bug metrics shown Chrome Store Landing

Marina Guastavino

Jun 24, 2024, 5:12:19 AM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to Chromium Extensions
Hello Chrome Store team!
I've just visited my Chrome Store landing page and I am seeing way less users and reviews than what I have.

I just checked in my Chrome store analytics and it shows the correct number, however what is publicly shown is less.

Is this a bug?  Any change it could be fixed soon?

Thanks in advance!

wong2

Jun 24, 2024, 7:22:48 AM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to Chromium Extensions, Marina Guastavino
Same here.

Dhanur Sehgal

Jun 24, 2024, 7:29:33 AM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to Chromium Extensions, wong2, Marina Guastavino
SAME HERE,  WHAT'S HAPPENING??

Igor Zuev

Jun 24, 2024, 7:36:38 AM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to Chromium Extensions, Marina Guastavino
Same here, for all extensions we have. Waiting for the fix.

Patrick Kettner

Jun 24, 2024, 7:37:54 AM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to Igor Zuev, Chromium Extensions, Marina Guastavino
Hey folks!
Looking into it. In the past there have been a few times where the data is slower to show up. Nothing was lost, there was justa. slow down in the processing of it. Will update once the issue is found.

patrick

DINESH S

Jun 24, 2024, 4:38:33 PM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to Chromium Extensions, Patrick Kettner, Chromium Extensions, Marina Guastavino, Igor Zuev

Thanks Patrick.

I can see that my extensions user count has dropped to what it was a month earlier. Also the rating seems to be wrong.

Patrick Kettner

Jun 24, 2024, 4:39:32 PM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to DINESH S, Chromium Extensions, Marina Guastavino, Igor Zuev
Yep, the data is not up to date. No data has been lost, it is just displaying incorrectly. I will hopefully have an update for everyone soon.

patrick

On Mon, Jun 24, 2024 at 3:59 PM DINESH S <dines...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Patrick.

I can see that the user count on one of my extensions has dropped to what it was a month ago. I can also see the ratings and the reviews don't match up.

Patrick Kettner

Jun 24, 2024, 5:36:52 PM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to Chromium Extensions, Patrick Kettner, Chromium Extensions, mar...@getdirecto.com, igor.z...@gmail.com, dines...@gmail.com
Hey everyone!
The issue should now be resolved. If anyone is still seeing inaccurate data in their dashboard, please do reach out so I can dig into it further.

patrick

Dhanur Sehgal

Jun 24, 2024, 5:42:08 PM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to Patrick Kettner, Chromium Extensions, mar...@getdirecto.com, igor.z...@gmail.com, dines...@gmail.com
Looks better now.
For some extensions, it is still slightly off...

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Chromium Extensions" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msgid/chromium-extensions/659786cd-2346-4082-b277-0b9e90ff1677n%40chromium.org.

Patrick Kettner

Jun 24, 2024, 8:23:34 PM (4 days ago) Jun 24
to Yacine Benslimane, Chromium Extensions, Dhanur Sehgal, dines...@gmail.com, igor.z...@gmail.com, mar...@getdirecto.com
Can you be more specific? what extension? What values are you expecting?

You can email me directly if you don’t want to share that information publicly.

Patrick

On Mon, Jun 24, 2024 at 8:19 PM Yacine Benslimane <yacinebens...@gmail.com> wrote:
My extensions ratings and users count aren't updated yet.

gl...@detailed.com

Jun 24, 2024, 11:50:15 PM (4 days ago) Jun 24
to Chromium Extensions, Patrick Kettner, Chromium Extensions
Hi Patrick,

Thanks for all of your help with this. It's appreciated.

I'm still having issues on our side, however.

I don't see any option to email you directly as the Group does not give us permission to see your email address (a tooltip message states that).

Some numbers have recovered, but the main dashboard numbers are still off significantly.

So when you go to the extensions dashboard, before you click on an individual extension - the page that shows all the extensions you own, the numbers shown there have a difference of more than 25,000 for us. They're significantly lower on the extension overviews page, compared to clicking on the individual extension. These were always in sync previously.

I also still feel like the overall numbers are wrong. In five years of running our extension we've never had the numbers decrease, but they're still lower than a couple of weeks ago (albeit not by a large amount).

This decrease is not at all reflected in our number of daily installs and uninstalls, where uninstalls are low and daily installs are still great.

Happy to share specific screenshots in private. Thanks!

Marina Guastavino

Jun 25, 2024, 3:25:15 AM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to Patrick Kettner, Chromium Extensions, igor.z...@gmail.com, dines...@gmail.com
Hello! We are still seeing the metrics from about  2 months ago: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/directo-travel-deals-save/fonalplhodhnenmokepaijoemaednpjm

Thanks for looking into this!

Easy Scraper

Jun 25, 2024, 4:39:00 AM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to Chromium Extensions, gl...@detailed.com, Patrick Kettner, Chromium Extensions
Hi Patrick,

The number in my dashboard is still incorrect. Both the developer dashboard and public listing display 171 users when it was showing 10,000+ yesterday: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/easy-scraper-one-click-we/cljbfnedccphacfneigoegkiieckjndh

DINESH S

Jun 25, 2024, 4:39:11 AM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to Chromium Extensions, gl...@detailed.com, Patrick Kettner, Chromium Extensions
Hi Patrick,

The issue was resolved few hours back, but they are back to the wrong numbers again now.

Marian Čaikovski

Jun 25, 2024, 4:39:18 AM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to Chromium Extensions, Patrick Kettner, Chromium Extensions, Dhanur Sehgal, dines...@gmail.com, igor.z...@gmail.com, mar...@getdirecto.com, Yacine Benslimane
Hello Patrick

It had 173 users 3 days ago, now only 4 left.

Thank you
Best regards,
Marian

Yacine Benslimane

Jun 25, 2024, 4:39:36 AM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to Chromium Extensions, Dhanur Sehgal, Chromium Extensions, mar...@getdirecto.com, igor.z...@gmail.com, dines...@gmail.com, Patrick Kettner
My extensions ratings and users count aren't updated yet.

Patrick Kettner

Jun 25, 2024, 6:34:26 AM (4 days ago) Jun 25
to Marina Guastavino, Chromium Extensions, igor.z...@gmail.com, dines...@gmail.com
Thanks for all the replies, folks!
The underlying problem had to do with problematic data syncing, so it seems like it may have gone back out of sync.

For now you can assume this is still a live bug. I will update again with changes once they are available.

patrick

Isra Pasos

Jun 26, 2024, 4:36:10 AM (3 days ago) Jun 26
to Patrick Kettner, Chromium Extensions, Marina Guastavino, dines...@gmail.com, igor.z...@gmail.com
Thanks Patrick and team for helping us out with this