Public stats on Chrome Web Store is wrong

Hao Nguyen

Jun 24, 2024, 10:45:33 AM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to Chromium Extensions
Hi,

It looks like there is a bug on Chrome Web Store, causing the user count and rating stats to show very old data (I believe the data is around 4/20).

For example:
User count was 62M yesterday, today it is 66M
Rating count was 288,337 yesterday, today it is 287,740
Rating count generally should not decrease, but it dropped significantly here, reaching to the level seen around 4/20.
Attached is a screenshot of the trends for those who do not have premium subscription on chrome-stats.

I spot checked a few other extensions and they also have similar issues: e.g.
Data shown seem to be close to the data gathered around 4/20

In the Developer Console, the stats is still correct.

Best,
Hao
Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 9.38.48 PM.png

Patrick Kettner

Jun 24, 2024, 10:47:28 AM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to Hao Nguyen, Chromium Extensions
Thanks Hao!
There is another thread about this from earlier today. We are looking into it, and I will update ASAP

patrick

Dhanur Sehgal

Jun 24, 2024, 4:29:25 PM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to Chromium Extensions, Patrick Kettner, Chromium Extensions, Hao Nguyen
Not just that, the search rankings on webstore are also acting crazy!