Polymer expression not working in Chrome and Firefox(Javascript)

Ravi Teja Gudapati

Apr 12, 2014, 7:59:02 AM4/12/14
to w...@dartlang.org
Hi,

I am using Polymer expression to create data binding dynamically without using custom elements. It works perfectly well on Dartium but doesn't seem to work when converted to Javascript(Chrome and Firefox).

Even the example provided with polymer expression package doesn't work. It doesn't throw any error in the console. Is anybody else facing similar problems? Should I enable something in browser flags?

I am using polymer_expression version 0.8.10+4.

Thanks.

ravi teja

Apr 12, 2014, 10:48:35 AM4/12/14
to w...@dartlang.org
It works when I import 'dart:mirrors' library to the example.

Thanks.

曹忠

Apr 14, 2014, 3:27:28 AM4/14/14
to w...@dartlang.org
+Ravi Teja Gudapati

在 2014年4月12日星期六UTC+8下午7时59分02秒,Ravi Teja Gudapati写道:

Siggi Cherem

Apr 18, 2014, 2:10:35 PM4/18/14
to w...@dartlang.org
Good point, this example needs to be fixed. I filed bug 18313 so we don't forget.

Polymer-expressions are typically intended to be used together with polymer, so we rarely use them on their own. Turns out that it is in the polymer package where we make sure that polymer-expressions work during deployment, but for examples like these where we are not using polymer, we need to do it explicitly.

The import to 'dart:mirrors' works, but it might generate an app that is really big. In polymer 0.9.5 we included an import to dart:mirrors, but we also include a @MirrorsUsed annotation to make the result smaller. In polymer 0.10.0-dev* we use code generation. Either mechanism should work for this example too.