Defra's Social Science Expert Group (SSEG) Recruitment 2022

Alia Dietsch

Sep 21, 2022, 6:49:55 AM9/21/22
to sswg...@conbio.org
---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: 'Ensor, Matt'

Dear all,

We’re still recruiting to the Social Science Expert Group (SSEG) and have just over 2 weeks before the advert closes.

Please forward to any colleagues or networks that may have been missed.

The advert has also been posted on the UKES website: Evaluation job vacancies - UK Evaluation Society. We’ve had great engagement so far via social media so please use this link if you want to post to twitter or LinkedIn (scroll to the bottom of the page).

Any questions please email me.

Thank you!

Matt Ensor (He/Him) | Social Researcher | Evaluation | Environmental Land Management | Future Farming and Countryside Programme | Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs

matt....@defra.gov.uk | Usual work hours: 8am-4pm

From: Ensor, Matt <Matt....@defra.gov.uk>

Hello,

Defra are recruiting five positions to the Social Science Expert Group (SSEG), a sub-group of the Science Advisory Council (SAC). Please find attached the advert and candidate pack for further details.

We are contacting individuals and networks to help disseminate this advert to a broad range of applicants from across the social sciences and related disciplines. Please cascade the advert to your networks and colleagues.

SSEG brings high quality external social science expertise to the Defra group to complement existing capacity and to ensure social science can inform policy development, delivery and decision making. It aims to influence and improve Defra’s policies and their impact through effective advice and use of high-quality social science evidence.

The SSEG are looking to recruit five members with expertise across the full breadth of the social sciences and closely related disciplines. We seek a broad range of expertise across Defra’s areas of interest, including but not limited to environmental policy, biodiversity, air and/or water quality, agriculture and rural affairs. We particularly welcome applicants from across the full spectrum of ethnicity, gender, lived experience and career stage

Completed Expressions of Interest (EOI) and CV should be sent to matt....@defra.gov.uk by 12am, 10th October 2022.

For further details including candidate pack and an informal conversation with an existing member of the group or Defra secretariat please contact Kieron....@defra.gov.uk, Rachel...@defra.gov.uk, or Simin....@newcastle.ac.uk

Thank you,

SSEG Secretariat

Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) This email and any attachments is intended for the named recipient only. If you have received it in error you have no authority to use, disclose, store or copy any of its contents and you should destroy it and inform the sender. Whilst this email and associated attachments will have been checked for known viruses whilst within Defra systems we can accept no responsibility once it has left our systems. Communications on Defra's computer systems may be monitored and/or recorded to secure the effective operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.
SSEG Advertisement 2022.pdf
SSEG Candidate Pack 2022.pdf
SSEG Expression of Interest 2022.docx