GAGE Data File Server Authenticated Access required March 30, 2023.

Daniel McNamara

Mar 10, 2023, 6:55:41 PM3/10/23
to Data Announcements

GAGE Data File Server Users,

The GAGE/SAGE Facility, operated by the EarthScope Consortium, has developed a data user registration and login system for authenticated access to the GAGE Data File Server (data.unavco.org). The new registration and login system is intended to improve reporting of GAGE data archive usage to sponsors. On March 30, 2023, user registration and login will be required to access the GAGE Data File Server (data.unavco.org). To ease the impact on the user community, we will implement a two-month transition period before final retirement of the initial release server, data-idm.unavco.org on May 31, 2023.

The initial release server has been available for users since June 30, 2022 to initiate the transition to authenticated access for GAGE data files. On September 8, 2022, we made available the Command Line Interface (CLI) and an accompanying Software Developer Kit (SDK), to facilitate the authentication of registered users and provide tokens for ongoing/long-running script access.

The Python based EarthScope CLI and SDK can be used for scripted data file server access and python download script development respectively. New versions of our CLI (v. 0.8.1 - Command Line Interface) and SDK (v. 0.2.0 - Software Developer Kit) are being released as part of this switchover. Please update them by March 30th, using pip in your python virtual environment. For additional information:

Please contact us with questions, suggestions, and concerns at data...@earthscope.org.

Regards,

The EarthScope Identity Management Team