FYI Privacy Sandbox Ads APIs origin trial

John Delaney

Apr 8, 2022, 4:17:12 PMApr 8
to blink-dev
Hi blink-dev,

This is a heads-up that there will be a shared origin trial for three new APIs.

The "Privacy Sandbox Ads APIs" origin trial will include:

Please see each API’s Intent to Experiment for additional details.

We have published separate guidance on how this shared origin trial will work, and how developers can participate once available here:

John Delaney

Apr 28, 2022, 4:18:05 PMApr 28
to blink-dev, John Delaney
The unified origin trial for the Privacy Sandbox relevance and measurement APIs (Topics, FLEDGE and Attribution Reporting) is available in Chrome Beta.  We plan to ramp up to approximately 50% of the Chrome Beta population within the next two weeks.  We will continue to run the origin trial in Chrome Beta to evaluate the functionality of the APIs and the accompanying user controls.   Technical testing is an important first step in the origin trial process;  developers are encouraged to provide feedback on API functionality, documentation and ease of integration.  To get support, report issues, or provide feedback please see these resources for Topics, FLEDGE and Attribution Reporting.

We will provide updates soon on when we expect to advance the origin trial to Chrome Stable, with increased traffic volume to support additional testing.