now mandatory for access to data.unavco.org.

  2. The latest versions of our CLI/SDK are required with both data.unavco.org and data-idm.unavco.org.

  3. Users of data-idm.unavco.org should complete their switchover to using data.unavco.org by May 31.

  4. Users who have yet to use our new Identity Management (IdM) system will need to follow the registration and authentication instructions at: GPS/GNSS File Server Access Examples.

For additional information:

Please contact us with questions, suggestions, and concerns at data...@earthscope.org.

Regards,

The EarthScope Identity Management Team